Axl Rose Performs His Civic Duty 01/13/12

gunsguy

Guest Len B'stard

i thought famous people didnt have to do it cuz it like, disrupts the proceedings or they're recognisable or something? Also, if you've got a criminal record, can you still get called up? And does Axl have one? Mind you, i did for drink driving so...

Also, can you get called up if you're mental? I'm not being rude i mean like, y'know, if you have mental health issues, like bi-polar or manic depressive?

Edited by sugaraylen

i thought famous people didnt have to do it cuz it like, disrupts the proceedings or they're recognisable or something? Also, if you've got a criminal record, can you still get called up? And does Axl have one? Mind you, i did for drink driving so...

Also, can you get called up if you're mental? I'm not being rude i mean like, y'know, if you have mental health issues, like bi-polar or manic depressive?

I think that every scenario you described, except for fame, disqualifies you from jury duty. I think it has to be a felony on your record to disqualify you though. I guess Axl has no felonies or mental disorders. shrugs.gif

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Guest Len B'stard

I guess all that bi-polar/manic depressive stuff was a load of breeze :shrugs: Unless you get cured for it or something? I wouldn't know but i thought once you're manic depressive you're manic depressive for life but as i say, i'm not an authority on any of this. And i thought Axl had a rap sheet a mile long. I guess none of it was felonious?

I guess all that bi-polar/manic depressive stuff was a load of breeze :shrugs: Unless you get cured for it or something? I wouldn't know but i thought once you're manic depressive you're manic depressive for life but as i say, i'm not an authority on any of this. And i thought Axl had a rap sheet a mile long. I guess none of it was felonious?

That's what I'm assuming. I thought that the bi-polar shit was made up by people, but I thought he had a bigger criminal record. I guess if he's serving jury duty my assumptions were wrong though.

Guest Len B'stard

personally, as a fan, if i was on trial, i'd be fucking annoyed if the only time i got to meet Axl Rose is when i was bound by law to not talk to the bastard :lol: i'm not sure i could pay attention to the case with Axl sitting next to me. i've been on jury duty before and like, the bit where they sit you in the room and you gotta like argue the in's and out's of a case, i'm not sure i'd argue for long with Axl Rose. It'd be like "Axl, mate, couple of backstage passes and we'll say no more about it, yeah?"

Edited by sugaraylen

But being bi polar or manic depressive doesn't mean you're crazy though. Unless you're psychotic or suffer from hallucinations etc you can tell right from wrong. It depends on each individual and how affected they are by their mental disorders though. But yeah, I don't know how the rules are with being able to be on a jury in the US.

personally, as a fan, if i was on trial, i'd be fucking annoyed if the only time i got to meet Axl Rose is when i was bound by law to not talk to the bastard :lol: i'm not sure i could pay attention to the case with Axl sitting next to me. i've been on jury duty before and like, the bit where they sit you in the room and you gotta like argue the in's and out's of a case, i'm not sure i'd argue for long with Axl Rose. It'd be like "Axl, mate, couple of backstage passes and we'll say no more about it, yeah?"

Hahaha yeah, I'd mark out hard. Maybe it's because he's unrecognizable to the general public now. Maybe they didn't think he was famous enough anymore. I don't know, but I can definitely see it being a distraction to the proceedings. I'm sure that the verdict went the way Axl wanted it to though. Even if he wasn't famous, he would still be a stubborn bastard.

If they're really high profile, sure. Like I said, they use the "I provide jobs" as an easy out. He prob. had this come in the mail towards the end of the tour and went "fuck it, why not, I'm a taxpaying citizen". It actually is good for someone like him to do it over someone who has to leave their job that makes far less.

If he had a criminal record, it's prob. been cleared up. It was mostly juvenile stuff so that wouldn't count, and the assaults in later years were taken care of by lawyers and settled out of court. The thing is, post OJ, celebs aren't immune, I think Lindsey Lohan's a pity case and trying to give her benefit of the doubt, but if Martha Stewart isn't immune to going by a number, neither is anyone in Hollywood. Even if Arnold S jaywalked the street now, he's not as protected as he was a year ago.

"My client may have been drinking Nighttrain on the night in question, but if you think he committed this crime then You're Crazy. It's So Easy to see why he told me that he felt the cops were 'Out ta Get Me.' My client opted to Move to the City from Down on the Farm in hopes that this would become his very own Paradise City. He does not lead a Reckless Life, as he still keeps in touch with Mama Kin. My client does not believe that Anything Goes. He is simply one of the Nice Boys who deserves Better.

"Don't Cry for my client, yet know that he has been left feeling Estranged and even Scraped by these legal proceedings. 14 Years probation would be So Fine in this case, as he is Sorry for his actions. Don't judge my client based on his attire of Black Leather and whatever Attitude you feels as though he may have. Is he a Prostitute? No. Did he hide money from the IRS? No. Did he attempt to escape the country by fleeing to Madagascar? No. If the World has any justice, you will honor my client's request of 'Set Me Free.' Um, we'd like to remove that last line from the record. Surely one of you jury members can relate to what I'm saying." - Attorney desperately going for a hung jury and staring at Axl throughout his closing argument.

Axl's response:

"Enough with these lawyers and their Double Talkin' Jive, they're just Killing Time the same way I did for 14 Years while making Chinese Democracy. Before we all turn into Dust N' Bones, let's Breakdown the facts of this case that lead to an almost Perfect Crime.

The victim, Michelle O'Mine - who, if I may add, was built like a Locomotive - had just become Estranged from her Rocker husband because even though he Used To Love Her, he suffered from the Shotgun Blues and the constant fighting between the two of them was like a Civil War in their own home.

So she left with her 2 year old toddler and decided to Move To The City, into an apartment owned by her friend Dexter Brownstone. The apartment was next to a house shared by three men. However they weren't Nice Boys, they were a bunch of Bad Apples named Andy Secher, Mick Wall and Bob Guccione Junior. Needless to say, Michelle felt like she was living Right Next Door To Hell. Every night the Sweet Child O' Mine had to be told by her Mother "Don't Cry", but the odds of the child sleeping quietly through an entire night were always One In A Million.

Then one day when Miss O'Mine was tending to The Garden, the defendant Mr. Secher stared at her and thought to himself "You Could Be Mine". He thought of how she would look so Pretty Tied Up in her garden with no clothes, how the November Rain would make her body look So Fine. He viewed her garden as the Garden of Eden, and to him she was Eve.

Mr. Secher could have waited for the perfect moment to make his move, but he had no Patience. So he immediately approached her, and when she noticed his shadow she became startled. At first she thought it was her landlord, as she said "Is that you Mr. Brownstone?"

Andy replied, "No, that is the Shadow of Your Love".

To which Miss O'Mine replied "You're Crazy".

Mr. Secher then responded, "My Michelle, here I am. Your Rocket Queen. It's So Easy to Think About You, seeing you outside my window every day".

Miss O'Mine tried to run away, but Mr. Secher hit her over the head with a case of Dr. Pepper and she dropped faster than panties backstage after Yesterdays GNR concert. (I could come up with a dozen more "faster than" analogies, but that would be like beating a Dead Horse.)

After lapsing into a Coma, Michelle O'Mine soon found herself Knocking On Heaven's Door which led her to Paradise City.

And if anybody has a problem with my version of this case, Don't Damn Me. Just Back Off Bitch, because you're in My World now.

Andy Secher is GUILTY!!"

Secher like Shackler so it was Shackler's Revenge :D

I think that every scenario you described, except for fame, disqualifies you from jury duty. I think it has to be a felony on your record to disqualify you though. I guess Axl has no felonies or mental disorders. shrugs.gif

I work as a Jury Officer in the UK but I don't know if the rules are the same for the US. Criminal records that are over 10 years old that are not deemed as serious are discounted here. Axl's youthful criminal record would therefore be discounted & I presume the same thing applies in the US for him to be doing Jury Service. You can avoid Jury Service if you have ever suffered from a mental disorder and even depression can get you excused. The Juror has to make this known to the summoning burea but if Axl didn't put it on the form then the fact that he did Jury Service does not mean that he's never had any problems.

I can guarantee that the Juror officer in Los Angeles had absoloutely no interest in GN'R and I am very jealous that I've never had the lead singer of my favourite band come to my court!

"My client may have been drinking Nighttrain on the night in question, but if you think he committed this crime then You're Crazy. It's So Easy to see why he told me that he felt the cops were 'Out ta Get Me.' My client opted to Move to the City from Down on the Farm in hopes that this would become his very own Paradise City. He does not lead a Reckless Life, as he still keeps in touch with Mama Kin. My client does not believe that Anything Goes. He is simply one of the Nice Boys who deserves Better.

"Don't Cry for my client, yet know that he has been left feeling Estranged and even Scraped by these legal proceedings. 14 Years probation would be So Fine in this case, as he is Sorry for his actions. Don't judge my client based on his attire of Black Leather and whatever Attitude you feels as though he may have. Is he a Prostitute? No. Did he hide money from the IRS? No. Did he attempt to escape the country by fleeing to Madagascar? No. If the World has any justice, you will honor my client's request of 'Set Me Free.' Um, we'd like to remove that last line from the record. Surely one of you jury members can relate to what I'm saying." - Attorney desperately going for a hung jury and staring at Axl throughout his closing argument.

Lol, I can see Axl's response.

"Thanks to the lame *** attempt by the defense to influance me, I'm going home!

Axl's response:

"Enough with these lawyers and their Double Talkin' Jive, they're just Killing Time the same way I did for 14 Years while making Chinese Democracy. Before we all turn into Dust N' Bones, let's Breakdown the facts of this case that lead to an almost Perfect Crime.

The victim, Michelle O'Mine - who, if I may add, was built like a Locomotive - had just become Estranged from her Rocker husband because even though he Used To Love Her, he suffered from the Shotgun Blues and the constant fighting between the two of them was like a Civil War in their own home.

So she left with her 2 year old toddler and decided to Move To The City, into an apartment owned by her friend Dexter Brownstone. The apartment was next to a house shared by three men. However they weren't Nice Boys, they were a bunch of Bad Apples named Andy Secher, Mick Wall and Bob Guccione Junior. Needless to say, Michelle felt like she was living Right Next Door To Hell. Every night the Sweet Child O' Mine had to be told by her Mother "Don't Cry", but the odds of the child sleeping quietly through an entire night were always One In A Million.

Then one day when Miss O'Mine was tending to The Garden, the defendant Mr. Secher stared at her and thought to himself "You Could Be Mine". He thought of how she would look so Pretty Tied Up in her garden with no clothes, how the November Rain would make her body look So Fine. He viewed her garden as the Garden of Eden, and to him she was Eve.

Mr. Secher could have waited for the perfect moment to make his move, but he had no Patience. So he immediately approached her, and when she noticed his shadow she became startled. At first she thought it was her landlord, as she said "Is that you Mr. Brownstone?"

Andy replied, "No, that is the Shadow of Your Love".

To which Miss O'Mine replied "You're Crazy".

Mr. Secher then responded, "My Michelle, here I am. Your Rocket Queen. It's So Easy to Think About You, seeing you outside my window every day".

Miss O'Mine tried to run away, but Mr. Secher hit her over the head with a case of Dr. Pepper and she dropped faster than panties backstage after Yesterdays GNR concert. (I could come up with a dozen more "faster than" analogies, but that would be like beating a Dead Horse.)

After lapsing into a Coma, Michelle O'Mine soon found herself Knocking On Heaven's Door which led her to Paradise City.

And if anybody has a problem with my version of this case, Don't Damn Me. Just Back Off Bitch, because you're in My World now.

Andy Secher is GUILTY!!"

Mother of god

You were both excellent. Great job.

I'm sure Axl could've gotten out of it by intentionally booking a gig, but prob. did it out of curiosity and wanted to see what the case was about. Glad he did it so someone else didn't have to.

He may have received a prior notice to serve and postponed it to now because of the North American tour. I'm not certain how many times you can postpone in LA County, but other counties in California allow just a one-time postponement up to 90 days.

Jurors are allowed a one-time ninety (90) day postponement for hardships such as vacations, illness of self or a family member, out of town for vacation or business, child care problems, financial problems, work hardships, transportation problems, full time students and other various reasons.

I managed to track down a photo from the private jury court documents

xxsmh.jpg

I don't think he looks that out of place as I'm pretty sure that's Anthony Kiedis and Flea in the back row.

Clearly this photo is fake. Because hats are not allowed inside the courtroom.. :rofl-lol:

J/K.

I'm sure Axl could've gotten out of it by intentionally booking a gig, but prob. did it out of curiosity and wanted to see what the case was about. Glad he did it so someone else didn't have to.

He may have received a prior notice to serve and postponed it to now because of the North American tour. I'm not certain how many times you can postpone in LA County, but other counties in California allow just a one-time postponement up to 90 days.

Jurors are allowed a one-time ninety (90) day postponement for hardships such as vacations, illness of self or a family member, out of town for vacation or business, child care problems, financial problems, work hardships, transportation problems, full time students and other various reasons.

Celebs usually claim hardship reasons to get out of jury duty or court dates - "if I don't work, x amount of people won't be getting paid." I give credit to Axl for doing it so someone else who can't afford to take time off in a crap economy didn't have to. I think he enjoys the times when he can just be a private citizen and not have the rock star adulation thing going on. There's a time and a place for it, but not 24/7. Unfortunately, in a reality TV world, they would love to lose themselves in that kind of attention.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's been a student at Pepperdine during the "lost years". Duff got away with it - no one went to the press and went "guess who's in my class". Shakira went under an alias at UCLA and she's the one who talked about it after the fact. Seems like classmates are pretty respectful when they have a celeb in their midst. That Harry Potter chick goes full time, but I'm sure she has to draw the line at frat parties. Rivers Cuomo from Weezer went to an Ivy League school and he was just seen as an older student by his classmates. It seems like there's this protective wall that forms by the students.

He did cut his hair during the lost years

I knew people who went to Brown and they felt Emma Watson going was a little undeserving.

If you go to any Ivy Leagur school or any college in NY or CT you will be surprised how many famous people go there. This girl I work with went to UCONN and she had this huge crush on some baseball player and she ended up sharing an elevator with him.

Also if you live in LA, you can see a famous person anywhere. De Niro walking his dog. De Niro is the master of keeping a low profile. One time when my life was living and working in the city, Ethan Hawke tried to pick her up :rofl-lol:

Most people think they will go crazy and shit themselves but in most cases it is no big deal.

Edited by BirdCatcher