Conspiracy against GNR in the music business

volcano62

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GNR doesn't have to work in a traditional CD format. This could turn out to be interesting, but I'd like to see them release a song at a time so there's always something new and fresh. If AFD didn't have the restriction of vinyl, it prob. would've had 3 or 4 more songs on it.

I just don't get the delusion that Axl Rose is still Axl Rose. He's playing gigs in front of 7,000 people with empty seats scattered about. If he were with Slash he'd be playing to 70,000 with zero empty seats. That's simply a fact. He doesn't want to play with Slash and that's fine, but he's missing out...on a lot. He won't sacrifice his pride for that and that's ok, but we are all aware of the side effects of him keeping said pride in tact.

I'm here because I love the music, but cannot understand why people haven't come to grips with the reality that Axl Rose, from a fan's perspective, has made some very poor choices and blames everyone else in the world except himself.

What if you were to find out that Axl was suicidal (not saying that he is but I'd bet that he was). Perhaps the scars are much deeper that you think and in fact the "poor" choices that he's made have kept him alive to this day.

I just don't get the delusion that Axl Rose is still Axl Rose. He's playing gigs in front of 7,000 people with empty seats scattered about. If he were with Slash he'd be playing to 70,000 with zero empty seats. That's simply a fact. He doesn't want to play with Slash and that's fine, but he's missing out...on a lot. He won't sacrifice his pride for that and that's ok, but we are all aware of the side effects of him keeping said pride in tact.

I'm here because I love the music, but cannot understand why people haven't come to grips with the reality that Axl Rose, from a fan's perspective, has made some very poor choices and blames everyone else in the world except himself.

I agree that Axl could have had a way more epic standing today but I disagree that he would have only achieved that by sticking with Slash. From what I understand Axl was sought after in his own right back in the 90s (even up until early 2000s). If he has played his cards right he could have been bigger than Slash.

But the fact is he didn't and he must have his own reasons for going about things the way he has. I haven't lived his life and I certainly don't know him so I can only speculate his potential from the few facts that I know off. It could be that certain things (personal/business) got in the way or perhaps he just never thought of going about things in a different manner...?

Whatever it may be, that is all in the past. Atm everyone should be more focused on possible future endeavors...

Theres was no Best Buy/Walmart problem in the rest of the world. Here in Germany Black Ice did ver very well. Chinese didn´t but it sill sold ok. It only sold 3 millions because:

1. Slash is gone. He was nearly as popular as Axl and many people want him to be in the band.

2. Axl isn´t as good lookin as in the 90´s. The teenagers of the youth of today don´t buy Albums of 45 year old musicans. The adults who found him sexy in he 80ties are gone because they weren´t die hard fans.

3. Almost no promo: no videos, tv shows, fotos, inetviews...

4. Hard Rock isn´t huge these days and Metal/ Hard Rock Fans want the same shit as back in the days over and over again. See: Metallica, ACDC, Mororhead, Maiden, Priest. The want no Industrial, Orchestrapomp and samples.

5. Bad Press about Axl´s habits.

6. Chinese has NO radio friendly single and way too experimantel to be a huge sucsess. . Black Ice: Same as ever. Death Magnetic: Back to the roots.

7. Chinese isn´t as good as Appetite and Illusion Hits

It is as simple as that.

But I´m fine with it. Still love the Album and enjoying Livegigs.

He was the biggest in 1992. Now he´s comin´in at number 50.

I can live wth it and I think Axl is fine with it ,too.

Why can´t you ?