Rolling Stone's Front Page "Guns N Roses Play Epic New York Show"

Lose Your Illusions

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/guns-n-roses-kick-off-2012-tour-with-epic-new-york-club-show-20120211

As the crowd inched towards the exit, "My Way" blasted from the P.A. I'm not sure if this was an Axl selection, but it made perfect sense. He's always been a man that has done things his way, regardless of what anyone else thinks. In two months he's getting inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Regardless of what happens at the ceremony regarding a reunion, it'll certainly all go down precisely his way. That's the only way he's ever operated.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/guns-n-roses-kick-off-2012-tour-with-epic-new-york-club-show-20120211#ixzz1m8HcydyD

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/guns-n-roses-kick-off-2012-tour-with-epic-new-york-club-show-20120211

As the crowd inched towards the exit, "My Way" blasted from the P.A. I'm not sure if this was an Axl selection, but it made perfect sense. He's always been a man that has done things his way, regardless of what anyone else thinks. In two months he's getting inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Regardless of what happens at the ceremony regarding a reunion, it'll certainly all go down precisely his way. That's the only way he's ever operated.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/guns-n-roses-kick-off-2012-tour-with-epic-new-york-club-show-20120211#ixzz1m8HcydyD

What was epic about it?

Darwina-balvas-1-dala-2.jpg

What was epic about it?

Darwina-balvas-1-dala-2.jpg

And another.

What was epic about it?

You're a moron.

It was a really good show, EPIC is stretching. 2 quotes taken from the RS review stuck out to me:

"It couldn't be easy being in this band. Every single member must be painfully aware that the vast majority of the audience wish that other people were playing their instruments. That said, they do an incredible job - even if takes three guitarists to do what Slash and Izzy used to do."

"Weird as it may seem, some of these guys have been in the band far longer than the original line-up. That makes it pretty hard to call them a glorified cover band."

What was epic about it?

You're a moron.

why is he a moron?

I'm curious as to why it was an "epic" show?

What was epic about it?

You're a moron.

why is he a moron?

Same here. It was as good as any other GnR show. Wait - Axls voice needs two other months to get in shape and from there he might have a great night vocally or not. Sure the other guys made the show worth though - even if it was up for them to choose the setlist we would have a true epic show.

What was epic about it?

You're a moron.

why is he a moron?

Read the review. He explains why he feels that way.

Ali

lol, someone asks why it was epic and gets crucified. If GNR played a nine year olds birthday party this board would demand it be seen as an "epic" show. I'm not saying the Roseland show wasn't amazing, I wish I could've gone, but I ask the same question...did something amazing happen at the show that made it "epic"?

lol, someone asks why it was epic and gets crucified. If GNR played a nine year olds birthday party this board would demand it be seen as an "epic" show. I'm not saying the Roseland show wasn't amazing, I wish I could've gone, but I ask the same question...did something amazing happen at the show that made it "epic"?

A 2 hr. 40 min. show played exceptionally well, perhaps? Keep in mind the person that wrote the review was there. You, by your admission, were not. Therefore, you can't say whether or not the show was amazing or epic. The perspective of someone at the show, actually witnessing the performances first hand, as opposed to someone sitting behind their computer judging a show by its setlist or song order, or other things, will never be the same.

Ali

A 2 hr. 40 min. show played exceptionally well, perhaps? Keep in mind the person that wrote the review was there. You, by your admission, were not. Therefore, you can't say whether or not the show was amazing or epic. The perspective of someone at the show, actually witnessing the performances first hand, as opposed to someone sitting behind their computer judging a show by its setlist or song order, or other things, will never be the same.

Ali

Isn't that the same length as roughly every other show on their last tour? Look, I'm not saying the show wasn't great. I don't really give a shit if Axl gave the best performance of his life or gave a Steamboat Willie show. I'm just laughing at how much someone gets bashed for saying "why was it epic?" It's a little...fascist? haha. "WHAT?! HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE POWER OF THE ALMIGHTY AXL!!"

Oh my, this is something else. Usually, people on this forum blast journalists and bloggers for being too critical of Axl and Guns. Now, people criticize someone for giving them too much praise. You can't win...ever.

Uhh, yes. You can win.

Axl was winning. He put out a great album. Hlthe last tour got great reviews. GnR was building momentum.

But doing another leg of a tour that has been going on for a decade, and not releasing new music, is a weird way to run a band.

I was simply asking why this was an epic show. I saw GnR in December and they played half an hour longer than they did last night. They didn't play any new or different songs.

Asking why it was epic is a legitimate question.

Unbelievable that people are kicking off over a good review. It was a about as pro Axl an interview as you are ever going to get from a music publication and yet not even that is enough.

There wasn't a bad word in the article and I actually thought it was a really honest well written article that mirrored a lot of how I felt when I saw them at the 02.

Nice to see the new band getting positive recognition, they do deserve it

Unbelievable that people are kicking off over a good review. It was a about as pro Axl an interview as you are ever going to get from a music publication and yet not even that is enough.

There wasn't a bad word in the article and I actually thought it was a really honest well written article that mirrored a lot of how I felt when I saw them at the 02.

Nice to see the new band getting positive recognition, they do deserve it

Maybe that says a little thing about "us/fans"...

Maybe "we" should think for ourselves and forget about other opinions...

Maybe....

Maybe....

Maybe most people here a wise enough to know what to think

:wub:

I was simply asking why this was an epic show. I saw GnR in December and they played half an hour longer than they did last night. They didn't play any new or different songs.

Asking why it was epic is a legitimate question.

You saw them in December, but it's pretty clear reading the first paragraph of the review the journalist was seeing his first GN'R show in a while. That would be the case for the majority of concert goers.

Oh my, this is something else. Usually, people on this forum blast journalists and bloggers for being too critical of Axl and Guns. Now, people criticize someone for giving them too much praise. You can't win...ever.

Some people dont want GnR or Axl's vision of GnR to be succesfull :shrugs: they want things their way or nothing...

It was a really good show, EPIC is stretching. 2 quotes taken from the RS review stuck out to me:

"It couldn't be easy being in this band. Every single member must be painfully aware that the vast majority of the audience wish that other people were playing their instruments. That said, they do an incredible job - even if takes three guitarists to do what Slash and Izzy used to do."

"Weird as it may seem, some of these guys have been in the band far longer than the original line-up. That makes it pretty hard to call them a glorified cover band."

that first quote is hysterical

the 2nd quote - while even if technically true that some of these guys have been in the band far longer than the original line-up, the fact that 4 of 28 songs on the set list are from Chinese Democracy negates the fact it may be technically true

Ali

Isn't that the same length as roughly every other show on their last tour? Look, I'm not saying the show wasn't great. I don't really give a shit if Axl gave the best performance of his life or gave a Steamboat Willie show. I'm just laughing at how much someone gets bashed for saying "why was it epic?" It's a little...fascist? haha. "WHAT?! HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE POWER OF THE ALMIGHTY AXL!!"

How about actually reading the review AND understanding that this is the first time this person has seen this tour and THEN asking that question.

Ali