Guns n Roses Dublin 02 17th may 2012

smelltheglove

Anyone else notice that there seems to be quite a lot of adverts on radio in the past week or so for this gig. Quite a few per day.Hope its not a sign that sales are not that great.

I don't know if the # of ads corresponds to sales so much as it does the kind advertising and promotional budget an event has. Anyway, the show is still, what, two months away? It's way too soon to draw any conclusions about how the event is going to sell right now.

Ali

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm flying over from Germany and am going to be there early (about 7.30).

It's difficult. I think people are assuming that he'll show up on time given what happened

last time. However he's shown up late to all the U.S. dates. I think he'll come on stage

about ten myself. His management may want good publicity and try and make him go

on stage on time. Axl, however, doesn't seem to like doing what people tell him.

I think he'll be late, but under and hour so. I think you'd have to assume that people will throw

stuff, but how he'll react is another story

I don't know... this year Axl seems to be on a "righting old wrongs" sort of thing. I mean, apologising for Vancouver and Philly? Booking another show in Dublin only two years after the disaster that it was? Its ballsy... Maybe he's finally getting some perspective...

But I guess how Dublin goes down will depend on the crowds attitude. If people start booing and hissing from the get go (and really it only takes a couple of idiots to get that started) then you can bet Axl, and the rest of the band, will be in a bad mood too. Also, how anxious Axl is playing this gig and whether or not he will be out dot on time (unlikely).

BTW: Do they have any openers for this gig?

Edited by KiraMPD

I can't wait for this gig and personally dont care what time they start at as i expect late starts. I really hope Axl interacts with the crowd. No matter how late they are as a band, if they interact, perform well and give punters what they paid for, there is no better gig to see that Guns live.

IMO Axl could have averted the pressure the last time in Dublin but saying a few words, cracking a joke or even blame someone else for being late Lol.

Remember some bloke got fucked out after Danko jones , an hour before Guns came on cos he was to drunk and causing trouble. Was really annoying at the time but felt sorry for him cos I spoke to him in the crowd when he sober earlier in the day where he and i were in the Q. The poor fucker travelled all the way from Galway to see the gig to be thrown out before Gubs set was even up. He had nothing better to do but drink between the Time he got in and before guns arrived and ended up hammered.

Another reason why guns need to consider their starting time LOL.

I admire Axl for coining back, really thought he would never come near Dublin again. That's balls

Edited by CivilWar07

Hopefully they mite bring in a well known support band if sales are very low.

Imagine Thin Lizzy or The Answer being added to the gig

Well, we seem to have nostradamus on these boards

I'm attending this show and it's been made all the more cooler to know that Thin Lizzy are opening. It's got to be 4tus's relationship with the band that made this come about, nice though.

Another thought that crossed my mind when I heard this was Axl's t shirt at The Ritz 88, must be cool for Axl to think back to that show and then to now.......when the band he had on his t shirt, are now opening for him. :)

Guest RonMexico82

MCD could have had a Thin Lizzy gig on its own. They are adding them to the GNR bill because ticket sales are slow and they are also blitzing the radio stations with ads. They must be worried.

MCD could have had a Thin Lizzy gig on its own. They are adding them to the GNR bill because ticket sales are slow and they are also blitzing the radio stations with ads. They must be worried.

And you know this for a fact?

Ali

Ali

Load of balls, there are more people talking about going to this one than any either of the last two Dublin gigs. 8 people that I know are going, non that are major guns fans.

I reakon there will be a lot of interest

Can anyone find out how ticket sales are doing...i hope it sells out and that GNR rock i was at the last gig and loved it..however the best guns gig i was at was in 2002 at docklands arena right up the front..amazing..rds was great..the last show was also even if people were angry ..i just want it to prove what this band are and thats a great band..i was and am a die hard original fan but to me gnr are axl, tommy,fotus, dj n dizzy...have a strange feeling about bumble dont now what but he is an awesome player..i prefered robin or bucket

Guest RonMexico82

Ali

Yes. Would you like me to put it in a letter for you.

Ali

Yes. Would you like me to put it in a letter for you.

I highly doubt you do given your stance on GN'R and the fact that you made your statement without any supporting information or even an indication of supporting information. Tell me this: If Thin Lizzy is being added to the bill to help sales, why are they supporting the ENTIRE UK tour?

Ali

Edited by Ali

I think it's really cool that Thin Lizzy are opening for Guns N' Roses.....I'll be going to a few of the UK shows too, so I'll see them a few times with GN'R. But I must admit that I am especially looking forward to this Dublin show, I hope that the irish crowd show GN'R the respect they deserve this time around. I went in 2010 also, and I was embarrased to be there when it got really bad.

I will be flying across from the UK again, and I hope this show is Better for both GN'R and the crowd this time round......I have a feeling it will be a superb show TBH. ;)

Guest RonMexico82

How about GNR showing the fans the respect they deserve this time around? They won't get respect if Axl treats them with contempt like he did last time. Ireland isn't Brazil.