Guns n Roses Dublin 02 17th may 2012

smelltheglove

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bring on a birmingham date

Indeed ! And more UK dates!

Went to Birmingham, Manchester & Leeds last time around. Can't wait for round 2.

I want a new album as well, but people assume that because theyre touring, it won't happen.

Maybe they need the money, maybe they need the momentum. Whatever it is, I'm just glad they're doing something.

Some people forget the silence..

I'm sure this will be a very intersting show.

Me too, according to this ;):

GUNS N' ROSES Attempting Return To Dublin Less Than Two Years After O2 Arena Fiasco - Jan. 27, 2012

GUNS N' ROSES has is beginning to roll out dates for its upcoming late spring/early summer European tour. So far the following two shows have been confirmed:

May 17 - O2 Arena - Dublin, Ireland

Jun. 22 - Gods Of Metal - Milan, Italy

Tickets for the Dublin concert go on sale next Friday, February 3.

The band last played in Ireland in 2010 with sell-out concerts at The Odyssey Arena in Belfast and in Dublin.

The band's September 1, 2010 concert in Dublin was notable as it saw the band walking off the stage just 22 minutes into its set — after keeping fans waiting for well over an hour for the group to begin playing — because plastic glasses had been thrown at them.

GUNS N' ROSES returned to the stage around 30 minutes later and finished their set.

According to Unreality TV, Paddy Power — which is said to be Europe's largest bookmaker — is betting GUNS N' ROSES lead singer Axl Rose, who is notorious for being late, may not make it back to a Dublin concert stage. The betting odds are 9/2 that the band cancels the date and 10/1 that the band is forced to cancel its Irish gig due to a lack of ticket sales.

If the show does go ahead, the betting odds are 3/1 that Axl enters the stage at the scheduled start time, 9/2 he's up to fifteen minutes late, and just 2/1 that the audience are left waiting for more than an hour.

Sharon McHugh, spokesperson for Paddy Power, told Unreality TV, "The fans didn’t take too kindly to Axl's diva-like attitude last time he was in Dublin and rightly so. We just hope he has more sense this time around and that he'll actually show up on time!"

GUNS N ROSES Specials

* 4/1 Axl Rose to cut the set short by storming offstage

* 9/2 GN'R to cancel gig and not reschedule before end of 2013

* 10/1 GN'R to have to cancel gig due to lack of sales

How late will Axl Rose walk on stage?

* 3/1 On time

* 9/2 1 to 15 minutes late

* 3/1 16 to 30 minutes late

* 9/2 31 to 45 minutes late

* 5/1 46 to 60 minutes late

* 2/1 More than one hour late

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=168857

bring on a birmingham date

Indeed ! And more UK dates!

Went to Birmingham, Manchester & Leeds last time around. Can't wait for round 2.

I want a new album as well, but people assume that because theyre touring, it won't happen.

Maybe they need the money, maybe they need the momentum. Whatever it is, I'm just glad they're doing something.

Some people forget the silence..

Indeed! Waited four long years to see them in 2010 after it turned out I couldn't make the Wembley show in 2006 :(

Birmingham was awesome last time around, may go there or London however wouldn't be surprised if they're doing Sonisphere - guess we'll know pretty soon.

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91

No offense, but I still cant understand how can some people think its normal to throw bottles at the artist you paid for watching. And then, after a warning, throw again.

Guns N' Roses,back with a vengeance :devil:

I'm already e-ticketed with a flight,am ready to bottle the bottlers. B)

No offense, but I still cant understand how can some people think its normal to throw bottles at the artist you paid for watching. And then, after a warning, throw again.

Guns N' Roses,back with a vengeance :devil:

I'm already e-ticketed with a flight,am ready to bottle the bottlers. B)

rock3 Oh hell yeah!!

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Axl should at least apologize for last time, show up somewhat on time, and give it their all.

Apologise for giving the audience an official warning regarding the launch of objects at the stage, going offstage then returning and playing a set?

That in itself wasn't Axl fashion. The fact is Axl's going back to Dublin on "unfinished business" and that, considering last time, takes a tremendous amount of guts.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

What I believe this is, is an "open rehearsal" show like those in South East Asia in late 2009 before the World Tour. Which means an extensive setlist and perhaps new songs as reports from The Times suggest.

They should give them a free show to make up for last time. Just saying.

Axl should at least apologize for last time, show up somewhat on time, and give it their all.

Hell no! That would be the inverted world.

He and the band are the ones who have to get apologies from the Irish (the 'bad' ones ofcourse ;))

Exactly!