Why are they using videos from the old band ?

realpoti

Know what you mean, If they can't make a decent video for Better, they should record a video of themselves playing on the studio and post there.

Like this:

Or even an acid trip animation video, they could ask a fan to make an animation (who cares if it's shitty, anything would be cool at this point):

Is it that hard to make a budget video with the song playing on the background and post it on your site?

Pearl Jam made a simple video for daughter and nobody complained.

BTW, they did post a short video with some parts from Better on it in their Facebook, didn't they?

Edited by Chewbacca

nice cupcake thred..

Maybe because they are guns n' roses official videos, and that is the official guns n' roses website :thumbsup:

Oh Wait, I offended an Axl fan, what a cupcake I am :)

One must never question anything Axl says or does ....or one will be labeled a cupcake.

Because the old band is the original band and they released official videos. Are you retarded? :confused:

I hate to break it to you, but the UYI lineup is not the "original band." Of course your reasoning just further proves that you and your cohorts are okay with lineup changes as long as Slash is in the band. In other words, you're a faux GnR purist.

You can take down your Gilby poster now.

nice cupcake thred..

Maybe because they are guns n' roses official videos, and that is the official guns n' roses website :thumbsup:

One must never question anything Axl says or does ....or one will be labeled a cupcake.

and then the fur starts flying

Lineup changes are different from the whole band booking. Uyi had 4 out of the 5 members that were signed to geffen playing on them. Gilby joined for touring only (and one cover album). And even then, one or two members is common among lineup changes.

When Axl, and only Axl, without ANY of the people that helped him make GNR a success is totally different. Like it or not, Axl wasn't the only factor that made old GNR what it was. It's not just about Slash not being there, that's just a smaller piece to a bigger puzzle. Get over the fact that Star Wars is totally fictional and your little jedi mind tricks don't work on people with common sense...

nice cupcake thred..

obvious-troll.jpg

Lineup changes are different from the whole band booking. Uyi had 4 out of the 5 members that were signed to geffen playing on them. Gilby joined for touring only (and one cover album). And even then, one or two members is common among lineup changes.

You're missing the point, I guess you must've fallen victim to a non-existent mind trick or something. The point is the UYI lineup is not the "original" band.

When Axl, and only Axl, without ANY of the people that helped him make GNR a success is totally different.

I think you mindtricked yourself with this non-sentence.

Like it or not, Axl wasn't the only factor that made old GNR what it was. It's not just about Slash not being there, that's just a smaller piece to a bigger puzzle. Get over the fact that Star Wars is totally fictional and your little jedi mind tricks don't work on people with common sense...

Hey buddy, I've got news for you: I never said Axl was the only factor. Whoops! You seem like you're the one trying to mindtrick people into believing something. I'm not sure what you're so worked up over, the official videos from GnR are on the site, and they include Slash. Isn't that.. a good thing? Like I said earlier, people like you just prove that you're okay with lineup changes (and additions) as long as Slash is in the band. You're just another fake wannabe GnR purist. It's sort of annoying really.

nice cupcake thred..

Is it bad that I'm agreeing more now with people that I used to always disagree with?

http://www.gunsnroses.com/media/videos/19832

I don't think the best way to promote this line-up is putting videos from the old band without putting a single video featuring the new band. Just saying...

Technically speaking it's not the "old band", it is the same band but with a different lineup.

And the reason why Guns N' Roses has official Guns N' Roses videos on the website should be pretty obvious....It is the same band. Of course the band should present their videos.

The reason why they don't have any new videos on the site is presumably that such videos don't exist. When the band releases a music video I am sure it will end up on the website, too.

You're missing the point, I guess you must've fallen victim to a non-existent mind trick or something. The point is the UYI lineup is not the "original" band.

When Axl, and only Axl, without ANY of the people that helped him make GNR a success is totally different.

I think you mindtricked yourself with this non-sentence.

Like it or not, Axl wasn't the only factor that made old GNR what it was. It's not just about Slash not being there, that's just a smaller piece to a bigger puzzle. Get over the fact that Star Wars is totally fictional and your little jedi mind tricks don't work on people with common sense...

Hey buddy, I've got news for you: I never said Axl was the only factor. Whoops! You seem like you're the one trying to mindtrick people into believing something. I'm not sure what you're so worked up over, the official videos from GnR are on the site, and they include Slash. Isn't that.. a good thing? Like I said earlier, people like you just prove that you're okay with lineup changes (and additions) as long as Slash is in the band. You're just another fake wannabe GnR purist. It's sort of annoying really.

Phone typos, what are ya gonna do?

I just don't see why you have to nitpick everything to death. You were making a big scene over a small hiccup just because you don't like the guy, or the guitar player he's a fan of. The UYI lineup may not have been the official original lineup, but it had most of the original band to make it relevant and a classic lineup. 4 out of 5 of them play on the recordings. Close enough. It's not just about Slash being the deal breaker as described in my earlier post. I'm okay with a lineup change as long as some other people who were there from the beginning (as in getting signed to the label) are there to help balance things out, and having it sound like the same band. Not everything has to be about Axl vs Slash.

Edited by BS11290

nice cupcake thred..

Is it bad that I'm agreeing more now with people that I used to always disagree with?

No, you are just finally seeing the truth.