Slash says Guns N Roses will not play at the RNRHOF

ApocalypticLove

They ARE gonna blame Axl. That's a fact.

Sad and pathetic, but true.

See below.

I'm sure that they'll still try to find a way to blame Axl though, he seems to be their favorite scapegoat for everything.

Because it is his fault they aren't playing.

The whole world knows the 6 other guys would be fine playing a few songs, but Axl is the one who won't participate. He will take some flack for it, and rightfully so.

Then why is it Slash that is shooting down any chance?

Axl isn't the one that said they had no chance of playing now, is he?

That's what I thought.

You think Slash wouldn't play a few songs with GNR at the show if Axl wanted to? Are you kidding?

Welcome to Nutterville. This is exactly how these people actually think.

I'm 100 times more of an Axl fan than a Slash fan, but even I'm not delusional enough to think that the reason the band isn't performaning isn't because Axl has chose not to.

Slash, Duff, Steven and Matt would do it in a heartbeat.

If Axl was on board, surely Izzy would make an appearance as well.

And heck, haven't we seen a couple quotes from current band members saying it would be cool to see the old band play a couple songs?

Anybody who actually believes that Slash (or Duff or Matt or Steven or Izzy) is the reason that GnR isn't performaning and not Axl gets my vote to be the mayor of Nutterville.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See below.

I'm sure that they'll still try to find a way to blame Axl though, he seems to be their favorite scapegoat for everything.

The whole world knows the 6 other guys would be fine playing a few songs, but Axl is the one who won't participate. He will take some flack for it, and rightfully so.

That's what I thought.

You think Slash wouldn't play a few songs with GNR at the show if Axl wanted to? Are you kidding?

I'm 100 times more of an Axl fan than a Slash fan, but even I'm not delusional enough to think that the reason the band isn't performaning isn't because Axl has chose not to.

And heck, haven't we seen a couple quotes from current band members saying it would be cool to see the old band play a couple songs?

Anybody who actually believes that Slash (or Duff or Matt or Steven or Izzy) is the reason that GnR isn't performaning and not Axl gets my vote to be the mayor of Nutterville.

Who in the hell are you calling a nutter Groghan??? I've said more negative about every version of the band than you ever will.

I seem to remember you going off, and me disagreeing with you, about wanting the mods to step in and stop people from throwing around that term. Now you throw it around in every other post I read from you.

Read the rest of my posts and dispute them if you wish, I'll be here.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

I imagine that Axl thinks it would damage his credability/future prospects (ticket sales) with New GNR if he were to play with the real Guns N'F'N Roses.

Whatever the reason is, still Axl's fault and Axl's decision. It doesn't surprise me though. :shrugs:

Well, Slash is going to release a new album and tour behind it and Axl is going to continue to tour with his band.

I can't see them wanting to perform together because it would only refuel GN'R reunion rumors, and both Axl and Slash are doing good right now on their own.

the fact that half of slash's set are GNR songs kind of suggests he wishes he was in GNR.

Not really. He helped write the songs, he's entitled to play them wherever he pleases.

That doesn't mean he wishes he was in GNR.

Anybody that thought Axl would play with the former members as a whole band under the GNR name is seriously tripping.

This. Anyone that thought they would play is delusional.

It's even funnier that the news came from Slash because now it's their heroes's fault.

How is it Slash's fault? He's just answering the question... lets be honest, does anyone really believe that anyone of the guys getting inducted would not want to preform besides Axl?

Im sure they would want to perform but I dont think they would reform at whatever cost. They all left for a reason apart from Steven and, to a man all said that the reason was Axl Rose. I disagree that every ex member is desperate to reunite and would give their left ball to do so. Remember that to them Axl is not this mythical genius that he is to some fans. To the old guys who lived and worked with him every single day he is just an unprofessional, ginger pain in the fucking ass who cost them all thousands and thousands of dollars every night by going on stage late.

I agree... but in regards to this performance I think all would hope stuff could be put aside for one night. if not just to celebrate their accomplishments. Doesn't mean there has to be a reunion or anything

Maybe the fact that they are not going to reunite and play has nothing to do with Axl or Slash. Did some of you arm chair managers/rockstars ever think that one of the other band members will not be there. Maybe they do not want to play unless all of the classic five are present.

I think it's just weirdly/badly written...."I could be positive Steven will be there" is also odd sounding.

Cut the writer some slack, it's not easy translating Canadian to English B)

:rofl-lol: I really did laugh out loud --- eh?

See below.

That's what I thought.

Who in the hell are you calling a nutter Groghan??? I've said more negative about every version of the band than you ever will.

I seem to remember you going off, and me disagreeing with you, about wanting the mods to step in and stop people from throwing around that term. Now you throw it around in every other post I read from you.

Read the rest of my posts and dispute them if you wish, I'll be here.

My bad, and my apologies.

I try not to pay attention to the names of the posters, as then it is easier to not carry grudges from topic to topic like a LOT of people do.

I know you are a strong poster. I was just responding to somebody saying that it was Slash's fault the band wasn't playing and not Axl's.

I didn't like the term nutter at first! But then one day I said something negative about Axl and had 3-4 people just go on an attack frenzy, and then the term "nutter" made perfect sense. People that worship Axl and think that he does nothing wrong. Nothing is his fault, it's ALWAYS everybody else's fault. And like I've said, I think the Nutters are just as toxic to the forum as the haters. I know it's a silly word, but it really summarizes these people to a T.

But back to topic....you really think that them not playing isn't soley 100% Axl's doing?

I'd bet money that everybody else involved would love to do a song or two at the show - except for Axl.

See below.

That's what I thought.

Seriously? Slash is the one who said they aren't playing because he, Dizzy, Matt, Steven, Duff and Izzy have all been badgered about it nonstop in every interview they've been doing the past month. How could the media ask Axl when it's impossible to even get an interview with him?

Slash just said what everyone assumed all along. Good. At least he put any false hope/rumors to bed now and fans won't get their hopes up.

Axl will get the brunt of the blame, and he deserves it. If he's not going to speak out and shed light on anything that's going on then people are going to continue to draw conclusions that he's the one fucking everything up. Every other member of the original lineup has answered questions about the uncertainty of the HOF, and all we got from Axl was a Tweet and him dancing around the issue in a NY Times article where the HOF wasn't even the focal point of the story.

That's what I thought.

The bit I'm focusing on is...

“And we’re not playing. I would imagine that they asked us to play but I know that we’re not playing.

What does that even mean?! Who is the "us" they asked if you are ambiguous about whether or not they asked you? You know you're not playing because that was partially you're decision or did someone tell you you can't/won't play?

Am I just reading into it too much? It seems like a weird thing to say. If he had said, “And we’re not playing. I would imagine that they asked us to play but I know that we’re not playing.” it would have been a much more clear-cut answer.

Exactly, that stood out to me too. So does tit mean that coz Axl owns the name that he has the authority to decide that they play? Doesn't make sense coz Slash wrote the songs too and has rights to perform them!

Why anyone is blaming slash or axl for something that isn't wrong.. I don't see the issue guys.. Are the hater/blamers here a bunch of 13 year old girls?? Seriously.. You are blaming one or the other person for not wanting to play in an event that they never asked for...

Whooopdifuckingdoodaa!! Why is it anyone's fault that they don't want to play??!?? Since when was that decision a wrong one??? sorry if they ruined your fantasy, but Jesus Christ... They dont give you an answer - you get upset.. They give you an answer... Sorry let me rephrase that .. They give you an answer that you didn't want to hear - you get upset..