How many Gold VIPs at your concert?

Axleric

I received the following message from the GnR website:

"The Fillmore Silver Spring - Gold VIP Early Entry

Hello Everyone,

This is a one-time informational email for the upcoming Guns N Roses Event taking place at the The Fillmore Silver Spring on February 23rd.

Please make sure to bring your photo ID and meet in front of the box office at 8:30pm. You will then be checked in, receive your Guns N Roses VIP Laminate and allowed into the venue 15 minutes prior to the doors opening to the general public. "

My question is, how many gold VIP ticket holders were allowed early access to previous concerts and what time did you get there?

A lot of them don't even get there until after doors open. And a lot of them also just go upstairs. Kinda weird.

Very weird indeed. I got the ticket with the hopes of getting a place in the front railing. Anything else would be pointless.

A lot of them don't even get there until after doors open. And a lot of them also just go upstairs. Kinda weird.

Very weird indeed. I got the ticket with the hopes of getting a place in the front railing. Anything else would be pointless.

If you get there within an hour before doors open, you'll be on the rail :thumbsup:

If you get there within an hour before doors open, you'll be on the rail :thumbsup:

This. There were maybe 50-75 for Terminal 5, and by an hour before doors, only 5 of us were there.

The people going to the next level want to watch the show and hear it. I think if they've been to multiple shows, they've already hi-5ed Axl and got some of Rich and Bumble sweat on them, they just want to kick back in comfort, sing along, etc. Maybe they're bringing their wife or girlfriend who's not big on GNR, she sure as hell doesn't want to be among the sweaty and smelly.

Some VIP deals really suck and a complete rip off, so the more people give positive reviews, as well as honest reviews, the money people spending on it will justify the cost.

The people going to the next level want to watch the show and hear it. I think if they've been to multiple shows, they've already hi-5ed Axl and got some of Rich and Bumble sweat on them, they just want to kick back in comfort, sing along, etc. Maybe they're bringing their wife or girlfriend who's not big on GNR, she sure as hell doesn't want to be among the sweaty and smelly.

But why would these people buy Gold VIP?

But why would these people buy Gold VIP?

My guess would be two-fold. One, there are still some folks who think they are getting something else for their money (and they wull find out later that they're not). Two, and this would be more for the people who do understand that the laminate is for souvenir purposes only, they still want to be in the front of whatever section they do plan to stand in. Imagine you wanted to be upstairs for Terminal 5. If you are not rigth in the front then the view will not be pretty. Just my guess anyways.

^^This. At the Electric Factory, the bar in the balcony extends out over the stage and has stools around the railing. I caught the Dropkick Murphys there last year, and was about 50 people back in line. Having read about the venue online a bit, my buddy and I went straight for the bar and grabbed stools right over the stage. Fucking great view, and could see better than anyone other than the front few rows on the floor, plus we avoided incurring injury from the crazy circle pits. If you for sure want those spots, go VIP.

Needless to say, I hope the Philly VIP market was over-saturated between AC and Philly on such short notice, and that the barrier will still be available for us lowly normal folk.

In Chicago, there were 60 Gold VIP's. By the time they split the line at about 6 pm, there was already about 15 or so...

Is the VIP worth it? I'm debating what to do for the Atlanta show.

Could go either way. They JUST announced the show, so you can hope for suppressed sales there. However, there haven't been other Up Close shows that close to ATL, so demand will probably be high. It's a split: you'll get a $250 experience down on the rail, question's just can you get the rail without the VIP which you won't know until that day.

In Chicago, there were 60 Gold VIP's. By the time they split the line at about 6 pm, there was already about 15 or so...

Is the VIP worth it? I'm debating what to do for the Atlanta show.

Could go either way. They JUST announced the show, so you can hope for suppressed sales there. However, there haven't been other Up Close shows that close to ATL, so demand will probably be high. It's a split: you'll get a $250 experience down on the rail, question's just can you get the rail without the VIP which you won't know until that day.

I have a feeling it's going to sell out pretty quickly. Might have to suck it up and spend the $250 just for peace of mind!