What is wrong with US fans?

W. Adam S

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A rock n roll concert is supposed to jump around and sing along.

If you listen to Welcome to the jungle, Its so easy, You could be mine, Mr brownstown, Paradise city, etc, and you don't feel like moving or jump around...you have serious mental problems. :shrugs:

Our concert crowds In the U.S. are beyond lame, not only do we just stand there(actually, the concerts I attended, most people with seats just sat there) we give a very mild applause after a song, and the best part of It all Is,our crowds actually leave early. I don't mean 2-3 songs before the concert ends, I'm talking 4-5 songs Into the concert. Times sure are different, we weren't always this lame, I seen them In 1992 On the Use Your Illusions Tour In Pittsburgh(Three Rivers Stadium) and the place was rockin, so much so, that It felt like the entire section was going to collapse.

I live in South America and i hate our crowd u cant listen to the band properly and enjoy the show...i dont payed a ticket to hear an idiot next to me singing like a sheep!

i think the kids like that way...and its cool...

Same here. I want to hear Axl, not the whole crowd singing to every song.

On thing to remember is that a good percentage of the people at these shows today are total posers. A lot of them are just there to see Axl sing SCOM and Jungle have no clue about who is in the band etc. Which is fine, but not good for those of us who like to be crazy at a show. The Phoenix show was fvckin kick a$$ but pretty mellow crowd. I know I annoyed a few people who thought they were at a poison show. Another point is that a lot of fans that would totally rock out can't or won't pay $70 - $100 for a ticket. My first GNR show was in 1986 and it was $ 16.50 and I was in the front row. Rock music in general has changed and so have the live shows. I doubt we will ever recapture the aggressivenesss in the crowds that were once the standard, but I hope I'm wrong.

Got mixed feelings about this one....on one hand it's great to be among enthusiastic crowd, cheering, jumping & singing along to every other song, on the other hand it's annoying not to be able to watch & hear the show right with all the excitement going on... :confused:

Coming on to a fan forum that is hugely populated with American fans and insulting them is a real douchey thing to do. It makes you like like nothing more than a cupcake. Why do you give a shit how much fun others are having? As long as you enjoy it, why does it matter? For the record, the Phoenix crowd was really into the show. But it don't really matter.

Edited by fantomas

GNR is American. Many countries admire American spirit, that's why they jump around. Young Americans dont, that's why they dont.

The other reason is that the crowds in say S. America are mostly young. American fans are older, dont wanna jump around as much. Dont worry, we'll get our energy back in a couple years. But, we are overall more conservative, something we should realize instead of trying to fight.

It's because most Americans are obese and if they get too excited they will tire themselves out.

That coming from someone who has posted almost 3000 times in five months, I would assume you don't get off your ass too often.

Edited by fantomas

It's because most Americans are obese and if they get too excited they will tire themselves out.

That coming from someone who has posted almost 3000 times in five months, I would assume you don't get off your ass too often.

relax, he was obviously joking.

As long as the crowd's having a good time, that's all that matters, plus they played a bunch of US dates. But I think Ashba said there's a lot more younger faces at the Latin America shows, and GNR's played the US over the past decade, so it's not like the excitement of seeing him is there as much. Maybe the 2001-2002 shows were a lot more of that after being in hiding for so long.

I'd actually like to see GNR play more places where rock music was or is boycotted. Cuba would be an insane crowd. I don't think anyone's asked them to do a USO tour, but that would be a pretty good crowd. Political affiliation is irrelevant on those things, it doesn't mean you're pro or anti war, and no one can tell them not to do something like Civil War or Madagascar, or curtail the strong language. But they would have to play at a set time. We haven't really seen GNR do too much of those shows, and I think in coming years, it's probably going to happen.

I live in South America and i hate our crowd u cant listen to the band properly and enjoy the show...i dont payed a ticket to hear an idiot next to me singing like a sheep!

i think the kids like that way...and its cool...

Same here. I want to hear Axl, not the whole crowd singing to every song.

personally, I think there are songs for hear axl and apreciate the band.... and are songs for jump, sing, and rockin' like the last day of our lives...

A rock n roll concert is supposed to jump around and sing along.

If you listen to Welcome to the jungle, Its so easy, You could be mine, Mr brownstown, Paradise city, etc, and you don't feel like moving or jump around...you have serious mental problems. :shrugs:

:thumbsup:

Well, I'm an American fan and I didn't even make it to the show in Detroit. Couldn't justify the ticket price. Guess we suck :shrugs:

ha lame..it rocked

that's what i heard, my financial situation just wouldn't allow it. i've been barely getting by for the past 5 months, woe is me

Its okay I make up for it by not eating. Great way to stay in shape

Just watching the LA show from a few weeks ago. WTF is wrong with the US crowd?? Have you American boys and girls have forgotten how to party! They put on an amazing show, and the crowd just stands still for the whole show!! WTF?

I'm disgusted with the state of music in the United States in general. Rock and roll is dead here. It's still around, underground, away from mainstream. But kids don't know what the fuck rock and roll is. It's quite sad. They think Kanye West "rocks" and you have rappers rapping about how they're "rock stars." Look at LMFAO "Party rock"? Give me a fuckin' break.

Yes, then you go to these rock shows and everyone is just fucking standing there like a bunch of assholes.

I see the shows in South America where fans were singing the guitar riffs. Man, I'd kill to be at a show like that. It must be ELECTRIC in the middle of a crowd that's singing the fucking Gn'R solos.

"rock and roll never forgets"

No need to joke about It because It's the truth. This Is the fattest country on the planet.

Just watching the LA show from a few weeks ago. WTF is wrong with the US crowd?? Have you American boys and girls have forgotten how to party! They put on an amazing show, and the crowd just stands still for the whole show!! WTF?

It's not the early 90's. The kids who went nuts at those shows are now 40 years old...or nearly that age anyway lol. What do you expect?

No need to joke about It because It's the truth. This Is the fattest country on the planet.

Per capita...Australia has overtaken the US for a few years now. No shit.

I'm disgusted with the state of music in the United States in general. Rock and roll is dead here. It's still around, underground, away from mainstream. But kids don't know what the fuck rock and roll is. It's quite sad. They think Kanye West "rocks" and you have rappers rapping about how they're "rock stars." Look at LMFAO "Party rock"? Give me a fuckin' break.

Yes, then you go to these rock shows and everyone is just fucking standing there like a bunch of assholes.

I see the shows in South America where fans were singing the guitar riffs. Man, I'd kill to be at a show like that. It must be ELECTRIC in the middle of a crowd that's singing the fucking Gn'R solos.

"rock and roll never forgets"

But like you said, it's not dead...it's just underground. But is that anything new? Rock goes in waves, it always has. Do you think Sabbath were on the top of the charts in the mid 70's? Do you even KNOW what dominated mainstream music at that time? Punk was raging wild in the late 70's but it was no where on the radio or on the charts. Just because some of us have seen punk and rock dominate the radio (early 90's), doesn't mean it'll stay that way forever.

Rock is alive and well. It's thriving as it always has in the US. You just can't rely on the radio and the charts to find it right now.

Edited by Nintari

That's like EVERY LA crowd. No matter the band