Axl Rose Performs His Civic Duty 01/13/12

gunsguy

Welcome to the legal jungle, baby!

A source tells PEOPLE that Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose has been serving jury duty on a civil trial in Santa Monica, Calif.

The rocker's rep confirms that Rose, 49, indeed has been performing his civic duty – having completed jury duty service on Tuesday "after serving four days of the trial process," says his rep.

"It was relatively painless," says Rose, who just completed a U.S. tour with his band last month. "I was fortunate that everyone in the courthouse and jurors were all really great, plus I got to see daylight from a different prospect."

Guns N' Roses will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April, along with other artists including the Beastie Boys and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20561264,00.html

I could see the judge commenting about Axl being on time and not standing in front of him this time around. I'm sure Axl could've gotten out of it by intentionally booking a gig, but prob. did it out of curiosity and wanted to see what the case was about. Glad he did it so someone else didn't have to.

Wonder if he had to sign autographs though. I'm sure one or two asked him and he was fine with it, but either got it out of the way at the beginning or asked him at the end of the trial.

Axl on jury duty! Wish they'd filmed it! Possibly the best reality show that will never be seen haha. But in all seriousness how can he serve on jury duty with his track record and arrests? I thought he was convicted of some of those when he was a kid and what about the St.Louis arrest and alll the somestic abuse trials! I've done jury duty and they don't want people with these kind of histories!

Axl on jury duty! Wish they'd filmed it! Possibly the best reality show that will never be seen haha. But in all seriousness how can he serve on jury duty with his track record and arrests? I thought he was convicted of some of those when he was a kid and what about the St.Louis arrest and alll the somestic abuse trials! I've done jury duty and they don't want people with these kind of histories!

Obviosly that did not affect him being on the Jury... domectic abuse trials? I thought those were only civil suits for $$ I could be wrong though

Obviosly that did not affect him being on the Jury... domectic abuse trials? I thought those were only civil suits for $$ I could be wrong though

My bad. I didn't know they were civil suits. I guess it's only convicted criminals that are not allowed to serve in the states. But that's cool that he did it. Gives him a diff perspective on things. It changed me that's for certain. Some of the issues involved were very difficult.

I think it was a civil suit too but its always been reported as a "domestic abuse case". As far as I know, no convictions were made instead there was a money settlement of $400K from Axl's side... idk, haven't looked into it that much...

Wow,that would have been awesome to have been on a jury with Axl. I served as a juror once. it was a boring fraud case. Not a big deal and it lasted a day and a half. Anyway, it was cool to be on a jury and see how the process goes.

Now I understand why it takes forever to do anything in court. The fraud case I was on last over 3 years and it was pretty much a slam dunk after we heard the story. There were 2 other cases in Cali that the plaintive had to buy up,so this was the same outcome. The guy sat there like he didn't even care about it. The defendent was the only one to make a statement, so we figured the other guy didn't give a shit if he had to shell out more money. It's just so stupid that he had to waste the court's time when he knew he'd have to pay up eventually.

I wonder what case Axl served on? He can talk about it once he's served his time as a juror. I wonder if the people involved in the case knew it was Axl Rose?

Anyway, it was cool that Axl served and didn't try some lame excuse to get out of it. Good for him.

"My client may have been drinking Nighttrain on the night in question, but if you think he committed this crime then You're Crazy. It's So Easy to see why he told me that he felt the cops were 'Out ta Get Me.' My client opted to Move to the City from Down on the Farm in hopes that this would become his very own Paradise City. He does not lead a Reckless Life, as he still keeps in touch with Mama Kin. My client does not believe that Anything Goes. He is simply one of the Nice Boys who deserves Better.

"Don't Cry for my client, yet know that he has been left feeling Estranged and even Scraped by these legal proceedings. 14 Years probation would be So Fine in this case, as he is Sorry for his actions. Don't judge my client based on his attire of Black Leather and whatever Attitude you feels as though he may have. Is he a Prostitute? No. Did he hide money from the IRS? No. Did he attempt to escape the country by fleeing to Madagascar? No. If the World has any justice, you will honor my client's request of 'Set Me Free.' Um, we'd like to remove that last line from the record. Surely one of you jury members can relate to what I'm saying." - Attorney desperately going for a hung jury and staring at Axl throughout his closing argument.

• Like 1

"My client may have been drinking Nighttrain on the night in question, but if you think he committed this crime then You're Crazy. It's So Easy to see why he told me that he felt the cops were 'Out ta Get Me.' My client opted to Move to the City from Down on the Farm in hopes that this would become his very own Paradise City. He does not lead a Reckless Life, as he still keeps in touch with Mama Kin. My client does not believe that Anything Goes. He is simply one of the Nice Boys who deserves Better.

"Don't Cry for my client, yet know that he has been left feeling Estranged and even Scraped by these legal proceedings. 14 Years probation would be So Fine in this case, as he is Sorry for his actions. Don't judge my client based on his attire of Black Leather and whatever Attitude you feels as though he may have. Is he a Prostitute? No. Did he hide money from the IRS? No. Did he attempt to escape the country by fleeing to Madagascar? No. If the World has any justice, you will honor my client's request of 'Set Me Free.' Um, we'd like to remove that last line from the record. Surely one of you jury members can relate to what I'm saying." - Attorney desperately going for a hung jury and staring at Axl throughout his closing argument.

LMAO!

+1 Well played!