Wouldn't it be cool if they release an AFD 25th Anniversary Special Edition

gnr2012

It would be brilliant to do that. I feel though that Axl would try and stop it since at some point in the future he wants to release CD2 and this would be looking back yet again. The label pushed the greatest hits out though so I have faith they'll be able to get this out too.

The greatest hits was kind of a ridiculous idea at the time but they put it out at a time when Axl kept promising new music but not delivering it. It's one of their best sellers, but the one thing they haven't put out is the Icon CD, which prob. won't happen because it'll go right back to the courtroom blocking it, unless a couple of ChiDem songs wind up on it.

There's nothing wrong with looking back at the past and discussing AFD in hindsight. Springsteen put out 3 box sets while working on new music. Neil Young worked on his mammoth box sets while continuing to work on new music, and CSNY were just as volatile as GNR behind the scenes - same drug problems, same dysfunctional personalities but in later years, did this big "fuck you" to Bush and made audiences walk out, but in a way, that made them even cooler than being this hippy dippie bands strumming their acoustics.

Old guys are just as dangerous because they don't give a f--k, they made the money, they could rest on their laurels, but whenever someone's putting new music out, sometimes it's better than some of what they did in their prime. Only time can tell though.

Neil said "it's better to burn out than fade away", but he also said "long may you run."

I'd love to see a box set based around AFD... live rare stuff, interviews with the band, a coffeetable book, and doing a soundstage with just the original 5 guys playing the whole thing beginning to end.

a boxset needs to happen.....i could live without a book and soundstage for now. baby steps

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfect time to put out re-recorded version with Bucket n Brain.

As much as I'd love to hear it, I think releasing the whole re-recorded version would create a major media backlash. It's the 25th anniversary of the original album, and thus tribute should be payed to that. In other words, the focus should be on the original album and what kinds of things from that era can be added (demos, rarities, and so on).

The better way to get the re-recorded version out there would be either throw it online for free or include it as a bonus disc with a future release from the current line-up.

I don't think that they could get Bucket in the studio to record it.

AFD is too easy for the most skilled guitarist and most skilled drummer in the history of GN'R

He said Bucket not Bumble.

You know what I am starting to think Bumblefoot is more skilled than Buckethead.

They are both gods, but I think Ron takes a slight lead.

Yeah if I had to pick my three it would be Ron, Buckethead then Fortus.

I would take a late 80s or early 90s Izzy over Fortus, but I would take Fortus over present day Izzy. That would be awesome with Thal and Bucket in the band together though.

I'd release both as a double album. Orginal AFD and the re-recorded version with whoever got in on that.

I'd just prefer re-recorded to remastered, that's some bad voodoo. Although Zepp remasters were great. Everything else has been horrific.

Although Zepp remasters were great. Everything else has been horrific.

Really? I actually hate the Zeppelin remasters lol. They are mastered too hot IMO and do not hold a candle to the previous originals. If you put on the Barry Diament mastered Led Zeppelin II and compare it to the remaster there is a big different in quality (but the Bob Ludwig mastered vinyl is the best LDII hands down)

In my opinion the the recent Pink Floyd remasters that came out a few months ago were fantastic, they are widely considered to be in some cases massive improvements on the majority of the albums. I personally like the 2009 Beatles remasters as well, IMO that is when remastering is done right. Same with the recent reissue of Jethro Tull's Aqualung mastered by Steve Wilson, that record sounds amazing now

Edited by WhazUp

You know what I am starting to think Bumblefoot is more skilled than Buckethead.

They are both gods, but I think Ron takes a slight lead.

Yeah if I had to pick my three it would be Ron, Buckethead then Fortus.

I would take a late 80s or early 90s Izzy over Fortus, but I would take Fortus over present day Izzy. That would be awesome with Thal and Bucket in the band together though.

Izzy had a feel for music in then 80's and he wrote most of the riffs but I was only talking about skills. Izzy's departure was was the death blow to the old lineup. Slash wrote great riffs too, also had a feel for the era but present day Fortus kicks ass.

Izzy had a feel for music in then 80's and he wrote most of the riffs but I was only talking about skills. Izzy's departure was was the death blow to the old lineup. Slash wrote great riffs too, also had a feel for the era but present day Fortus kicks ass.

Oh yeah, definitely. Fortus kicks ass. His onstage presence is awesome too.

I figured I would be bored during KOHD during the Forum but Fortus plays some good blues on that song.

I figured I would be bored during KOHD during the Forum but Fortus plays some good blues on that song.

Yeah, I know that song gets a lot of hate here but I love it.

AFD should be celebrated for it's 25th anniversary. This album is a masterpiece and the record company should do something special and re-release it.

The US tour was a huge success and AFD is still a very important album today, so since every other band seems to be re-releasing their albums, GNR and the record company should do it too.

I really would love a live cd/dvd of this US tour too. I think releasing a updated cd/dvd of this US tour would be a great addition to any fans collection. And show all the doubters how good this new band is and that Axl is still one of the best frontman/singers/performers around today.

This is not the section to discuss 25 year old records from another band.

asshole.

You're not aloud insulting anybody around here. Fail.

Eye sea that your write about insults two fellow bored members on hear.

:rofl-lol:

Ok my crystal ball is telling me a 25th anniversary will be released with a bonus disc including all the tracks re-recorded (You're Crazy and Anything goes replaced by YCBM and Patience)

:thumbsup:

If they were gonna do a reunion tour it should be done for Appetites 25th and play the entire album from beginning to end..

You Could Be Mine

Nice Boys

Used To Love Her

Civil War

Patience

November Rain

A jam to give Axl a rest

You know where you are!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Jungle

It's So Easy

Nightrain

Out Ta Get Me

Brownstone

Paradise City

My Michelle

Think About You

Guitar Solo

Sweet Child

You're Crazy

Anything Goes

Rocket Queen

--Encore--

Down On The Farm

Knockin On Heavens Door

That would be so fucking bad ass.....

If they were gonna do a reunion tour it should be done for Appetites 25th and play the entire album from beginning to end..

You Could Be Mine

Nice Boys

Used To Love Her

Civil War

Patience

November Rain

A jam to give Axl a rest

You know where you are!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Jungle

It's So Easy

Nightrain

Out Ta Get Me

Brownstone

Paradise City

My Michelle

Think About You

Guitar Solo

Sweet Child

You're Crazy

Anything Goes

Rocket Queen

--Encore--

Down On The Farm

Knockin On Heavens Door

That would be so fucking bad ass.....

Throw in some Chinese Democracy songs there and why not? Some Snakepit tunes too. :thumbsup:

Although Zepp remasters were great. Everything else has been horrific.

Really? I actually hate the Zeppelin remasters lol. They are mastered too hot IMO and do not hold a candle to the previous originals. If you put on the Barry Diament mastered Led Zeppelin II and compare it to the remaster there is a big different in quality (but the Bob Ludwig mastered vinyl is the best LDII hands down)

In my opinion the the recent Pink Floyd remasters that came out a few months ago were fantastic, they are widely considered to be in some cases massive improvements on the majority of the albums. I personally like the 2009 Beatles remasters as well, IMO that is when remastering is done right. Same with the recent reissue of Jethro Tull's Aqualung mastered by Steve Wilson, that record sounds amazing now

To be honest the remasters were maybe the first time I heard Zepp. So that might be key. The Faith no more remasters I think The real thing was an improvement. Angel dust was bad. Exile was a nightmare. It didn't work on The doors either for me.

It's not the end of the world is it. so I don't know remaster AFD...go ahead

What would be really cool is if the original artwork for the cover was used. Oh, and some bonus tracks like Shadow of Your Love or some of theothers that have been mentioned. Maybe a cut of the original Don't Cry? I used to have a copy of that somewhere on a cassette but have lost it in house moves.

You can download that demo. It was on the Don't Cry Single as well. I got it via torrent.

Thanks! I'll check it out.