Guns n Roses Dublin 02 17th may 2012

smelltheglove

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard
Lets also not call out people like RonMexico82 for expressing their stand on things because doing so will only lead to unnecessary arguments and tbh, this is an forum so he/she has every right to express their opinion.

This.

Fuck it. I don't apologise for calling him out. He's a poster here in a FAN forum and on a PUBLIC Irish forum he's posting replies like

Boycott this gig.

The Irish are already extremely negative towards GNR (and rightly so I suppose). He's entitled to his opinion. I get that. That's fine. But if just pisses me off that someone who is posting on a fan forum is publically trying to add to the mob mentality of "avoid this gig". The public reaction to the last GNR gig in Dublin was huge. It was on the main evening national news and main radio stations. There was uproar over the last gig. Rightly so? That's everyone's own opinion.

But I want this gig to go ahead and I don't want it ruined by poor ticket sales.

It's one thing to argue in house but aren't we all here because we're fans of some sort? Anyone who tries to sabotage the band on a public forum is NOT A FAN and should not be posting here.

Whatever man, was just making a point, don't really wanna have a debate about it, i don't really care that much :shrugs:

Lets also not call out people like RonMexico82 for expressing their stand on things because doing so will only lead to unnecessary arguments and tbh, this is an forum so he/she has every right to express their opinion.

This.

Fuck it. I don't apologise for calling him out. He's a poster here in a FAN forum and on a PUBLIC Irish forum he's posting replies like

Boycott this gig.

The Irish are already extremely negative towards GNR (and rightly so I suppose). He's entitled to his opinion. I get that. That's fine. But if just pisses me off that someone who is posting on a fan forum is publically trying to add to the mob mentality of "avoid this gig". The public reaction to the last GNR gig in Dublin was huge. It was on the main evening national news and main radio stations. There was uproar over the last gig. Rightly so? That's everyone's own opinion.

But I want this gig to go ahead and I don't want it ruined by poor ticket sales.

It's one thing to argue in house but aren't we all here because we're fans of some sort? Anyone who tries to sabotage the band on a public forum is NOT A FAN and should not be posting here.

Agreed 100%.

Ali

Yes, this is a forum. But it's still a Guns N' Roses forum. Really, if people are so bitter about the band to the point to not recommend attend to a show, what's the point to even post here?

Some people not only agree with him but also fight to defend him. I sincerely cant understand several users on this forum and more importantly I cant understand why they dont get banned. Its obvious who's here to cupcake and be negative...we all know who they are.

Yes, this is a forum. But it's still a Guns N' Roses forum. Really, if people are so bitter about the band to the point to not recommend attend to a show, what's the point to even post here?

Some people not only agree with him but also fight to defend him. I sincerely cant understand several users on this forum and more importantly I cant understand why they dont get banned. Its obvious who's here to cupcake and be negative...we all know who they are.

True

Isn't anyone here that believes that Dublin fans getting mad over GnR going 40 minutes late is just idiotic? Come on! It was like a rule for GnR to go 2 hours late, then magically it turned to an hour and they complain for 40 freaking minutes... Why did they think it would be any different? You ain't special Dublin!

I Support this train of thought,Fuck the negative toxic people and their piss-poor attitudes.

So far it seems to be

Ireland: May 17

France: June 5-June 19

Italy: June 22 (prob a few more dates here too)

Sonisphere is July 8-10 if they have the intention of doing that. So either the UK dates will be squeezed inbetween Ireland and France or scattered around early July.

So far it seems to be

Sonisphere is July 8-10 if they have the intention of doing that. So either the UK dates will be squeezed inbetween Ireland and France or scattered around early July.

I'm thinking about more dates in May also ?

So far it seems to be

I'm thinking about more dates in May also ?

Yup. Lets presume that they don't play Sonisphere then my best guess would be something like

Ireland- May 17

UK- May 18-May 28 (prob Manchester, London x2, Birmingham)

Holland/Belgium- May 30-June 3

France- June 5-June 19

Italy- June 22+

Then Spain/Portugal, Germany, Eastern Europe and Scandanavia thru July/early August.

Depends on if they play Sonisphere though because that'd probably jiggle the scheduling a little. If I'm not mistaken, Sonisphere is a European-wide festival? So they'd have play elsewhere too? Also, depends on how much the Olympics will affect touring the UK. I'd imagine they'd want to avoid playing in London at the same time because there'll be big transport problems for TfL

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

The show was stellar in Belfast; GN'R's going back to Dublin for unfinished business. Hope the fans (I'll be in attendance) can sustain its will and thus be able to witness a show akin to three hours north.

If they're at Sonisphere and Van Halen are there as well, I'll go. Money's tighter than it was last time around so if its just arena dates in the UK may have to give it a miss.

Edit: what the hell was I thinking, sod the expense this is Guns N' fuckin' Roses!

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91

Taking the bad Pr by the horns and turning around the negativity by giving a stellar show to tightenup their fan base wereever they need to for a new release is benificial at this time.Some new material would really boost this give and you shall recieve .look forward to seeing them again ,keep rocking boys

Fuck Yeah. This is just what I was hoping for,although I thought I would have to leave Ireland to see them live anytime soon. I'm on holiday for a week before to celebrate my 40th and fly back into Dublin the day before the concert so will just stay down there for this one. Have been to them every time they have come to Ireland, some great memories. Was a bit disapointed how things turned out last time, but I sat it out in the o2, so was there to the end and enjoyed myself. Sure it could have been better, but hey every night you get to see them live is a great night. I guess even though GNR and MCD fell out that night, they must have sorted things out.I guess GNR got paid and the promoter made a profit. Here's to a great night in May!

Oh and must remember to go to bed early the night before,so as I can stay up past my bedtime that night. It's not easy when you get older,haha!

Here's hoping they air some new tracks from the next album. If not I'm sure we will get Estranged, hopefully Catcher too!

Edited by no1gooner

Couldnt believe this when I heard it today. I was at all Ireland gigs in the past will be at all gigs in the future. Many people in my job who "didnt" go the last one want to go to this and will be buying tickets.

I think GNR want to set the record staright and throw a great night. Fair fucks to them I say

GNR - Still the best band in the world

here is for hoping he gets out on stage on time really don't want a repeat of 2012

So with the bad gig they did, were they not able to pinpoint the "throwers" and get rid of them? It does seem unfair that the whole audience is deprived of a good show just because of a few - bit like at school when the whole class is kept in after hours for one idiot nobody wants to dob in. :fuckyou: