OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

Nice PC version!! Myles doesn't blow the whistle as good as Axl, but the rest was way cool.

Myles might not blow the whistle as good as Axl but it seems like a lot of the posters who are upset at Myles performing want to blow Axl's whistle.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not get how anyone could be so opposed to them performing at the HOF last night. It was a night celebrating the music, and it looked like everyone on stage were having a blast. Put the drama aside, the music is what matters and I say good for them for rocking out and having a good time.

Myles sounds phenomenal. Not sure why everyone is upset he performed with them. Slash sounds amazing as well. Can't wait to see this on HBO. :D

+1.

Myles was the perfect choice for replacing Axl. I don't know how anyone can complain since it was Axl's choice not to go. I don't usually appreciate Myles's voice but he sounded really good yesterday, especially on Paradise City (not a huge fan of his SCOM). I liked how he kept to himself, humble and didn't try to steal anyone's thunder. Myles score a lot of points in my book. :thumbsup:

Myles sounds phenomenal. Not sure why everyone is upset he performed with them. Slash sounds amazing as well. Can't wait to see this on HBO. :D

+1.

Myles was the perfect choice for replacing Axl. I don't know how anyone can complain since it was Axl's choice not to go. I don't usually appreciate Myles's voice but he sounded really good yesterday, especially on Paradise City (not a huge fan of his SCOM). I liked how he kept to himself, humble and didn't try to steal anyone's thunder. Myles score a lot of points in my book. :thumbsup:

Agreed. Lots of respect for Myles canceling his plans and going out to Cleveland to fill in. I also have a lot of respect for Matt and Steven for splitting the drumming duties. Everybody involved had a great time and that's all that matters.

Nice PC version!! Myles doesn't blow the whistle as good as Axl, but the rest was way cool.

Myles might not blow the whistle as good as Axl but it seems like a lot of the posters who are upset at Myles performing want to blow Axl's whistle.

Yep. Just trying to point out how stupid some people can be. The band and Myles sounded great, and as a fan I definitely appreciate they were there and did their thing for us.

+1.

Same here! Myles really was the best choice. I was skeptical at first but he freakin nailed it! I was surprised at the amount of positive energy last night. I'm glad the way it turned out! :D

I object to all the headlines "Guns N' Roses minus Axl reunite". Izzy wasn't there either and has been overlooked. Best song writer in the group I think and it just shows the ignorance of the press in general. How can they talk so much shit about GNR and not know who the original lineup was and the importance of Izzzy Stradlin?

I do not get how anyone could be so opposed to them performing at the HOF last night. It was a night celebrating the music, and it looked like everyone on stage were having a blast. Put the drama aside, the music is what matters and I say good for them for rocking out and having a good time.

Said it several times now, I am not anti-Axl or the new band. In fact I love Chinese Democracy, all members of the current band, and have been on Axl's side since the 90's. But the people who keep criticizing these guys have their heads lodged squarely up their own asses. They can even make an impassioned plea in defence of Axl's childish letter and decision to stay home if they so desire. But these guys were members of Guns n' Fuckin' Roses during the halcyon days of AFD and UYI and were inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They had every right to be there last night to celebrate the band's legacy, the fans, and their own roles in rock history.

Bands perform at this event all the time, and rock bands generally have a singer. If the lead singer of this particular group chose to exile himself from the event, somebody else had to sing instead. Simple fucking concept.

I dont think anyone is "upset at Myles Performing".

To him is was just a cool thing to do, no horse in the race so to speak.

it's just the whole thing wasnt right, you dont have to perform, just accept the award and say a few things in respect to the honor, if you happen to take it as an honor.

But you dont play a GNR song while accepting a HOF induction with a cover singer.

And no one is blowing Axl's whistle, as someone who happens to think GNR is the greatest Rock and Roll band ever I would have felt the same way if Axl would have

done it with the new band, which he wouldnt have.

If Axl was gone or something, you could maybe do something in honor of his memory maybe, but the guy is still alive, the whole thing is just kind of stupid looking.

jmo

Yep. Just trying to point out how stupid some people can be. The band and Myles sounded great, and as a fan I definitely appreciate they were there and did their thing for us.

Agreed. I knew you were just taking the piss with the whistle comment so I elaborated. ;)

I dont think anyone is "upset at Myles Performing".

To him is was just a cool thing to do, no horse in the race so to speak.

it's just the whole thing wasnt right, you dont have to perform, just accept the award and say a few things in respect to the honor, if you happen to take it as an honor.

But you dont play a GNR song while accepting a HOF induction with a cover singer.

And no one is blowing Axl's whistle, as someone who happens to think GNR is the greatest Rock and Roll band ever I would have felt the same way if Axl would have

done it with the new band, which he wouldnt have.

If Axl was gone or something, you could maybe do something in honor of his memory maybe, but the guy is still alive, the whole thing is just kind of stupid looking.

jmo

Fair enough. I definitely respect your point of view. I was just being a smart ass with my comment but I was more referring to the posts that are like "I hate Slash and Steven" and that it was a "disgrace" and that kind of thing.

Yeah, Billy Joe certainly did.

And let’s see, who am I missing? [Crowd starts booing, presumably in response to Axl Rose's absence]

No, shut the f–k up, shut up, shut up! This man’s a bad ass f–king singer. He’s one of the best frontmen to ever touch a microphone. Your lyrics are heartfelt, passionate, angry and you tell the truth, no matter what the cost.

Edited by KiraMPD

@mattsorum

From today forward I will not be commenting on Guns N Roses . Or making any remarks about the future . Thank you to all the fans. The legacy continues without my commentary. Matt Sorum Former member of GNR

@Slash

I have to say, that was a really fn' great evening. Thanks to all the fans for the support. W/out that, nothing would have happened. IiiI; )'

@adlerrocks

It was so great to be a part of last night. Thank you everyone! Great way to end that chapter of my life now on to the future, lets ROCK!

Here is another, I am ripping the vids so it is easy to watch for everyone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnwy0ODkbck

source: http://www.rollingstone.com/videos/new-and-hot/guns-n-roses-adler-and-sorum-on-axl-rock-heroes-20120415#ooid=puMW9nNDpqkAgT87we8-0ZS8ZPkTf0r6

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: I can't stop laughing at Stevie. Fuck, he's so hilarious and goofy! Hahahahahaha!

PS: You should consider uploading these videos on a secondary account because all you have uploaded will be taken down (I guess) and your account will be closed =/.

Edited by pi2loc

@mattsorum

From today forward I will not be commenting on Guns N Roses . Or making any remarks about the future . Thank you to all the fans. The legacy continues without my commentary. Matt Sorum Former member of GNR

@Slash

I have to say, that was a really fn' great evening. Thanks to all the fans for the support. W/out that, nothing would have happened. IiiI; )'

@adlerrocks

It was so great to be a part of last night. Thank you everyone! Great way to end that chapter of my life now on to the future, lets ROCK!

Here is another, I am ripping the vids so it is easy to watch for everyone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnwy0ODkbck

source: http://www.rollingstone.com/videos/new-and-hot/guns-n-roses-adler-and-sorum-on-axl-rock-heroes-20120415#ooid=puMW9nNDpqkAgT87we8-0ZS8ZPkTf0r6

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: I can't stop laughing at Stevie. Fuck, he's so hilarious and goofy! Hahahahahaha!

I know, I laughed at this too! Gotta love Stevie!

Matt, shut the fuck up and let Stevie talk. :D

Made me really upset axl Izzy didn't show. They will end up regretting it.

Why? It was just an American award show for past accomplishment. There's been loads of them before and there will be more in the future. No big deal.

Edited by SoulMonster

BTW: Anyone else here felt oddly proud when they showed clips of the old concerts (Ritz, Tokyo, etc)?

Yes, brought a tear to my eye to see that. Made me really upset axl Izzy didn't show. They will end up regretting it.

That was the highlight for me and I was barely born when those clips were filmed! But it made me sort of proud that I am a fan of such a kick ass band and I basically ended up watching the entire 88 Ritz show afterwards. :D

I hardly think they'll end up "regretting" it. I think this means more in our minds as fans than it does to them. It's probably just another award to them, its not like they need further validation of their legacy. :shrugs:

Edited by KiraMPD

Yes- thanks for posting and they sound kick ass. Makes ya wonder why Axl needs (I don't even remember how many guys now...9+?) to perform.

Because to properly play Guns N' Roses' songs you need more members. E.g. to recreate AFD songs as they are on record, you need three guitars, to recreate CD songs as they are on record, you need keyboards and effects.

Yes- thanks for posting and they sound kick ass. Makes ya wonder why Axl needs (I don't even remember how many guys now...9+?) to perform.

Because to properly play Guns N' Roses' songs you need more members. E.g. to recreate AFD songs as they are on record, you need three guitars, to recreate CD songs as they are on record, you need keyboards and effects.

You do not need three sodding guitarists to recreate AFD songs. What a ridiculous comment. They did just fine back in the day. And Appetite wasn't recorded with 3 guitarists or 3 separate guitar tracks. It was Slash and Izzy.