OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

It's interesting that there is so little criticism of Izzy. He didn't show up "for the fans" either but it's Axl taking all the crap. Axl even gave an explanation,whether you accept it or not, as to why it would be in best interest to miss it. Izzy didn't. He would have just had to show up, shake some hands and accept an award, right? You know -- for the fans.

Izzy wrote a really "cool" letter of thanks to the band, the fans, and the hall... Axl, on the other hand, basically said "fuck you" to the entire world.

Can someone please tell me what's not to like about this?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They quit and they were happy to let Axl take the blame for it and then pop up at Hof to take the credit and talk about the fans. If they cared about the fans they would never have quit. I guess they maybe didn't think it would turn out this way. But really they could have used Hof to set thongs straight but they chose the conceited glory.

I'm happy that other fans enjoyed it and it seems like a good night. Something about the whole thing doesn't seem right when Axl n Izzy feel so bad they can't even show up.

Nice Insight there :thumbsup:

Personally I don't have much use for the RRHOF,or basically any contrived award show,that is basically a money-making enterprise.I don't agree with the unbalanced way they choose to nominate,and the whole affair reeked of bourgeoisity to the Nth degree.

Heh, what a freaky situation. There's this Guns n' Roses run by Axl Rose, and then this other Guns n' Roses playing on some award ceremony. It's so weird! But the "other" GnR did sound pretty good. I still would prefer a new album from Axl over this lame induction thing.

There's only one Guns N' Roses and then there are old members who covers Guns N' Roses songs.

Exactly Right.

Slash said, "We have new fans who have never seen the original lineup and they're pulling for us."

This is why Axl hates Slash. Just a wild stab in the dark.

Bullseye! Wonder who he is referring to as "we?" Does he have a mouse in his pocket?

Slash said, "We have new fans who have never seen the original lineup and they're pulling for us."

Bullseye! Wonder who he is referring to as "we?" Does he have a mouse in his pocket?

And none of them were in the original lineup. :shrugs:

To me this letter and situation just show to the general public what a lot of us have known about Axl for years. He's not a stubborn bad-ass, he's a stubborn little child.

Children don't have a very developed sense of consequences for actions. Axl, on the other hand, was very well aware of the hissy fits his decision would lead to, he clearly foretold the hysterically negative reaction in his letter and it has obviously come to pass.

Its not a child who can take on opposition and blind hate of this degree and still stick to a difficult choice. You may not agree with his decision but it takes real guts to be willing to be hated to retain your own sense of independence.

Not this original/classic "fight" again... :ph34r:

We all know that the original lineup is not AFD lineup, but let's call that a fiction.

Jesus. Stop wanking over absurd technicalities. Yes, we know some mug called Tracii Guns, Ole Beich and Rob Gardner were in a band called Guns N Roses for all of 2 months, but what the fuck did they ever do? Original/classic/golden era, whatever you wanna call it.

After watching the performance once again, it's ridiculous how much better they sound than the current GNR. Myles can never outdo Axl though, so that's a no-discussion, but he did a good job. The band on the other hand shows what was magic about the AFD/UYI era. Never though they would sound so good. Finally a performance who sounds like GNR used to do and imo are supposed to do. If Axl were there it would have been a perfect night. No puns to Izzy, love him and would prefer him to be there, but with Gilby live, Izzy ain't that missed on the stage. Very cool of them to play with Gilby again, even if it really wasn't any other choice if it was supposed to sound right.

The funny thing is, The 'Slashites' boo because they love Axl too. Essentially, Slashites, are original GNR fans to the core.

Axlites, are hardcore Axl fans and only appreciate what he is currently doing, while trying to ignore any importance of Slash (and other original members sometimes) - basically they agree with only Axl's point of view... they like what Axl likes, when he likes it.

I love Axl, and I'm really turned off by him not showing up to this. This would have been the one time he clarified and said "I'm currently touring with the new band, I love these guys, but we couldn't work together anymore..."

He could have promoted his GNR, as well as showed the world there are no more hard feelings, and make it clear that he is continuing to move forward with his current lineup. I feel like his parasitic peons are still keeping the door shut for all this. The shit that started this from the very beginning was Axl and Slash not talking face to face. They needed to stop talking through people. Whether it's Beta, Eddie Trunk, or whoever... the only way they will clear things up, is if they call each other.

I think BJA did a great job on the speech.

We might literally be sharing a brain with this post. Couldn't agree more with every word ya said! I was really impressed with everything I've seen speech wise. I'll be curious to see BJA's induction. Those are the kind of quotes that can change completely depending on his delivery.

After watching the performance once again, it's ridiculous how much better they sound than the current GNR. Myles can never outdo Axl though, so that's a no-discussion, but he did a good job. The band on the other hand shows what was magic about the AFD/UYI era. Never though they would sound so good. Finally a performance who sounds like GNR used to do and imo are supposed to do. If Axl were there it would have been a perfect night. No puns to Izzy, love him and would prefer him to be there, but with Gilby live, Izzy ain't that missed on the stage. Very cool of them to play with Gilby again, even if it really wasn't any other choice if it was supposed to sound right.

Yes this. They really were electric! It was incredible-the Slash/Adler combo is just magic!

Edited by Janis

New video of Green Day's induction speech from the crowd:

Good speech. AFD was were it was at. All the stuff he says about Welcome to the Jungle is spot on.

Did he say, when speaking about One In a Million 'They told a story of an Ignorant Farm Boy Who Moved To The City'. I never viewed it that way, then again,

I don't play Lies all that much. AFD and the UYI albums were always my favourites, along with TSI, and Live Era.

why the audio blank, then booing ?

(deep low slow voice) '..and you're fucking crazy..' - they're joking, in a nice way, Mr Rose :D

Edited by vaida

Jesus. Stop wanking over absurd technicalities. Yes, we know some mug called Tracii Guns, Ole Beich and Rob Gardner were in a band called Guns N Roses for all of 2 months

Original Guns n' Roses had Tracii Guns and the original singer to AC/DC was Dave Evans!!

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/332393

Watch the above video, it takes literally 5 seconds. I can't embed but it makes the post and is worth it.

Edited by DirtyDeeds

The funny thing is, The 'Slashites' boo because they love Axl too. Essentially, Slashites, are original GNR fans to the core.

I'll be curious to see BJA's induction. Those are the kind of quotes that can change completely depending on his delivery.

1) Essentially, Slashites are those who blame Axl for the break-up of the classic line up. Let's not kid anyone here

2) I heard BJA's induction first and it did sound like he was taking a dig at Axl.

Edited by The Archer

Heh, what a freaky situation. There's this Guns n' Roses run by Axl Rose, and then this other Guns n' Roses playing on some award ceremony. It's so weird! But the "other" GnR did sound pretty good. I still would prefer a new album from Axl over this lame induction thing.

There's only one Guns N' Roses and then there are old members who covers Guns N' Roses songs.

This.

I'll be curious to see BJA's induction. Those are the kind of quotes that can change completely depending on his delivery.

1) Essentially, Slashites are those who blame Axl for the break-up of the classic line up. Let's not kid anyone here

2) I heard BJA's induction first and it did sound like he was taking a dig at Axl.

I think being a Slashite means many things such as: you love old GNR with all members including Axl, you accept Axl's responsibility in purging members because they wouldn't do it his way, and you recognize that all the songs released as singles from Appetite, musically, were written by Slash/Izzy/Duff . Axl didn't write anything until he heard the riffs.

Being an Axlite means basically one thing...

Edited by zepsun

This.

There is (was) only one Guns N'Roses

Edited by vaida

This.

There is (was) only one Guns N'Roses

This.