GNR facebook rant

bumblerose

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the e-bayers, I get the media hate....but I really can't stand the reviews that guy writes...he's basically taking 'cool' expressions and a bunch of epithets from a fucking thesaurus and then just machine gunning them on his computer screen...the reviews feature very little author perspective...I know nothing about his experience, which what I think a review should be about...the people on this forum write better reviews...you can really feel that they were there and how they felt about the songs and the show....this review is written in a chick-magazine type of literary style, where everything is so polished and artificial that it makes me cringe...I have nothing against the message of the review, because I fucking love this band and I'll stand by the live shows, they're amazing...but posting reviews like that makes it look like they only like the most obvious ass kissers...however, that's just my opinion...there's plenty of people out there who write great reviews about the shows, even on this board...why go with this guy?

i just re-read it...quoting: Their songs balance sex and violence like the greatest Shakespearian drama performed on a train about to derail at 200 miles per hour—with Axl Rose as the poet laureate and pilot of course.

what the fuck is that supposed to mean? I highly doubt that that guy sleeps with 'King Lear' on his night stand...

+1. Love the shows I've been to, but these reviews are cringey and people on this forum write better reviews.

Also, re: the autograph situation, personalising the autographs, i.e. "To Tom From Axl" would solve the eBay scammer problem. Axl wouldn't have to see autographed stuff on eBay, and true fans would be psyched to have personalised autographed stuff.

They say if it's dated & personalized, it takes the value off, and try to wipe it off while the ink is still wet. Plus with Ebay, who knows when they got the autograph, or if it's legit.

Watch how Uncle Ted handles Ebayers.. you've prob. seen this before.

HAHA! "You are a cock sucker.." LOL

Whoever wrote that needs to grow a set of nuts, man up... Childish rant..

Sounds very similar to a previous rant on here aimed at a moderator, yet I don't imagine this was written by a member of the band. :question: Same type of wording though, or is it my imagination? :huh:

I believe it's Fernando, trying to sound cool, talking like Axl. Just my opinion though.

When I read the whole "Axl and the GNR family is in mygnr.com" I realized that Fernando was a completely hanger-on, Axl wanna be. Poor guy. :shrugs:

I was able to meet Axl after the Philly show thanks to Fernando.

Don't open your mouth about something that you have no idea about.

Good for you. If I was able to meet Axl through Fernando, I'd be happy that he did that for me, but it wouldn't change the fact that most of the time, he's a whiny hanger-on. His whole life revolves around Axl and GNR. Where would he and his mom be without a 50 year old rockstar who wants them to be his family? He fell into this lifestyle, and it's no doubt had an effect on his entitlement complex...he feels cool and popular because he's Axl's step/god/son/brother/whatever the fuck they are.

Sounds very similar to a previous rant on here aimed at a moderator, yet I don't imagine this was written by a member of the band. :question: Same type of wording though, or is it my imagination? :huh:

I believe it's Fernando, trying to sound cool, talking like Axl. Just my opinion though.

When I read the whole "Axl and the GNR family is in mygnr.com" I realized that Fernando was a completely hanger-on, Axl wanna be. Poor guy. :shrugs:

Good for you. If I was able to meet Axl through Fernando, I'd be happy that he did that for me, but it wouldn't change the fact that most of the time, he's a whiny hanger-on. His whole life revolves around Axl and GNR. Where would he and his mom be without a 50 year old rockstar who wants them to be his family? He fell into this lifestyle, and it's no doubt had an effect on his entitlement complex...he feels cool and popular because he's Axl's step/god/son/brother/whatever the fuck they are.

Jealous? :lol:

Jealous of what?

Jealous of what?

Fernando.

I get the piss off at eBay hunters, but still, this rant was pretty immature. I know it was more than likely Fernando and not Axl, but still. It makes the band itself look immature when that's not the case.

The eBay guys will always be out there seeking autographs. It sucks, but that's how it is. It's a shame that these guys often ruin it for the real fans.

dude, I used to dislike fernando too. Until I saw him in Rock in Rio. That dude worked his ass off that night whipping the water out of the stage during the concert, he covered most of the monitors himself, the dude really knows his place. He just put his head down and helped out a lot, even if he could just tell the stage production to do it all.

Jealous of what?

Fernando.

I'm jealous that he might have access to, or has already heard all the unreleased material. But that's the extent of my jealousy. He's a tool. Anyone that thinks otherwise is a "nutter" (hate using that term).

dude, I used to dislike fernando too. Until I saw him in Rock in Rio. That dude worked his ass off that night whipping the water out of the stage during the concert, he covered most of the monitors himself, the dude really knows his place. He just put his head down and helped out a lot, even if he could just tell the stage production to do it all.

That's cool, at least he helps out, or at least did at that show. It doesn't change how how perceives himself in the world of GNR/the fans/media etc. He thinks he's of some importance, and therefore can talk to fans and the media like he's a celebrity or something, which just blows my fucking mind. Like the times he's been on here...he talks to some of us like we're mere pee ons, and he's 'somebody'. Irritates the hell out of me. He should just do what you were saying he did at RIR, never get on mygnr or any other medium between gnr and it's fans, and thank his lucky stars that he's as fortunate as he is.

Fucking low life needs to shut up. If Axl can't stand the people that asks for an autograph he better lock himself up in his mansion. Redhead seriously needs to realise that he is nothing without his fans. You gave some, you win some.

:rolleyes:

First off...you actually think Axl wrote that? :lol: Axl never writes anything directly using the Facebook page. Second, the rant isn't about people that just want an autograph, it's about the people who turn around and sell their signed stuff on eBay. They act like their entitled to get autographs, all so they can make a quick buck.

You'd probably be singing a different song about Axl's opinion of fans if you'd met him at the Philly gig I'm sure :shrugs:

via GNR facebook.

Seriously sick and tired of all the crap that lingers on and on and on. Low-life e-bayers who slime around shows begging for autographs to sling merch, prob knock-offs, rippin off fans. Lazy-ass bloggers and so called writers, media horrors (being nice here) that cut and paste other idiot's crap like 2nd graders misleading people and misrepresenting. Lethargic whiny lil bitches who will probably never ever get it cause their heads are decades into the last century and buried up someone's ass. Luckily, for sanity's sake, there are good people who have a life and put in an honest day's work (or in this case night's). We found this review and obviously like it but more importantly respect it and what it represents. Go ahead share this and follow these guys cause they seem to get it. Thanks to ARTISTdirect and @RickFlorino for keepin it real. http://bit.ly/zVfqlX

these are good lyrics!!!!

Fucking low life needs to shut up. If Axl can't stand the people that asks for an autograph he better lock himself up in his mansion. Redhead seriously needs to realise that he is nothing without his fans. You gave some, you win some.

First off...you actually think Axl wrote that? :lol: Axl never writes anything directly using the Facebook page. Second, the rant isn't about people that just want an autograph, it's about the people who turn around and sell their signed stuff on eBay. They act like their entitled to get autographs, all so they can make a quick buck.

You'd probably be singing a different song about Axl's opinion of fans if you'd met him at the Philly gig I'm sure :shrugs:

Fernando AND Beta were awesome with the fans that night. Can't say enough good things about them.

There's definitely some things that can fool you to believe it was Axl. But, he's always very direct and he never shows a problem with people knowing it was him even if it would get him in trouble. I'm pretty sure if he was going to rant he would have done it through his Twitter and not on GnR facebook... So, in my opinion it was not Axl. :lol:

Fernando AND Beta were awesome with the fans that night. Can't say enough good things about them.

Beta is extremely nice, I enjoyed meeting her almost as much as meeting Bumblefoot to be completely honest. I've never met Fernando directly, but he seems like a good guy from what I've seen being on the barrier.

If you don't want to deal with all the bullshit... uh, don't be in a rock band? Pretty sure everything you're complaining about is dealt with on a regular basis by other big name rock bands, that's kinda part of the deal.

Has no other artist in history ever complained about hateful reviews or about e-bay loving hounds inflicting themselves upon them? I would imagine GN'R wouldn't be the first or the last to complain about this. They deal with this stuff often enough but its not as if they rant about it every day.

This argument of "oh you signed up for this, so shut up about it" is entirely unconvincing. People use the same argument when celebrities complain about paparazzi harassment as if everybody "signed up" for weirdos going through their trash or crashing their private events. By that logic, you can take things as far as you want and keep telling the celebrity in question to shut up because "culture" has re-defined the "responsibilities" of celebrities to include whatever it is you want it to include and that's just the way it is.

I doubt that any artist quite "signs up" for reviewers that act as if acknowledging anything positive about a show would destroy their soul or for unnecessary jostling by people who are not fans but standing in the fans' way or for blood-sucking record company officials/lawyers/managers etc. Its prevalent in the business so artists try to deal with it but that in no way takes away their right to be annoyed and to say so.

Has nobody on this forum ever complained about a bad boss or colleague or a lab partner or group member in college who doesn't carry his weight but you still have to work with? When you sign up for work or enter school, you know these conditions can happen so does that mean you cant say anything if you face them? That sounds ridiculous to me.

So, when is CD II coming out? I'm not really sure why they post these little rants on Facebook from time to time. It makes the band look really needy and insecure. Sure, that review was positive, but it also came off like the hyperbolic musings of a sycophant.

Edited by ITW 2012

A simple solution would be to put some signed items on the GNR official store at normal price

cut out the opportunity for the Autograph hunters to make a dollar

Or just do the Ted Nugent thing

:o So they are offering him money to sign things so they can sell it on ebay????

Now I've heard everything :blink: I really am more naive than I thought - guess that's why I'm not a millionaire. Love the way he laughs and chats with these guys though, making them beg for autographs :lol:

If you don't want to deal with all the bullshit... uh, don't be in a rock band? Pretty sure everything you're complaining about is dealt with on a regular basis by other big name rock bands, that's kinda part of the deal.

Has no other artist in history ever complained about hateful reviews or about e-bay loving hounds inflicting themselves upon them? I would imagine GN'R wouldn't be the first or the last to complain about this. They deal with this stuff often enough but its not as if they rant about it every day.

This argument of "oh you signed up for this, so shut up about it" is entirely unconvincing. People use the same argument when celebrities complain about paparazzi harassment as if everybody "signed up" for weirdos going through their trash or crashing their private events. By that logic, you can take things as far as you want and keep telling the celebrity in question to shut up because "culture" has re-defined the "responsibilities" of celebrities to include whatever it is you want it to include and that's just the way it is.

I doubt that any artist quite "signs up" for reviewers that act as if acknowledging anything positive about a show would destroy their soul or for unnecessary jostling by people who are not fans but standing in the fans' way or for blood-sucking record company officials/lawyers/managers etc. Its prevalent in the business so artists try to deal with it but that in no way takes away their right to be annoyed and to say so.

Has nobody on this forum ever complained about a bad boss or colleague or a lab partner or group member in college who doesn't carry his weight but you still have to work with? When you sign up for work or enter school, you know these conditions can happen so does that mean you cant say anything if you face them? That sounds ridiculous to me.

No one signs up to lose their privacy.

I remember when Apollo used to be a NUTTER.

Yes. Which I've mentioned about 100 times on here. But good observation.

I'm a Nutter and a Hater. Because I don't worship everything Axl does, yet I'm also a huge fan. So the Nutters think I'm a hater. And the haters think I'm a Nutter. And since I don't carry grudges from topic to topic like some people do.....

I don't worship Axl, but he is my favorite singer.

A simple solution would be to put some signed items on the GNR official store at normal price

cut out the opportunity for the Autograph hunters to make a dollar

Or just do the Ted Nugent thing

Dick Dale actually does that too; if you buy something at the merch table and get it signed it's no charge, but if you bring something from home to have signed it's $10...even if you're still buying something at the merch table. It kind of pissed me off at first, but I got thinking he might be doing it to cover his medical bills since he's been really sick again lately...he's certainly not particularly well off money-wise.