Guns n Roses Dublin 02 17th may 2012

smelltheglove

Oh please drop that real fans bullshit.

Why? I'd rather a show full of real fans who know the band members and the latest album songs than some drunks who came in to hear the greatest hits.

I'm Irish by the way and I was the last O2 gig and will be at the next one.

Glad to hear it Neu York!

If,per chance you see someone with a bottle that they are trying to turn into a projectile,you know what to do. :)

Damn right I do!

Oh please drop that real fans bullshit.

Why? I'd rather a show full of real fans who know the band members and the latest album songs than some drunks who came in to hear the greatest hits.

I'm Irish by the way and I was the last O2 gig and will be at the next one.

So was I and plenty of real fans got burned by Axl and MCD that night/ No thanks.

So you were a real fan once but you're not any more. That's fine. It's your choice. I've no problem with that. So, you'll be sitting at home on the night of the gig typing on this forum and secretly hoping it goes pear shaped?

Either way, how's about not letting this thread turn negative and lets focus on the positive fact that GNR are coming rockin!!!

If the fucking' Idiots had'nt gotten the mistaken idea that A Band is a Target it would not have been so chaotic,the Crowd was clearly warned and didn't listen.

Let's stay positive,this is good news to most fans :thumbsup:

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If,per chance you see someone with a bottle that they are trying to turn into a projectile,you know what to do

Well i bet all the lads in Dublin are just pooing themselves now :lol:

I'm gonna be at this show so I'll do you proud Lenny me old china! Colostomy bag at the ready!!! :lol:

This is RonMexicos post from today on a public Irish forum:

I won't be going nor would I recommend this gig to ANYONE after the farce last year. Only a pervert could enjoy being treated like cattle at the o2, herded into an arena to endure a prolonged wait for Axl Rose to piss all over you.

post #171 http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056397593&page=12

What are you even doing here?

Get a life and move on.

Guest Len B'stard

I won't be going nor would I recommend this gig to ANYONE after the farce last year. Only a pervert could enjoy being treated like cattle at the o2, herded into an arena to endure a prolonged wait for Axl Rose to piss all over you.

Get a life and move on.

Same thing you're doing, giving his opinion ;) In fact, the same thing everyones doing :huh:

Edited by sugaraylen

I've waited 7 hours for Axl to show up and didn't cry about it because the show was well worth it.

There were some cunts in the audience ( throwing shit at Murderdolls, one fat fuck with a "Where is Slash" shirt, and another starting fights ) but they were smart enough not to ruin the show once it started.

I understand your frustration but the truth is that you were at one of the two shows from 2010-2011 that didn't go as planned. Sorry for you but maybe it's time to realize it's not so bad usually.

Edited by The Glow Inc.

Get a life and move on.

To be fair he's got a point and you don't have to bend over and grab your ankles to be considered a real fan. I'm actually going to this show as well!

Get a life and move on.

To be fair he's got a point and you don't have to bend over and grab your ankles to be considered a real fan. I'm actually going to this show as well!

My point is that a member of this GNR fan forum is trying to put people off going to a GNR show in a public forum. Some fans we have eh?

Who said anything about grabbing ankles?

Guest Len B'stard

Get a life and move on.

My point is that a member of this GNR fan forum is trying to put people off going to a GNR show in a public forum. Some fans we have eh?

Who said anything about grabbing ankles?

So basically, lets all have the same opinion or not at all? Bollocks to that, he has a grievance and if he has one he's free to air it otherwise this place is just a cocksuck. Different strokes and all that.

Hope they do Belfast as well. Saying as it was the gig that went well on the last Irish leg, I imagine it had a lot to do with them coming back.

Yeah the Belfsat show was amazing. I'd be very surprised if they went back to Dublin and not Belfast too. Still in shock they're coming back to Dublin to be honest.

Okay, can we please let this go? Lets not turn this into a "lets piss on the band/Axl for daring to do another gig in Dublin, ooo how dare they!" thread. If your not gonna go to avoid potential disappointment, fair enough. I personally hope fans still turn up and that it turns out to be a good night without late starts, tantrums and/or bottle throwing and everyone has a good time.

Lets also not call out people like RonMexico82 for expressing their stand on things because doing so will only lead to unnecessary arguments and tbh, this is an forum so he/she has every right to express their opinion. By all means lets discuss/joke though!

I won't be able to attend this but keeping my fingers crossed for dates in UK to be announced. Hoping for another Leeds-fest is far-fetched but it would be super convenient for me since its nearest to where I live now.

Edited by KiraMPD

So basically, lets all have the same opinion or not at all? Bollocks to that, he has a grievance and if he has one he's free to air it otherwise this place is just a cocksuck. Different strokes and all that.

What are you on about? I'm not here to argue with you. Express away.....

Can I point out that RonMexico is the one who started quoting me originally? Please read this thread from the start.

I only posted in the thread to say it was great news and that I was shocked they were coming back but I'd rather a show with real fans who knew the band members and new songs etc rather than the greatest hits only fans.

My original post:

Excellent!! Hard to see the ticket sales going too well with all the negative publicity from the last show though? It really was national news and the largest social forum in Ireland was moaning about it for months with people taking legal action against the promoters for refunds.

Saying that though, I don't care if it's only half full and the REAL fans are there.

Edited by NEU-YORK

http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/gnr-to-return-to-ireland-in-may-537524.html

Doesn't seem like too many people are thrilled judging by the comments...

Sorry if this was already posted.

Yep. It's really strange that they're coming back to Dublin. The Belfast show went so well so it would have been logical to go there again and then anyone from down the south could still go there :shrugs:

I can't see the tickets selling well. Hopefully there's enough of us interested so that the show goes ahead.

Guest Len B'stard
Lets also not call out people like RonMexico82 for expressing their stand on things because doing so will only lead to unnecessary arguments and tbh, this is an forum so he/she has every right to express their opinion.

This.

Maybe they wanna play Dublin again to give the show they wanted to give last time? Obviously neither the band or the fans were happy with the show so maybe it's kind of a do-over if you will.

Either way I hope this Dublin date and the Milan date means there'll be more European dates, hopefully some close enough to me so I'll be able to go!

Lets also not call out people like RonMexico82 for expressing their stand on things because doing so will only lead to unnecessary arguments and tbh, this is an forum so he/she has every right to express their opinion.

This.

Fuck it. I don't apologise for calling him out. He's a poster here in a FAN forum and on a PUBLIC Irish forum he's posting replies like

Boycott this gig.

The Irish are already extremely negative towards GNR (and rightly so I suppose). He's entitled to his opinion. I get that. That's fine. But if just pisses me off that someone who is posting on a fan forum is publically trying to add to the mob mentality of "avoid this gig". The public reaction to the last GNR gig in Dublin was huge. It was on the main evening national news and main radio stations. There was uproar over the last gig. Rightly so? That's everyone's own opinion.

But I want this gig to go ahead and I don't want it ruined by poor ticket sales.

It's one thing to argue in house but aren't we all here because we're fans of some sort? Anyone who tries to sabotage the band on a public forum is NOT A FAN and should not be posting here.

Edited by NEU-YORK