"Best" USA Tour (02-now)

ZoSoRose

This is potentially a really stupid topic, but im kind of curious to hear your opinions since the USA is such an important market for GNR

Between the 01-2002, 2006, and 2011-12 USA tours, which one do you think is the best?

Best can mean your favorite, which one you thought was the most critically/commercially successful, etc- however you interpret it!

For me its defiantly been this past tour. I'm pretty biased because I've seen this lineup 2 times already (Canada 2010 and Detroit 2011).

The band was really on fire in Detroit and I cant wait to see them again on Tuesday at the Fillmore. There was a great mix of classics and Chidem and we got some real jems like Estranged and Civil War, not to mention 8 club/theater shows.

Its also worth noting that the media and even a lot of the general public were leaning toward GNR's side this time around. Reviews and press were overall very supportive and critics and fans alike overall seemed to be pretty enthusiastic towards the tour. Attendence figures also seemed to be a little better than in 02 and 06.

Anyways, there have been awesome traits of each tour. I wish I could have caught the 02 and 06 lineups (and a few classic band shows at that =P)

What is your guys' takes?

Edited by ZoSoRose

I saw them in 06 in Jacksomville FL for the first time ever and it was great. Have seen the band now in Toronto orlando and Greenville. I would say 2011 is the best usa tour because the album was out and they finished the tour which did t happen in 02 and 06

2006 was awesome. Besides my bias since it was my first concert ever, along with it then obviously being my first Guns show, the band was tight, BBF was new, Finck was starting to fit the look of the band more, Axl's voice was spot on with tons of classic Axl rasp (plus he looked badass), and it seemed like the whole time was building up to the imminent release of CD. It was such a fun time.

Hands down, this current tour. Maybe it is thenightly inclusion of Estranged, Dont Cry, and Civil War , but this is the first time since the split that I feel like I was actually at a Guns N Roses concert. The 2002 tour was horrendous, and I suspect that it was forced onto Axl. but then again it appears as if every tour is forced on him.

Edited by Carlos Castaneda

I would say the 2011-12 tour as a whole because Axl didn't throw any fits and stuck to the dates.

But for my personal preference I would say the 2006 tour because I liked the band better as a whole back then and Axl looked badass back then.

Axl did look badass. I forgot about his appearence now.

Yeah I initially hated the braids but in 2006 he really looked awesome.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I'm not certain the current players can top CD; but rather than the dismal attendances in 2002 because of the unorthodox Axl and uncharacteristic, non-traditional musicians, 2010 onwards is without doubt the best live incarnation of GN'R with attendances growing because of the positivity regarding Axl's otherwise illegitimate Guns N' Roses.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Axl did look badass. I forgot about his appearence now.

We didn't know at the time but the braids hid the obvious hair issue and itself looked rather well.

2002 band had great individual players but the chemistry was not comparable to the one they have today. Plus, Axl had the worst voice of his career, the setlist was much shorter and much worse than the one they have today, and the tour was a fluke with the cancelled shows and all. I don't know how people can have any doubts about this.

saw them in boston in 02: band sounded great, but i couldn't get past the freakshow look of bucket and finck.

saw them in worcester in 06: worst gnr show i've ever seen because they had sound problems pretty much from start to finish.

saw them in hartford in 11': best gnr show i've ever seen. band sounded great, chemistry was tight....looked like they were having a blast.