Axl Voice

bumblecool

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wish he would play something different, i agree his voice sounds truly amazing !!!!

Oh Yeah, i hope we will hear again some TWAT or Prostitute

We got lucky enough that 4 months ago they started playing Estranged & Civil War again... i believe they will play those again and even some others new old songs :thumbsup:

Just wish he would play something different, i agree his voice sounds truly amazing !!!!

We got lucky enough that 4 months ago they started playing Estranged & Civil War again... i believe they will play those again and even some others new old songs :thumbsup:

Can't wait for the summer tour, I've never heard those 2 live!

Can't wait for the summer tour, I've never heard those 2 live!

x2, need some Portugal and Spain dates :wub:

Seems like the Micky voice is there for the proshots (in general). Is it just a bad mix for those videos?

Yes, I think so. Notice how all the times it seems real bad (Rio, Vegas) were on proshots? And remember Oh My God at Rio 2001 where his voice was terrible but when he kept singing five seconds after the band ended the song, it suddenly became powerful? I think they fuck the EQ up horribly on these proshots.

Seems like the Micky voice is there for the proshots (in general). Is it just a bad mix for those videos?

Yes, I think so. Notice how all the times it seems real bad (Rio, Vegas) were on proshots? And remember Oh My God at Rio 2001 where his voice was terrible but when he kept singing five seconds after the band ended the song, it suddenly became powerful? I think they fuck the EQ up horribly on these proshots.

Problem is those pro-shot shows are mixed on the fly, so they sound like a soundboard recording basically. Axl's voice gets separated from the instruments and sort of "float" on top of them instead of sit with them, as it should on a properly mixed video.

Those very same shows would sound ALOT better with a proper mix, same goes for Axl's vocals (without resorting to studio tricks)

Problem is those pro-shot shows are mixed on the fly, so they sound like a soundboard recording basically. Axl's voice gets separated from the instruments and sort of "float" on top of them instead of sit with them, as it should on a properly mixed video.

Those very same shows would sound ALOT better with a proper mix, same goes for Axl's vocals (without resorting to studio tricks)

Case in point - the mix for Rock am Ring 2006. That was properly mixed after the fact and as a result it's one of the best pro shots from 2001 onward. Axl sounds powerful there compared to say Rock in Rio from the same year.

Guns and roses and Axl are the only band in internet that you cant say if he is singing with mickey mouse or rasp,because the youtube cant catch his tone ,joking of corse.I saw bootlegs of iron maiden,metallica,kiss,megadeth,motorhead,etc like all of you.And i can see the difference of singing bad or good.

Axl Rose is sounding awfull in certain songs or in certains parts of song,in youtube,in the show and when he singing in the shower.And he in 60% of the show sings like 90s,nailing every fucking note.

Why happens this? i dont know,and neither of us.

Nothing like 2002. Ill admit 2010 was near perfect. But be doesn't sound bad now, not as bad as ud expect after hearing all this bitching. He sounded great friday "freed of all the chains, we held together" in Madagascar sounded fucking awesome the other night. Truly insane.

This I Love is a track that he nails consistently, it's an incredibly difficult track to sing yes but in 2010 he was usually on better form than that. I don't mind Axl's voice at all, it's Axl fucking Rose singing again but it was stronger in 2010 as everyone knows.