House Of Blues, West Hollywood, Califórnia, USA

Hatchepsut

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ben9785

Thank you for sharing sir.

People screaming Robin's name was great.

What did Axl say at the start? "About time"? Not wrong.

If this turns up on a DVD that is my guarantee to buy a copy of it, even if the rest is the other guy playing.

No problem man! Can't understand what Axl said, but it WAS indeed about time. :)

Let me say one more thing about this performance: what a refreshing thing is to hear the proper chords being played again instead of just power chords. Missed that, only Richard plays it nowadays.

Guest gunns5

No problem man! Can't understand what Axl said, but it WAS indeed about time. :)

Let me say one more thing about this performance: what a refreshing thing is to hear the proper chords being played again instead of just power chords. Missed that, only Richard plays it nowadays.

couldn't of said it better myself

It is funny that the same people who complain when reviewers mention Axl's weight or looks, are bashing DJ and one of the first things the bring up is his appearance.

And the majority of bands do specific things at specific times. Always have. It's just that in the old days you saw your show and that was it. But now it seems more programmed because you can go on YouTube and watch 50 different live performances of the same song.

What a player does in another show shouldn't effect the feeling you got at your show.

It is funny that the same people who complain when reviewers mention Axl's weight or looks, are bashing DJ and one of the first things the bring up is his appearance.

And the majority of bands do specific things at specific times. Always have. It's just that in the old days you saw your show and that was it. But now it seems more programmed because you can go on YouTube and watch 50 different live performances of the same song.

What a player does in another show shouldn't effect the feeling you got at your show.

DJ looks like an idiot wanna-be freak, Axl doesn't. I don't care about AshbaSwag's look though.

So that should only apply to Ashba and not everyone else in the band?

Very cool indeed but only a drop in the bucket compared to what could possibly happen at the HOF.

Where was Cashba during this? Reapplying his eyeliner?

Finck has known to have a major ego problem with other guitarist that are not 100% humble, like Buckethead. So I supposed Axl had to separate the Alpha lead guitarist...

That is why I love Bumblefoot, because he is humble as hell, and outshines everyone in his little corner of the universe.

You know one of the things that really annoys me about DJ Ashba.

Every interview is just a massive plug. Whether it's for his junk merch or Sixx AM or anything. The entire thing is just one cheesy infomercial. If it was anyone else in any other band this guy would be flamed out by every single person. How the hell can people say his image is cool? He looks like the biggest douche I've seen in my life.

Who cares how Ashba dresses? The man can play guitar and that's good enough for me.

Anddd, who gives a shit if he is promoting his clothing line during interviews? He's been our main source of information about the band for a while now. At least he's willing to do a bunch of interviews.

Edited by Chloe

Who cares how Ashba dresses? The man can play guitar and that's good enough for me.

Anddd, who gives a shit if he is promoting his clothing line during interviews? He's been our main soured of information about the band for a while now. At least he's willing to do a bunch of interviews.

Don't bother. Haters gonna hate...

Anddd, who gives a shit if he is promoting his clothing line during interviews? He's been our main soured of information about the band for a while now. At least he's willing to do a bunch of interviews.

Don't bother. Haters gonna hate...

Ive never had a problem with what he wears, just how he is always promoting himself as the next big thing and got nothing to show for it.

Has anyone even heard his music other than his work in Sixx A.M.? He talks about Beautiful Creatures and shit but I doubt anyone on hear has heard it. Sixx A.M. was a Nikki Sixx project and no one ever mentions him when they review the album it's always about Nikki.

He really has nothing to show for his sense of self entitlement.

Back in 2007, when I joined here:

- Robin is sloppy;

- Robin can't play SCOM;

- Robin is weird;

- Robin this;

- Robin that.

2009, after the Taiwan show:

- DJ is great;

- DJ brings a new vibe to this band;

- DJ doesn't fuck with the old songs;

- Now this really looks like a band, not a freak-show;

2012, today:

- DJ sucks;

- DJ is a Slash wanna-be;

- DJ can't play TIL;

- DJ keeps talking about his trademarks;

- Robin is amazing;

- Robin has feeling;

- Bring back Robin;

- Robin is Gn'R.

Wtf ? :confused:

Haha, you nailed it!

I LMAO, when i read about this...

Personally i think:

DJ is sucks

Robin is a bit better, but still sucks LIVE (except the last performance in the HOB)

if you think DJ Ashba is cool, you're a fool

You made my day :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol::thumbsup:

Robin's playing on this song seems to be much more fluid than Ashba's - Ashba seems to be trying too hard to look cool and maybe, just maybe play the riff correctly and Robin seems to be much more comfortable. Either way his playing is much better.

And, for Gods sake, release a fucking solo album already!

That's what bothers me about him - he should have released solo albums years ago. We only have a (very) few songs written by him but we dont know how far he can go songwriting-wise, so I think he's not some people's favorite at times because he seems to be the guy that only wrote Better and nothing else. He doesn't have solo albums or enough songwriting credits to back him up and that's a pity.

No dumb-ass tapping with the pic during the solo and no Hulk Hogan type posing during the song ?

Wow. What a surprise...

Hahaha! That's what I like about Robin the most - he apparently doesn't give a fuck to whoever is watching him. I mean, he respects them all and when someone is close to him he interacts with the person but he's in his own little world kicking the air and going crazy, doing crowd surfing and what not. I believe this is the same reason he does mistakes, because he's so into the song that he doesn't seems to be concentrated enough to hit every note. That's a possiblity, obviously...

DJ is just a better fit for the band, better fit than Bucket or Bumblefoot even...

Yes, because dressing like emo and trying too hard to be a (generic) rock star is what rock n' roll is about, right? Of course if you're into that cheesy and generic guitar playing (which you seem to be really into), you are right. But to me rock n' roll should be about not acting like people want you to act, playing what you want and not what people want to hear, so obviously Bucket and Ron (and Robin for that matter) are absolutely the best fit for new Guns.

Back in 2007, when I joined here:

- Robin is sloppy;

- Robin can't play SCOM;

- Robin is weird;

- Robin this;

- Robin that.

2009, after the Taiwan show:

- DJ is great;

- DJ brings a new vibe to this band;

- DJ doesn't fuck with the old songs;

- Now this really looks like a band, not a freak-show;

2012, today:

- DJ sucks;

- DJ is a Slash wanna-be;

- DJ can't play TIL;

- DJ keeps talking about his trademarks;

- Robin is amazing;

- Robin has feeling;

- Bring back Robin;

- Robin is Gn'R.

Wtf ? :confused:

You're totally correct.

I always liked Robin and never wanted him to leave, but I don't think bashing DJ will help, besides, liking him or not he brings a nice stage presence to the band. The swag/ merchandise thing is totally ignorable IMO :shrugs:

I hope this doesn't mean that DJ, Bfoot or Fortus are getting out of the band, unless, of course, it was their decision. I think that, perhaps, Axl called Robin to fill Ron's role in Europe (I know they performed together that night) while Bfoot is recovering from his injuries, that would make sense.

IMO it's the same thing that happened with Duff and Izzy: Axl is still friends with Robin and asked him to perform with them for the "good ol' times", nothing big.