Atlanta Show at The Tabernacle 3/1

Bertie Higgins

I really hope someone captured and uploads some of Axl's banter to YouTube ... I could tell there was a lot of it from Axlrosefan4life's stream but I couldn't decipher a word of it! Dying to know what he said! Or if anyone who was there can offer an approximate transcript that would be welcomed as well!

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Setlist:

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

You're Crazy

Rocket Queen

Estranged

Shackler's Revenge

James Bond Theme (Richard Fortus Solo)

Live And Let Die

This I Love

Motivation

Baba O'Riley (Dizzy Reed Solo)

Street of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

Mi Amor (DJ Ashba Solo)

Sweet Child O' Mine

Another Brick In The Wall (Jam)

November Rain

Pink Panther Theme

Don't Cry

Civil War

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Nightrain

---------------

Pre-Madagascar Jam

Madagascar

Better

Let's get it on the first page or at least on every page so nobody has to look through.

very impressive for someone who has 50years old.

There is only one known way to avoid being 50.

Axl screwed up the end of You're Crazy.

Sounded to me like he was just changing it up. No reason he has to sing it exactly the same way every night. Imagine how boring that would get.

Trust me, he messed up.

And by the way, they play basically the same setlist every night. Imagine how boring that must get.

Setlist:

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

You're Crazy

Rocket Queen

Estranged

Shackler's Revenge

James Bond Theme (Richard Fortus Solo)

Live And Let Die

This I Love

Why should we believe you know he messed up?

Alright, finally found some time to write up my review.

Got to the venue around 1pm. Rick Dunsford and his crew were already there, and a couple others. I talked with everyone in line to pass the time, went down to the bar with a friend and got some drinks. Came back did a radio interview for Atlanta's 100.5 and made a sign for Katrina Bendzova since it was her birthday. By the time we got our VIP passes and got the OK to go inside the venue there was only 16 VIP Gold's. Not sure how many VIP Golds sold for that show. It was a little slow filling up the venue. It wasn't near as balls to the wall as Chicago was. It was so packed in Chicago you could barely move. It was comfortable on the front where I was.

It felt like forever before Last Vegas took the stage. Last Vegas was pretty good. Though it was like they only had one song and they played it on repeat 8 times. I probably would have liked them more had I known their songs. Their front man was trying really hard to channel some moves like Jagger. On the bright side, Kat came out during their set. They played an hour set, and then wrapped it all up. Crew came out tore down their set and set up GNR's in pretty good time.

Then we waited some more. Broke out into multiple "Guns N' Roses" chants. GNR took the stage at midnight. They didn't use Dexter as the opening music piece, which sucked. Nothing sets the mood to a GNR show like that Dexter theme.

GNR played a kick ass set. Axl's voice was the best I've heard it live. Axl was in a great mood and talked to the crowd a lot. I got to shake Axl's hand during Civil War, and that was the highlight of the show for me. Favorite song of the night was either Chinese Democracy, Shacklers Revenge, Civil War, Madagascar, or Better.

I felt really bad for Bumblefoot. For those of you who watched Rick's stream he was just out of it. Dustin Burcham designed a card for him and we all signed it and gave it to DJ who gave it to Bumblefoot. I really wish him the best.

I chanted for Oh My God a lot last night, for those of you who were complaining about it haha. It's one of my favorite GNR songs, if I could trade Better for it for a night, I would. When me and Rick talked to Fernando in Nashville about OMG he said that the song was a strain on Axl's voice, and said something like the show would be a lot shorter if they did OMG. However last night, Axl was hitting everything he wanted, and then some. His voice was in top form and he was in great spirits. So fuck yeah, I was hoping there was a chance, we could get Oh My God.

Everyone knows had they played OMG last night, the boards would be exploding right now over it. ITW2012 would have already posted like 4 posts about the endless possibilites of god knows what concerning the song.

After Paradise City, I picked up one of the Up Close And Personal Tshirts, and met up with Rick outside where we waited for the band to come out of the venue. Dustin ended up talking some of the crew out there into handing him one of DJ's vests or something like that. He probably has the thing in a frame now. The band came out, didn't really sign anything or talk to the fans, DJ shook hands, signed a few things, and I think took a couple pictures before getting in the van. And that was about it. We waited for Axl but that was a waste of time.

So we said our goodbye's and I found my way out of Atlanta.

Great show, but damn I'm ready for new material. Here's to hoping they drop some new material before they tour the states again!

Alright, finally found some time to write up my review.

Got to the venue around 1pm. Rick Dunsford and his crew were already there, and a couple others. I talked with everyone in line to pass the time, went down to the bar with a friend and got some drinks. Came back did a radio interview for Atlanta's 100.5 and made a sign for Katrina Bendzova since it was her birthday. By the time we got our VIP passes and got the OK to go inside the venue there was only 16 VIP Gold's. Not sure how many VIP Golds sold for that show. It was a little slow filling up the venue. It wasn't near as balls to the wall as Chicago was. It was so packed in Chicago you could barely move. It was comfortable on the front where I was.

It felt like forever before Last Vegas took the stage. Last Vegas was pretty good. Though it was like they only had one song and they played it on repeat 8 times. I probably would have liked them more had I known their songs. Their front man was trying really hard to channel some moves like Jagger. On the bright side, Kat came out during their set. They played an hour set, and then wrapped it all up. Crew came out tore down their set and set up GNR's in pretty good time.

Then we waited some more. Broke out into multiple "Guns N' Roses" chants. GNR took the stage at midnight. They didn't use Dexter as the opening music piece, which sucked. Nothing sets the mood to a GNR show like that Dexter theme.

GNR played a kick ass set. Axl's voice was the best I've heard it live. Axl was in a great mood and talked to the crowd a lot. I got to shake Axl's hand during Civil War, and that was the highlight of the show for me. Favorite song of the night was either Chinese Democracy, Shacklers Revenge, Civil War, Madagascar, or Better.

I felt really bad for Bumblefoot. For those of you who watched Rick's stream he was just out of it. Dustin Burcham designed a card for him and we all signed it and gave it to DJ who gave it to Bumblefoot. I really wish him the best.

I chanted for Oh My God a lot last night, for those of you who were complaining about it haha. It's one of my favorite GNR songs, if I could trade Better for it for a night, I would. When me and Rick talked to Fernando in Nashville about OMG he said that the song was a strain on Axl's voice, and said something like the show would be a lot shorter if they did OMG. However last night, Axl was hitting everything he wanted, and then some. His voice was in top form and he was in great spirits. So fuck yeah, I was hoping there was a chance, we could get Oh My God.

Everyone knows had they played OMG last night, the boards would be exploding right now over it. ITW2012 would have already posted like 4 posts about the endless possibilites of god knows what concerning the song.

After Paradise City, I picked up one of the Up Close And Personal Tshirts, and met up with Rick outside where we waited for the band to come out of the venue. Dustin ended up talking some of the crew out there into handing him one of DJ's vests or something like that. He probably has the thing in a frame now. The band came out, didn't really sign anything or talk to the fans, DJ shook hands, signed a few things, and I think took a couple pictures before getting in the van. And that was about it. We waited for Axl but that was a waste of time.

So we said our goodbye's and I found my way out of Atlanta.

Great show, but damn I'm ready for new material. Here's to hoping they drop some new material before they tour the states again!

Sounds like a great night and a great concert, thanks for the review

You know where the fuck you are? Awesome scream! :wub:

Awesome. Thanks for posting this. I didn't get any videos of the show. I thought Axl sounded really good, way better than he did in Chicago. But he was sick in Chicago, so it's understandable. It seemed like there were some sound problems off and on though. Definitely my favorite show so far!

Thanks! I've only been able to find 2 videos on YouTube. I figured there would be a lot more than that.

I know, it's driving me nuts too!

In lieu of new videos ... if anyone else (like me) didn't know who Kat was, this is a pretty good introduction to the lovely Katarina Benzova:

Edited by Verruckt

Ahh... I knew the disrespect towards Kat would come soon enough.

Unless, ya know, she's into that sorta thing...

No disrespect, and Kat didn't take it that way. If she was disrespected I'm sure she wouldn't have snapped a picture of us with the sign and put it on her personal FB page. It was all in good fun.

Ahh... I knew the disrespect towards Kat would come soon enough.

Unless, ya know, she's into that sorta thing...

No disrespect, and Kat didn't take it that way. If she was disrespected I'm sure she wouldn't have snapped a picture of us with the sign and put it on her personal FB page. It was all in good fun.

Agreed! She loved it!

Is there a video of Civil War available yet from this show? during the first half of that song Axl shook my hand! I'd love to see that!

This is the only one I've seen, but it's the last part of the song. Axl shook my hand during KOHD and I found the perfect video of it...and it cut off right as Axl was shaking my hand. :(

• 2 months later...