Guns n Roses Dublin 02 17th may 2012

smelltheglove

Anyone having any luck getting tickets for seating sections C, D, or E. I only seem to get offered section A over and over again. Anyone know if any of the upper sections are any good?

Was in G last time and was side on to the stage,not that great.But I did see every bloody bottle clear as day.

Getting too old for standing,hitting 40th in a couple of months,haha!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone having any luck getting tickets for seating sections C, D, or E. I only seem to get offered section A over and over again. Anyone know if any of the upper sections are any good?

Was in G last time and was side on to the stage,not that great.But I did see every bloody bottle clear as day.

Hey I was trying to book this show this morn as well and I keep getting the same problem but it's Block G over and over now! Did you book or are you still looking? Is it better to ring customer service do you or anyone know?!

has anyone here been to Dublin O2 before? Does anyone know if any of the upper sections would be any good like Block L which is straight on with the stage and would that be better than Block G dearer ticket? I know it's not "better" in that it's further back but when seeing GNR is side stage nearer better against further back straight on stage? That's what I'm trying to say haha. Thanks!

Edited by Janis

The O2 is not that big really. I'd say you would be better at the side if on the lower level than straight in line with the stage but higher up. I dunno if that helps but I don't have the layout and block numbers to hand. You'll have an ok view anywhere but I'd go with whatever seats have you lower down.

One thing to note with GNR is that they really use the full stage so I wouldn't worry about being at the side. They know how to work it!

Edited by NEU-YORK

The O2 is not that big really. I'd say you would be better at the side if on the lower level than straight in line with the stage but higher up. I dunno if that helps but I don't have the layout and block numbers to hand. You'll have an ok view anywhere but I'd go with whatever seats have you lower down.

That really helped! Thanks.

Damn I didn't see this before I posted my own thread! Ah well it's worthy of a quote here.

I posted this on GnFnR already but I'm sure most of the names are recognisable so it's relevant here too and I'm sure the mods won't mind.

So who’s planning on going to the Dublin show to throw bottles of piss see Axl’s triumph/last stand (delete as applicable)?

Just got tickets this morning along with Satanisk Slakt and Sleeping Like An Angel and so far we’re also expecting to get Conor, Graeme and Nightrain on the list of attendees. We’re booking an apartment in Dublin for us all to crash at and planning on making a good couple of days of it starting early on the Thursday and leaving Saturday afternoon.

So anybody else that I’ve missed from the area who’s going and fancies hooking up with us for a few beers before the show? Think it would be awesome to get as many involved as possible especially since we’ve managed to coax the Viking away from Sweden much against his better judgement! :lol:

Currently we're travelling from Scotland, England, Northern and Southern Ireland and Sweden and it's gonna be the first time any of us have met so don't be shy if you want to join in anybody. I think it's going to be an awesome couple of days and the more the merrier as far as we're concerned! :D

Hey I was trying to book this show this morn as well and I keep getting the same problem but it's Block G over and over now! Did you book or are you still looking? Is it better to ring customer service do you or anyone know?!

Tried the telephone booking system,which I thought may be better.It's and automated system and not an operator. Guess what I was offered,you guessed it Block G. Anyone any ideas how to get more central lower tier tickets?

Would the best option be to ring around ticketmaster agents, like music stores etc.. ?

Or maybe wait for unsold tickets to be returned,which I guess ticketmaster will try to sell via their website?

I think I read here someone got C tickets on the presale. I got my friend to try this for me too and again is was A + G over and over.

I kept getting block G as well. I'm in Germany so had to get my Irish friend to go

in to ticketmaster outlet in Ireland to get tickets. When he went in person he got

offered different block (L or A). The sales person said that most of the seated tickets

are now sold out, apart from the less desirable seats. We went with L because you face straight

on to the stage.

I kept getting block G as well. I'm in Germany so had to get my Irish friend to go

in to ticketmaster outlet in Ireland to get tickets. When he went in person he got

offered different block (L or A). The sales person said that most of the seated tickets

are now sold out, apart from the less desirable seats. We went with L because you face straight

on to the stage.

I rang the local ticket agent Today also. Best they had were A, G, or L. I think I might go for L, row 34 which I think is the second row.

Anyone have any thoughts on that section. I guess it will be better than lower tier A or G?

Thanks Guys

on to the stage.

I rang the local ticket agent Today also. Best they had were A, G, or L. I think I might go for L, row 34 which I think is the second row.

Anyone have any thoughts on that section. I guess it will be better than lower tier A or G?

Thanks Guys

From what I'd see I'd go with L. You're further back than D (Ds's the best) but you'll still have a good view and will face the stage.

A or G you'll be facing the side of the stage and won't have the best view.

I mean L is not 'brilliant' (D, E, or C are the best) but it's the best of what's left.

I'm surprised it's sold out so quickly acutally

on to the stage.

Thanks Guys

From what I'd see I'd go with L. You're further back than D (Ds's the best) but you'll still have a good view and will face the stage.

A or G you'll be facing the side of the stage and won't have the best view.

I mean L is not 'brilliant' (D, E, or C are the best) but it's the best of what's left.

I'm surprised it's sold out so quickly acutally

thanks for the reply.i think i'll go with that section.also surprised it sold so quick.guess the people that went to belfast are heading down.seems to be quite a few flying in for it too.then i suppose you have the crowd that sat it out last tine, which i reckon was about 40%. can't wait.

Edited by no1gooner

On the presale I managed to get E tickets.

Love to be on the Floor but I like lose my wee daughter......She actually a bigger Fan then me and she prefers the old GnR rather then the new...wants to read Slash's biography but I'm trying to keep her on the Harry Potters (But Christ they grow up Fast)

Edited by Jfrost

On the presale I managed to get E tickets.

Love to be on the Floor but I like lose my wee daughter......She actually a bigger Fan then me and she prefers the old GnR rather then the new...wants to read Slash's biography but I'm trying to keep her on the Harry Potters (But Christ they grow up Fast)

Last time I brought my son (8 at the time), so went for seats. we were there from after 8pm, so by the time they had played the first few songs he was ready for bed. luckily my wife was up with us and staying in the Gibson hotel next door, so she picked him up and I headed back in. I think on top of the tiredness he got a bit frightened by all the booing and s**t. So I'd advise that you don't go in too early. But anyway hopefully we will either get an expected start time this time around or at the very least MCD will let us know in advance that there will be no curfew and that the car parks will stay open. If I remember rightly the o2 in London did something like this just after the Dublin show, where they had signs up everywhere saying that they would stay open till after the concert and that there would be late transport. I'm staying in the Gibson again, so don't mind too much. But I know it was a problem for some last time. So come on GNR & MCD, please get together and either state the start time or at let us all know it if it's a late start that there will be no curfew or car park closure. A few simple steps will allay all concerns and make for a more enjoyable night for all fans.

BTW some hotel booking sites have the Gibson fully booked or at €250 a night. I got a room only for €88 there this evening with roomex.

Last time I brought my son (8 at the time), so went for seats. we were there from after 8pm, so by the time they had played the first few songs he was ready for bed. luckily my wife was up with us and staying in the Gibson hotel next door, so she picked him up and I headed back in. I think on top of the tiredness he got a bit frightened by all the booing and s**t. So I'd advise that you don't go in too early. But anyway hopefully we will either get an expected start time this time around or at the very least MCD will let us know in advance that there will be no curfew and that the car parks will stay open. If I remember rightly the o2 in London did something like this just after the Dublin show, where they had signs up everywhere saying that they would stay open till after the concert and that there would be late transport. I'm staying in the Gibson again, so don't mind too much. But I know it was a problem for some last time. So come on GNR & MCD, please get together and either state the start time or at let us all know it if it's a late start that there will be no curfew or car park closure. A few simple steps will allay all concerns and make for a more enjoyable night for all fans.

BTW some hotel booking sites have the Gibson fully booked or at €250 a night. I got a room only for €88 there this evening with roomex.

Thanks for the heads up.

My daughter is just 10 and mad in to her music and already well used to going to gigs.

GnR have been a favourite since she was 5, had to change the lyrics for Welcome To The Jungle, when she want to sing it way back then.

But she has been to the O2 a few times for everything from Beyonce to Dolly and from Kylie to Bob Dylan.

Sleep was only a problem at Dolly Parton, but it's not eveyrday you see that sort of legend.

Thanks for the hotel advice but I'm thinking of heading home after and once you get outta the car-park the traffic moves along, shouldn't take to long to get back down the country.

But I've a funny feeling she'll not be a school next day!!!

Thanks for the heads up.

My daughter is just 10 and mad in to her music and already well used to going to gigs.

GnR have been a favourite since she was 5, had to change the lyrics for Welcome To The Jungle, when she want to sing it way back then.

But she has been to the O2 a few times for everything from Beyonce to Dolly and from Kylie to Bob Dylan.

Sleep was only a problem at Dolly Parton, but it's not eveyrday you see that sort of legend.

Thanks for the hotel advice but I'm thinking of heading home after and once you get outta the car-park the traffic moves along, shouldn't take to long to get back down the country.

But I've a funny feeling she'll not be a school next day!!!

Great to hear of young fans going. My lad has been into them since he was 7, so a late starter. He will be missing this one, doesn't suit with school, as we have to travel down from Donegal. He has his order in for t-shirt though. Hope you both enjoy the night. I think it will be a cracker, will more than make up for any shortfalls last time.

Door's are 6:30, so I'm guessing about 8pm for the support act (whoever that may be) to come on? I'm only wondering as my exams are during this period so I'm hoping I dont have a late exam on the day, or an early exam the next day. Still going either way, it'd just be handier :D

Last time out may have been a blessing in disguise, the people who caused all the trouble last time probably wont go anywhere near it this time, meaning a good crowd of people who arent expecting the AFD lineup and instead are there for the right reasons and know what to expect. Hoping it'll be a combination of 2006 and 2010. 2006 was trouble free and on time, 2010 had a much better sound. Also hoping the poxy luas will still be running afterwards. <_<

• 3 weeks later...

Was a bit on Newstalk radio this morning about Electric Picnic lineup and how Oxygen is taking a year off and Slane looks unlikely this year. They made the point that the large weekend festival events were not selling out, but that smaller concerts were selling well. Anyway they listed a number of sold out concerts for this year and Guns N Roses was one!

Edited by no1gooner