Slash says Guns N Roses will not play at the RNRHOF

ApocalypticLove

yet to see one from you either...

But you use the Volcano school of arguments, so that's not a shock.

If Volcano used nothing but facts from the interview and then had to listen to you gibber on about nothing, then I am borrowing his style.

I guess.

that's probably how he saw it too :xmassrudolph:

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Volcano used nothing but facts from the interview and then had to listen to you gibber on about nothing, then I am borrowing his style.

I guess.

that's probably how he saw it too :xmassrudolph:

If you read the entire thread, anyone with a rational thought process would see it that way.

He's probably sad and angry because his dad and cupcake mentor isn't around here anymore. :shrugs:

The last person I needed any trolling lessons from was Volcano.

Judging from your pathetic attempt right there, you could stand to learn a few lessons though.

He's probably sad and angry because his dad and cupcake mentor isn't around here anymore. :shrugs:

The last person I needed any trolling lessons from was Volcano.

Judging from your pathetic attempt right there, you could stand to learn a few lessons though.

Yeah yeah. :laugh:

What's the point in discussing who has the most guilt in this story? Isn't that completely ridiculous? If you guys had shame, you would realize that you're only projecting a fight here that has nothing to do with you. Taking sides on this is more suited to old gossipers.

to be fair that kind of describes this forum to a T.

^^Thread should be dead^^

Hey that rhymes <_<

fuck me theres a lot of whiny little bitches out tonight,

heres my point of view, the band that we all grew up with and fell in love with should put their fucking differences aside get up on that stage and rock the fucking place till the building is fucking shaking like they did in the good old days thank everyone for coming, go have a feww beers after the show reminisce because there would be a lot of good times to talk about, say their goodbyes and go their separate ways.

LIFE IS TOO FUCKING SHORT FOR THIS PETTY BULLSHIT

heres my point of view, the band that we all grew up with and fell in love with should put their fucking differences aside get up on that stage and rock the fucking place till the building is fucking shaking like they did in the good old days thank everyone for coming, go have a feww beers after the show reminisce because there would be a lot of good times to talk about, say their goodbyes and go their separate ways.

And seriously ive seen fucking 5 year old kids acting more grown up than some of you lot its his fault, no its not its his fault, fucking pathetic.

You signed up for this???

How about you quote someone, explain how they are whining and being immature, and post some facts to back it up.

Running in to a thread and yelling at the top of your lungs at no one in particular doesn't improve the situation for anybody.

i signed up years ago i forgot my name and password cause not much happens with gnr these days i just read through that thread and thought fuck me are they seriously arguing over this shit, and by the way it was aimed at just a few not everyone so i do apologise, and i cant be fucked naming some of these idiots, i mean some of you think you know the band personally, its fuck all to do with you the shit that went on in the band and whether their playing or not playing is down to them to sort out, not for fucking idiots saying retarded shit about its him that doesnt want to play no its gotta be him, i personally think its axl slashs guitar is fucking glued to his hand

i read a lot of decent comments and arguments in this thread which make a lot of sense and i do enjoy reading, but the fucking idiots that turn it into a fight get a fucking life man, life is too short for that kinda shit, and for the band they should just grow up a bit and sort it out even just for their friendship too many years have passed already, and they will end up regretting it

The amount of drama and frustration that longtime hardcore fans of the original band have been through over the past few years, multiply that by a million and that's the level of frustration some of the band members themselves have been through. It's no wonder they're cynical about the chances of playing together.

That and the fact that with only about 3 weeks left until the induction the schedule for the night is being arranged and if it hasn't been decided on by now then it probably isn't happening

Lets be realistic here.... The old members would have to rehearse before the performance since axl and New GNR and old band play with a different style and some of the old members haven't played the songs for a while. This would mean they have to get their sound right for the the show... Which means they have to be on good terms with each other to do this.... And not all are, which = no chance. You cant just turn up and play. Also there would be legal stuff etc along with huge expectations for a tour by the fans. Not all fans but let's be honest here ...Most

Well, I don't like to talk about a reunion. First, I have no interest in the old guys working together. Slash and Izzy are too stuck in classic rock for my tastes. Second, it probably won't happen. Like many people say: there is just too much bad blood between Axl and Slash. Both of them are too egoccentric to give in and do something fun together. So, screw them.

For ONE NIGHT, that would be ok. It'd be so awkward, so weird but ok. IF, again, IF they play some songs together I wonder how the yes-men from the new band would feel. Would love to hear their comments. The "cover band" thing about the new guys would increase a lot, IMO.

awesome post!! well said !!

anything can happen on april 14th, no matter what slash said

it'll depend on the mood they're in

Again,

The point Smooth is trying to twist to help defend his lord and savior Axl, implies to those with common sense that Axl and Slash themselves haven't talked face to face, or man to man about their game plans. Doesn't mean their managers weren't talking to each other in terms of a performance. Each to their own.

I'm confident that Slash wouldn't throw a solid no to a performance, unless a solid no was given to him. NOTHING in this article means, or indicates he's the one refusing to play. He's just the messenger in this scenario. And actually, I think he should be commended for not keeping the fans in the dark any longer.

In the song Prostitute, Axl asked us "What would you say if I told you that I'm to blame?"

Certain fans, though, have finally given us the answer. "No, Slash is!"

even just for their friendship too many years have passed already, and they will end up regretting it

Right...that friendship...Axl's convinced Slash is a top hatted demon from hell trying to ruin his life so...

Edited by Flayer

Again,

The point Smooth is trying to twist to help defend his lord and savior Axl, implies to those with common sense that Axl and Slash themselves haven't talked face to face, or man to man about their game plans. Doesn't mean their managers weren't talking to each other in terms of a performance. Each to their own.

I'm confident that Slash wouldn't throw a solid no to a performance, unless a solid no was given to him. NOTHING in this article means, or indicates he's the one refusing to play. He's just the messenger in this scenario. And actually, I think he should be commended for not keeping the fans in the dark any longer.

If management was talking do you really think that Slash would say that Steven is the only one he is sure of showing up?

I know that it is impossible for you to come to terms with the fact that Slash obviously doesn't want to play, but all of the false interpretations of his words that you can come to don't change the reality of what he said.

I know that it is impossible for you to come to terms with the fact that Slash obviously doesn't want to play, but all of the false interpretations of his words that you can come to don't change the reality of what he said.

From my read of this article, it's pretty obvious he wasn't eager or excited to play. Says nothing about whether he would or would not if offered to.

incredibly tempted to sell my tickets now

How much

I dont know, I will see what market value is on Stubhub, I imagine prices will plummet once word gets out about their being no "reunion"

I love how Slash always makes believe that he does not understand the public's fascination with Guns N Roses and it was something in his "past"

I hate to break it to you Slash, but you and everyone knows Guns N Roses is the only reason people care about you

I aint gonna lie, if they do not perform at the Rock N Roll hall of fame I think I am done with this band and everyone in it, including ex-members

I think he's just tired of being asked about a band and former singer he's had nothing to do with in 16 years. That's all it is.

whatever, we all know that is the only reason people care about him, GNR was the biggest band in the world for about 5 years and probably the last of these mega bands that took over the world

He always has to make believe like he does not understand the public's fascination with Guns N Roses

Just embrace it you fake bastard

He does or he used to, but people then said he was living off the past. He truly cant win, at every turn people who claim to be Guns N Roses fans pour ridicule and disrespect on the guy.

I'll defend Axl when it's warranted, but anyone who thinks the band won't play because Slash doesn't want to, is seriously delusional. I'm not even saying they have to play, but if Axl was down for it I don't believe for a second any of the other guys would say no.

Also, this "we haven't talked about it" storyline that is coming from just about everybody, is a fucking smokescreen. It's probably technically true, in that Axl and Slash have likely not spoken directly to discuss this, but intermediaries from all parties MUST HAVE discussed what is going to happen. I would estimate there is a 0.0000000000000000000001 % chance that somebody in Axl's camp has not discussed the RRHOF ceremony with people in the other band member's camps.

From my read of this article, it's pretty obvious he wasn't eager or excited to play. Says nothing about whether he would or would not if offered to.

He said that they weren't playing. He also said that he is only sure of Steven showing up and that he hasn't talked to Axl.

If he has no communication with anyone and he has any intentions of playing, why would he say that they won't?

He said that they weren't playing. He also said that he is only sure of Steven showing up and that he hasn't talked to Axl.

If he has no communication with anyone and he has any intentions of playing, why would he say that they won't?

Because that's the implication of no planning being done for it? Who knows, maybe they will change their mind and talk at the last minute, but as things stand right now, it doesn't look like they'll perform.

Edited by Flayer