Anybody afford tickets to the RRHOF ceremony?

PITBOSS

I was bummed out when I found out the Flats were gone. I think the Rock Hall is having it there because there's nothing to do in Cleveland except the Rock Hall. I also think the admission's included for people attending, or it's free for everyone that day.

I'll just watch it from home. Not going to go in hopes of seeing Axl and Slash on stage again, too long of a trip for something that's so questionable. It's 4 hours and just to go for a half hour made no sense to me... I've seen a lot of those celebrity heads in the audience before. Outside of McCartney, my bucket list is pretty full. I can see it being fun for some of you. If they ever do a confirmed show though, I'll be there.

It's usually broadcast on HBO but not live if I remember right. Maybe a week or two later?? I was going to go but couldn't get it worked out with my friends and didn't want to go solo.

IF (and thats a big if) there's something pseudo-official announced about anybody we all know and love getting on stage together I'm sure I'll find a way to make it work to get there. Just like everybody else on this site, probably.

It's usually broadcast on HBO but not live if I remember right. Maybe a week or two later?? I was going to go but couldn't get it worked out with my friends and didn't want to go solo.

IF (and thats a big if) there's something pseudo-official announced about anybody we all know and love getting on stage together I'm sure I'll find a way to make it work to get there. Just like everybody else on this site, probably.

It'll most likely be live if GnR reunite. I'd imagine Eddie will broadcast live (maybe, tape for sure) and MTV may be there. Kurt Loder (where is he now anyways)?

I had a computer and my phone going at 10am EST on the nose and there were no more seats available online and all I got was busy signals via phone. I got 2 tix for $400 each shortly after that in section 47 on Stubhub. Looks like those seats are going for around a grand now but could change as the event nears. Pretty sure its gonna be shown on HBO a few weeks after the actual event.

Palladia and VH1 Classic show the ceremony the week after the event usually. An abridged version though, they cut the (roughly) 4 hour ceremony down to 2 hours for TV, including commercial breaks. Each artist gets less than 10 minutes on the broadcast for intro video, inductor's speech, acceptance speech, and performance.

I think hbo bought the rights this year and plan to show it in May. I doubt anything other than clips will be available before that. Also, easy on Cleveland. There's lots to do downtown now and the city will be packed for that week like it was in 2009 when Metallica among others got in. Don't knock it til you've tried it.

I got a single ticket off eBay by offering a guy $300 outright. He was doing a standard auction.

Edited by billsguy

I think hbo bought the rights this year and plan to show it in May. I doubt anything other than clips will be available before that. Also, easy on Cleveland. There's lots to do downtown now and the city will be packed for that week like it was in 2009 when Metallica among others got in. Don't knock it til you've tried it.

I got a single ticket off eBay by offering a guy $300 outright. He was doing a standard auction.

I agree, for the amount of money HBO paid for exclusive broadcast rights I can't see them allowing anyone else to televise highlights - especially before HBO's broadcast.

You got a good deal for that single ticket, prices will skyrocket as the event draws near and a reunion becomes a near certainty.

I just hope it doesn't snow that weekend, that would suck.