OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My final thoughts on the RNR HOF induction and how it was handled:

Just a disclaimer, I love how it was handled! The constant drama of GN'R is one of the things that fascinates me and keeps me interested. But from a professional perspective, from an adult perspective, from a business sense perspective, there are the mistakes that were done:

Everyone inducted: As soon as it was official, the guys that were inducted should have started to communicate and at the very least released a joint statement thanking for the nomination, thanking each other, and thanking the fans. They should also inform the committee and the fans whether the intended to play and who should take part in that.

Steven: Attacking the current lineup was an incredibly unwise move. The "new guys" are professional musicians who have nothing to do with past accomplishments or the induction. They have nothing to do with things and should be left out of it. Steven antagonized Axl and must have made him less eager to participate.

Axl: It's okay to not want to attend, but let people know early. And what the hell is the nonsense about not being inducted in absentia? Are you so afraid to be associated with the old members and your old friends that you don't even want to share your name together with theirs on a plaque? Come on!

Duff and Slash: Going public a few days prior to the event when no one knew anything to say that you would like to play, and hence put all the blame for the 5 guys not playing together again when you haven't communicated with Axl, on him alone, is not nice. If you really wanted to play with Axl you should have communicated with him. It might not have worked, but at least then your eagerness to play would sound more sincere and less backstabbing.

Duff and Slash: Not thanking Axl and Izzy for their contributions is just rude.

All in all a fitting celebration of early Guns N' Roses. Now lets concentrate on current Guns N' Roses :)

Meanwhile on H.T.G.T.H., Jarmo saying that Slash & Duff are not original members but just a past lineup, and Axl is the only remaining original member since Izzy has left...

What a jerk...

Jarmo is such a god damn little wanker.... HTGTH used to be a cool place to post at one time until Axl acknowledged Jarmo... now is like Russian Police State... According to his logic Traci Guns should have been there last night being inducted. But then again Jarmo is likely on the GNR payroll somehow, how the fuck else can he go on tour to EVERY show.

Anyway great to see Slash and the boyz up there. Stevie looked so happy he might just blow up! And while I don't particularly care for Myles singing GNR tunes if Axl couldn't suck it up and sing three tunes with the guys with whom he was 1/5 of creating the best album of all time and pay a bit of homage to the fans that got them there he is a complete a utter child/man. I'm sorry his long, babbling, pseudo-intellectual.", woe is me, everyone is out to get me, letter was just in poor taste. He could have brought DJ and Dizzy, hung out at another table and got up and did the right thing. And the next day issued a statement saying "it was great to give back to the fans last night, this doesn't change the course of the new GNR and our path but thank you"

That would have been classy. But I guess you he'll never get over the fact Slash ate his baby :rolleyes:

My final thoughts on the RNR HOF induction and how it was handled:

Just a disclaimer, I love how it was handled! The constant drama of GN'R is one of the things that fascinates me and keeps me interested. But from a professional perspective, from an adult perspective, from a business sense perspective, there are the mistakes that were done:

Everyone inducted: As soon as it was official, the guys that were inducted should have started to communicate and at the very least released a joint statement thanking for the nomination, thanking each other, and thanking the fans. They should also inform the committee and the fans whether the intended to play and who should take part in that.

Steven: Attacking the current lineup was an incredibly unwise move. The "new guys" are professional musicians who have nothing to do with past accomplishments or the induction. They have nothing to do with things and should be left out of it. Steven antagonized Axl and must have made him less eager to participate.

Axl: It's okay to not want to attend, but let people know early. And what the hell is the nonsense about not being inducted in absentia? Are you so afraid to be associated with the old members and your old friends that you don't even want to share your name together with theirs on a plaque? Come on!

Duff and Slash: Going public a few days prior to the event when no one knew anything to say that you would like to play, and hence put all the blame for the 5 guys not playing together again when you haven't communicated with Axl, on him alone, is not nice. If you really wanted to play with Axl you should have communicated with him. It might not have worked, but at least then your eagerness to play would sound more sincere and less backstabbing.

Duff and Slash: Not thanking Axl and Izzy for their contributions is just rude.

All in all a fitting celebration of early Guns N' Roses. Now lets concentrate on current Guns N' Roses :)

Great points, SM.

It IS a little fitting that not even an honor like this (say what you want about the RRHOF, but about 98.4% of the country see it is an honor) can be done without all the drama and chaos that is/was that classic line up.

I'm glad all this shit is over so now everybody can just go back to complaining about the lack of new songs or a reunion or the set lists or endless CD tours or HTGTH or DJ's hat or......

that's the loudest I've ever heard Gilby's guitar, even going back to the 90s :xmasssanta:

So true. The poor guy is barely audible on the Tokyo DVDs and most other bootlegs I have from that period. He sounds pretty damn good louder! :thumbsup:

The guy I'm happiest for is Steven. That smile never left his face.

that's the loudest I've ever heard Gilby's guitar, even going back to the 90s :xmasssanta:

So true. The poor guy is barely audible on the Tokyo DVDs and most other bootlegs I have from that period. He sounds pretty damn good louder! :thumbsup:

The guy I'm happiest for is Steven. That smile never left his face.

Steven's smile is legendary. Great to see that he didn't lost it over the years.

how the hell can guns n' roses be inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame without any current members being there. what a joke. A bunch of ex-members and some guy who hangs out with CREED singing. absolutely awful. I cant wait to see what the current/real line-up come up with on the next album. God bless axl rose for sticking to his guns, im glad he didnt go.

how the hell can guns n' roses be inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame without any current members being there. what a joke. A bunch of ex-members and some guy who hangs out with CREED singing. absolutely awful. I cant wait to see what the current/real line-up come up with on the next album. God bless axl rose for sticking to his guns, im glad he didnt go.

Axl is equally silly, but in his own ways. :violin:

How was it disrespectful? Axl was invited along with Slash, Duff, etc, but chose not to go, and he's the only current member that should have been there. The best of GNR was there last night and they were amazing. Only thing that would have made it better would have been if Izzy showed up.