Pollstars top 200 top grossing North American tours of 2011

ironmt

73. GUNS N' ROSES

Gross (millions): 11.2

Average Tickets: 6,446

Cities/Shows: 33/35

without last 3 shows ,average ticket sales is about 7500...Not bad at all...

On the other hands,everywhere in the world (South America,Europe,UK,Australia,Asia,Japan) GNr had more more bigger ticket sales than DEF Lepard,Motley Crue,Rammstain even Pearl Jam,except in US...US sucks for GNR

73. GUNS N' ROSES

Gross (millions): 11.2

Average Tickets: 6,446

Cities/Shows: 33/35

without last 3 shows ,average ticket sales is about 7500...Not bad at all...

On the other hands,everywhere in the world (South America,Europe,UK,Australia,Asia,Japan) GNr had more more bigger ticket sales than DEF Lepard,Motley Crue,Rammstain even Pearl Jam,except in US...US sucks for GNR

yep, it seems USA is the country with most dislike for NuGNR, SA and Latin America is great, as is Oceania, Asia isn't bad and Europe has strong support along with Canada.

Attendance; 225610

Average Ticket Price; $50~

Edited by Use Your Delusion 1

Because america for some reason fell in love with talentless people who sit behind a board and make a sythetic beat and auto tune the shit out of themselves while they try to rhyme

They also realize this isn't really GNR. What I mean is that as a band, they've not been together that long, they've released ZERO music as a cohesive unit (CD is 100% Axl, it's written in every lyric in there) and they don't tour enough. Nine out of 10 people couldn't tell you one other person in this iteration of GNR besides Axl - and that's ALL Axl's fault. Why at 50 years old does he continue to portray the woe is me everyone's out to get me thing? It's old and stale, and music fans have moved past his childish antics. That's why those embarassing attendance figures are what they are.

In places like South America, they crave American things, particularly music, so Axl trotting out with 6 no-names is still 'GNR' to them because the ticket stub says so.

Or you could just shut the fuck up because you dont know what the fuck are you talking about and you are trolling threads already with only 11 posts.

Edited by Voodoochild

Because america for some reason fell in love with talentless people who sit behind a board and make a sythetic beat and auto tune the shit out of themselves while they try to rhyme

They also realize this isn't really GNR. What I mean is that as a band, they've not been together that long, they've released ZERO music as a cohesive unit (CD is 100% Axl, it's written in every lyric in there) and they don't tour enough. Nine out of 10 people couldn't tell you one other person in this iteration of GNR besides Axl - and that's ALL Axl's fault. Why at 50 years old does he continue to portray the woe is me everyone's out to get me thing? It's old and stale, and music fans have moved past his childish antics. That's why those embarassing attendance figures are what they are.

In places like South America, they crave American things, particularly music, so Axl trotting out with 6 no-names is still 'GNR' to them because the ticket stub says so.

Just shut up,you're embarrassing yourself

I'm sure coming on stage 11pm kept people away in droves as well

What kind of attendance to you expect when you tour an albu 3 years after its release

if you play 35 shows I imagine 6,446

Considering their playing 15-20,000 people venues that's a pretty shitty turnout

Or you could just shut the fuck up because you dont know what the fuck are you talking about and you are trolling threads already with only 11 posts.

I Agree Voodoo,Seems some people register here with the sole purpose of hijacking threads with their wet-blanket-mentality,and they attempt to elicit an emotional reaction from the real fans.

2011 was a Great year for GNR and the fanbase, the N.A. tour,the television interview,the live streams and the fact that GNR were doing damn near three hour shows!

The interview on That Metal Show was a start but like has been mentioned. if Axl or the band as a whole had done a television interview before the tour and released a song/music video I reckoned those figures would have almost doubled.

Edited by EhEh

It is a little misleading as it is just overall gross......some of the bands had a 100 concerts on the year, while others had much less. GnR only had 35 or so shows. If they would have had 100 or 150 shows, they would have been top twenty.

It is a little misleading as it is just overall gross......some of the bands had a 100 concerts on the year, while others had much less. GnR only had 35 or so shows. If they would have had 100 or 150 shows, they would have been top twenty.

I thought polls like these rank the tours by overall sucess not total gross money made? That things like number of sellout shows, attendance per show, playing all the shows advertised/no cancellations were considered in conjunction with gross money made and number of shows played?

I thought polls like these rank the tours by overall sucess not total gross money made? That things like number of sellout shows, attendance per show, playing all the shows advertised/no cancellations were considered in conjunction with gross money made and number of shows played?

Top grossing tours. Unless I read the results wrong.

what makes a tour successful is the gross revenue, duh!

most touring artists play all the shows they have advertised and cancellations aren't a typical feature of a tour - unless your GnR

most touring artists play all the shows they have advertised and cancellations aren't a typical feature of a tour - unless your GnR

Feel free to work out how many shows they have performed in last five years then how many shows they canceled. You might be shocked at how unfair the reputation for cancelling is now.

Top grossing tours. Unless I read the results wrong.

Ya, looked at the list again and I understand that it's based on gross revenue for the entire tour. I personally would have made the list based factors stated above even though that would be a little difficult to calculate. I guess they went with top grossing tours because that was the easiest and most telling way to represent the data?

That is so not true, shows get canceled all the time due to scheduling problems for any touring artist not just GnR. Sometimes you don't even realise it because they get cancled well in advance but that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. Plus GnR has been very good this tour it seems, 33/35 isn't bad in my books.

I love how we nit-pick at everything GnR does wrong just because of the band's colorful history. :rolleyes:

Would you cupcake give it a rest already? Stop trying to spin this in a negative light. GUNS N' ROSES WAS THE 73RD BIGGEST TOUR OF THE YEAR. Do you know how many fucking bands there are in the world? MILLIONS, probably. And this GNR tour wasn't even a particularly long tour. PLUS it seemed to be aimed at smaller cities anyway (East Rutherford, Youngstown), which I believe means this was intended to be a smaller, more intimate tour for fans in smaller towns -- a warm up, if you will, for what's certain to be the barnstorming tour of a lifetime when the next volumes of Chinese Democracy are released.

POLLSTARS

U2, 21 shows = 156 M

Bon Jovi, 27 shows = 57.1 M

GNR, 33 shows = 11.2 M

BILLBOARD

U2

Total Gross: $293,281,487 Number of Shows: 44

Total Attendance: 2,887,972 Number of Sell-Outs: 44

BON JOVI

Total Gross: $192,947,951 Number of Shows: 68

Total Attendance: 1,851,385 Number of Sell-Outs: 68

GNR is the best live band of 2011, no question about it but the band has a reputation for late starts which had caused low/weak ticket sales.

POLLSTARS

U2, 21 shows = 156 M

Bon Jovi, 27 shows = 57.1 M

GNR, 33 shows = 11.2 M

BILLBOARD

U2

Total Gross: $293,281,487 Number of Shows: 44

Total Attendance: 2,887,972 Number of Sell-Outs: 44

BON JOVI

Total Gross: $192,947,951 Number of Shows: 68

Total Attendance: 1,851,385 Number of Sell-Outs: 68

GNR is the best live band of 2011, no question about it but the band has a reputation for late starts which had caused low/weak ticket sales.

I wouldn't consider it trollin to point out the negative rather than stating the obvious.....

At one time in GnRs history - they used to sell out 100 percent of their shows to