Rolling Stone's Front Page "Guns N Roses Play Epic New York Show"

Lose Your Illusions

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy who wrote this article is a moron.

In other words, anyone with a difference In opinion, as opposed to your opinion, Is a moron? Is this the quote that made you pass judgement and label the writer a moron(Every single member must be painfully aware that the vast majority of the audience wish that other people were playing their instruments). If so, this Is his opinion and an opinion that most people share.

The guy who wrote this article is a moron.

This.

"It couldn't be easy being in this band. Every single member must be painfully aware that the vast majority of the audience wish that other people were playing their instruments. That said, they do an incredible job - even if takes three guitarists to do what Slash and Izzy used to do."

"Weird as it may seem, some of these guys have been in the band far longer than the original line-up. That makes it pretty hard to call them a glorified cover band."

Sounds like 14 year old youtube retards.

Edited by sledzep

So it was only "epic" because of personal reasons for the writer - not because the show was actually epic. Ok, that makes sense then.

And wow. How defensive the Axl fans get. If you aren't kissing Axl's ass 24/7 then you are a cupcake and a hater. Funny.

Just out of curiosity, who decides if something is 'epic'?

So it was only "epic" because of personal reasons for the writer - not because the show was actually epic. Ok, that makes sense then.

And wow. How defensive the Axl fans get. If you aren't kissing Axl's ass 24/7 then you are a cupcake and a hater. Funny.

Its obvious that the writer will not judge the show based on your expectations and the fact that you saw GN'R play a longer show recently remains 100% irrelevant to his evaluation of the performance.

It seems that by the writer's definition (which will probably be based on his experience with the general level of shows he reviews), GN'R put on an impressive enough display for him to call it epic. This doesn't constitute "personal reasons" any more than usual- after all, all evaluations, including yours are "personal" and you are in possession of no objective definition of rightful "epicness".

Its not "kissing Axl's ass" to point out that you weren't at the show while the writer was and that your requirements for "epic" status do not dictate everyone else's. Its just the simple fact that not everyone in the universe is laboring under a major attack of surliness.

I am slowly learning that that Is the situation on this board. We seem to have a double set of circumstances. If you bring up any type of flaw with the new band, or have a difference In opinion with another member about the new band, then you are a cupcake and a hater and you don't belong here, but If one of the original band members are brought up In conversation and a board member decides they should start to verbally bash them, well then, that seems to be ok.

That's the biggest, and really, in my opinion, the ONLY problem with this board. The fascism here in favor of "nugnr" and Axl is just mind blowing. Everything's cool until you mention something wrong with Axl's voice, or you express your frustrations on certain aspects of the new band, then, you're fucking ostracized, and probably banned by these mods. And if you ever mention any of the original members being better than current members? You will possibly be hunted down and should probably go to WITSEC.

I didn't go to the show but saw some of the video's and it looks like it was a typical performance

looks like pretty much the same set list as any GnR show with some variations of CD material

but to call it epic too me is a gross overstatement

for it to be epic, they could cut out all the needless solo's and band jams and just play all the hits and all of Democracy, that would be epic

but to have 3 band jams during the encore is fucking ridiculous in my opinion, just as it's fucking ridiculous to have 8 or 9 during a concert

all's it does as lengthen the set and really, nobody's paying the type of money they pay to see Axl's scab's play 9 solo's or band jams - too me it's just fucking assinine

What the fuck is going on around this place? Ignore it for a month and come back to find everything fucked up.

Groghan has turned into a hater? Interesting.

5 million stupid topics about "What do you think?" Did ITW2012 split himself like an amoeba?

Another tour with the same setlist? Did anybody seriously not see that coming?

Ah well, back to waiting for something new to happen.

PS. The Better remix sucks.

If you are pro axl or skeptical of the new band right now don't be a fucking pussy and say the rest of the board is against you. Deal with your criticms and continue to post. Don't start wining about labels being used against you.

Who was this directed at

I am slowly learning that that Is the situation on this board. We seem to have a double set of circumstances. If you bring up any type of flaw with the new band, or have a difference In opinion with another member about the new band, then you are a cupcake and a hater and you don't belong here, but If one of the original band members are brought up In conversation and a board member decides they should start to verbally bash them, well then, that seems to be ok.

Great post.

Funny, after years of being branished an Axl Nutter, now I am suddenly a "hater"......because I would rather have a new album as opposed to two more years of touring and a new album five years from now.

On this board, wanting new music from your favorite band gets you labeled as a hater.

I'm not opposed to the band touring. Just dissapointed, as another year of touring means no "new" music for at least two more years.

Based on CD, I think the unreleased Cd tracks are probably amazing. I think this current band could create a tremendous album.

GnR is a fantastic live band. But this tour has been going on for a decade already.

Before this tour was announced, if u polled this forum and asked what they wanted...new music or another tour.....95% would have said new music.

Oh crap!!!! I just realized I actually hate all the bands I thought I liked. I can't wait for slash's next solo album. Can't wait to buy the new van halen album. I must hate them, as I can't wait to hear their new music.

Groghan I think you're massively misinterpreting other people's attitudes here, as I have never called you or anyone else a hater, nor has anyone else (I'm talking about regulars whom I've seen posting for a while, not just the annoying new ones). No one is opposed to the release of new music, we are just opposed to the band being bashed because they are doing another tour and the next album hasn't been released immediately. I'm not even saying you've been bashing them for this, though there's been plenty of others who have been bashing them, so I think you're arguing against an opposing side that simply isn't there.

I don't see why the band WOULD release an album right now with the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame date coming up in a couple months. Wait until then and there will be huge publicity for it, and showing off a couple of new songs by the END of this tour, right before the Hall of Fame, would build some immediate anticipation. This is the first show and probably, as has been said by many others, just a warmup for the big dates coming up. Yet people are already saying that they've "given up" on the band as anything more than a tribute act, just because nothing new was released on the first show of the tour, which is just absurd and ridiculous.

And why tour Europe? Because Chinese Democracy sold a lot better overall in the European market than the American one. The've obviously realized the importance of a strong European audience for GnR. All things considered, I do think they plan to release the next album this year. Just because they aren't doing it this week does not mean people should give up on it.

Edited by Flayer

Great post.

Funny, after years of being branished an Axl Nutter, now I am suddenly a "hater"......because I would rather have a new album as opposed to two more years of touring and a new album five years from now.

On this board, wanting new music from your favorite band gets you labeled as a hater.

I'm not opposed to the band touring. Just dissapointed, as another year of touring means no "new" music for at least two more years.

Based on CD, I think the unreleased Cd tracks are probably amazing. I think this current band could create a tremendous album.

GnR is a fantastic live band. But this tour has been going on for a decade already.

Before this tour was announced, if u polled this forum and asked what they wanted...new music or another tour.....95% would have said new music.

Oh crap!!!! I just realized I actually hate all the bands I thought I liked. I can't wait for slash's next solo album. Can't wait to buy the new van halen album. I must hate them, as I can't wait to hear their new music.

I see where you are coming from and I agree with you and the points you are making.Unfortunatley there Is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that a new album Is on It's way and If It's anything like the last release, It's going to be a long wait(Don't think It will be anywhere near as long of a wait as Chinese Democracy, but most likely a few more years). I think all those years of silence have alot of people on this board starving for whatever they can get.

Great post.

I think the info from the band regarding the plans ahead could be better. They've improved drastically over the past couple of years when it comes to keeping the activity level of their outlets on a high. When it comes to the forthcoming Euro tour we still quite don't know what to expect. New album this year maybe?

I don't see these US shows as warm up shows for the Euro tour, rather an extention of the US arena tour.

You say no new music for two years. For all we know the tracklist for the next release could already have been picked and set for release before the summer tour. That's my only complaint right now.. No real info on what to expect. Hopefully we know when they announce the tour officially, but I'll go either way and I'm certain of having a great time.