Slash says Guns N Roses will not play at the RNRHOF

ApocalypticLove

Even if Slash is to blame I can't say I blame him. He has a great fucking band (and a functional one) with great chemistry and one of the best singers around at the moment. I'd love to see Guns N Roses play together again but Slash is fine doing what he's doing - go see one of his shows (fucking amazing time without any of the drama or crybabying I've had to suffer both times I've seen Axl).

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that it is impossible for you to come to terms with the fact that Slash obviously doesn't want to play, but all of the false interpretations of his words that you can come to don't change the reality of what he said.

From my read of this article, it's pretty obvious he wasn't eager or excited to play. Says nothing about whether he would or would not if offered to.

He said that they weren't playing. He also said that he is only sure of Steven showing up and that he hasn't talked to Axl.

If he has no communication with anyone and he has any intentions of playing, why would he say that they won't?

Because that's the implication of no planning being done for it? Who knows, maybe they will change their mind and talk at the last minute, but as things stand right now, it doesn't look like they'll perform.

That's not my point.

Why would he shoot down any chance of them playing without consulting anybody?

The only logical conclusion that I can come to is that he doesn't want to play.

I'm having serious difficulties seeing how anyone sees it any differently.

We all read what he said. I am taking everything he said at face value. Every counter-argument to my point has added personal opinion, and that throws everything out of the window.

We all read what he said. I am taking everything he said at face value. Every counter-argument to my point has added personal opinion, and that throws everything out of the window.

No, it's really not the only logical conclusion. That's why everyone is disagreeing with you. He could feel there's simply no hope for it.

I think perhaps we should take a time-oot from the blame game and try to look at the bigger picture...

Legendary guitarist Slash really didn’t want to talk about the April 14 induction of the classic Guns N’ Roses lineup into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame while in Toronto Wednesday, growing increasingly uncomfortable at questions about the event.

They are UNCOMFORTABLE and Slash doesn't want to talk about even though he says he wants to put the stuff with Axl behind him. I get the impression that he wants to avoid that confrontation but is only attending out of obligation. The same might go for Axl.

The reality is that its been 16 years and they aren't band-mates/best-friends/soul-mates/lovers/whatever anymore. I'm sure if asked to play Slash would do it but I get a strong feeling that it would be a repeat of the VR reunion (i.e. visibly AWKWARD with Slash sticking to his side of the stage looking bored/grumpy and Axl doing the same on his side). I honestly get the impression that internally Slash feels relived that he doesn't have to play with the old lineup/Axl.

Maybe we should just let go of the fan-fantasy... :shrugs:

Edited by KiraMPD

Also, this "we haven't talked about it" storyline that is coming from just about everybody, is a fucking smokescreen. It's probably technically true, in that Axl and Slash have likely not spoken directly to discuss this, but intermediaries from all parties MUST HAVE discussed what is going to happen. I would estimate there is a 0.0000000000000000000001 % chance that somebody in Axl's camp has not discussed the RRHOF ceremony with people in the other band member's camps.

I agree, not to mention they all must have consulted each other on who to invite as their presenter. This isn't the current version of GNR we are talking about, Axl can't call all the shots on the HOF and make the decisions himself. It had to be discussed among all the inducted band members, whether through third parties or not.

You know, what would be really fucked up is if Axl (who owns the GNR name, btw) to allow a group who hasnt been under that name for 15 years to replace the 'new' band particularly for one night at the RnR HOF. I dont blame him. He's not a Yes-man. I think Slash and Axl will play together one day, but it'll be at some one off gig like they did with Duff, Izzy, etc when there isnt so much awkwardness, and disrespect inevitably aimed at the 'new' band. Axl doesnt wanna disrespect what the GNR name has meant for the last 10-15 years. Slash doesnt feel comfortable either in this circumstance probably. People act like this is the last chance. People, this is GNR. Nothing works according to tradition. I wouldnt be surprised if the original lineup releases a great RnR album when they're all 75 years old.

Even if Slash is to blame I can't say I blame him.

Haha, well, that says a lot about you, doesn't it?

Slash is not to blame. I doubt Axl wants to perform too. It would only fuck up current GnR even more. It would damage both Slash and Axl. I'm actually glad they agree on something. What I'm surprised about is that Slash actually had the balls to step up and say it to the media himself. It'd be a lot better if he just let Axl ruin it and say what he said a couple times before in interviews when asked about what keeps 'em from having a reunion "It's Axl, it's always been Axl."

I think you're kind of missing the point. There is a difference between you think or would guess has happened, and what you KNOW for a fact has happened. None of us know ANYTHING for a fact. And without knowing anything for a fact as to whose decision it was, whether or not it was person's decision or multiple parties' choice, the blame is being automatically shifted to one party.

Ali

I think we all know that in your mind this wouldn't have been Axl's fault even if he'd daubed a confession in dog shit six feet high across your living room wall and sent a picture to your Grandma of him standing next to it with his cock out! :rolleyes:

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

You know, what would be really fucked up is if Axl (who owns the GNR name, btw) to allow a group who hasnt been under that name for 15 years to replace the 'new' band particularly for one night at the RnR HOF. I dont blame him. He's not a Yes-man. I think Slash and Axl will play together one day, but it'll be at some one off gig like they did with Duff, Izzy, etc when there isnt so much awkwardness, and disrespect inevitably aimed at the 'new' band. Axl doesnt wanna disrespect what the GNR name has meant for the last 10-15 years. Slash doesnt feel comfortable either in this circumstance probably. People act like this is the last chance. People, this is GNR. Nothing works according to tradition. I wouldnt be surprised if the original lineup releases a great RnR album when they're all 75 years old.

He would be playing with the guys that started GnR and the ones that are Being inducted to celebrate past accomplishments. How is that disrespectful to the current guys? The current band is able to tour the world and have a record contract and tour sponsors because of what was created in the past. I'll say it again go out and celebrate what u created that has stood the test of time. Enjoy yourself! Put the past bad Demond's behind forgive and forget! U can honor the past and still respect the future

He would be playing with the guys that started GnR and the ones that are Being inducted to celebrate past accomplishments. How is that disrespectful to the current guys? The current band is able to tour the world and have a record contract and tour sponsors because of what was created in the past. I'll say it again go out and celebrate what u created that has stood the test of time. Enjoy yourself! Put the past bad Demond's behind forgive and forget! U can honor the past and still respect the future

It would be disrespectful because the guys in Gnr right now are Gnr. What's difficult to understand about that? Everyone has shit on the 'new' lineup forever and this would only worsen it - and Axl himself would be responsible for it. "Please welcome to the stage, 2012 Hall of Fame inductees, Guns n fucking Roses!!" and nobody from the last 15 years is on the stage? I would be more open to the original lineup on the HOF stage if also Tommy, Buckethead, Robin, Ron, Brain, and Frank were also up there somehow. Of course the logistics of that would be a nightmare, but whatever. Either do it right or dont do it at all (which is what they're apparently going to do).

Edited by Eu4ic

It would be disrespectful because the guys in Gnr right now are Gnr.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nurse! Nurse!!!! We got a live one here! Bring the rubber hose and the restraints before he does some harm to himself or others! :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

What's difficult to understand about that? Everyone has shit on the 'new' lineup forever and this would only worsen it - and Axl himself would be responsible for it. "Please welcome to the stage, 2012 Hall of Fame inductees, Guns n fucking Roses!!" and nobody from the last 15 years is on the stage? I would be more open to the original lineup on the HOF stage if also Tommy, Buckethead, Robin, Ron, Brain, and Frank were also up there somehow. Of course the logistics of that would be a nightmare, but whatever. Either do it right or dont do it at all (which is what they're apparently going to do).

Are you okay there sunshine? You need to take a lie down in a darkened room with some lithium and a glass of warm milk? I mean seriously how can you not understand that the "Gn'R" lineup of the last 15 years has NOTHING to do with this night! They shouldn't even be invited and I'm sure that every one of them to a man would agree with me wholeheartedly!

Three simple words for you which sums up succinctly what this is all about! Appetite for Destruction! Well that and the Illusions to a lesser extent but if you joined the band after 93 you ain't getting honoured here and nor should you be!

He just couldn’t speak to the attendance of the rest of the GNR classic lineup, specifically GNR lead singer Axl Rose.

“I don’t know. I would assume so but we haven’t talked about it,” he said

Does it mean they've been in talks but not about the HOF?

Remember that Eddie Trunk comment regarding how Axl and Slash have been cool with each others lately?

Dazey -

After filtering through your hysterics and over the top insistance Eu4ic was mentally unstable, there really wasn't any substance in your post that countered anything he said.

I was making fun of him for being silly. I thought you'd have recognised that of me by now big lad. ;) I'm right and I'll bet you £10.50 and a chinese burn on it! How soon can you have your money in escrow? :lol:

They shouldn't even be invited

Are you saying that they shouldn't even be present at the event (I mean as part of the audience/Axl n Dizzy cheering squad)? If so, harsh...

If not, sorry for misunderstanding.

They should be there. They're playing with Axl now and I think the new guys really respect the original members.

Are you saying that they shouldn't even be present at the event (I mean as part of the audience/Axl n Dizzy cheering squad)? If so, harsh...

If not, sorry for misunderstanding.

I'm saying they have no right to feel entitled to be there but I have no problem with them attending if they want. Simply that the version of Guns n' Roses that this is all about ceased to exist to all intents and purposes back in Argentina in 1993.

They should be there. They're playing with Axl now and I think the new guys really respect the original members.

To be honest I was exaggerating saying they shouldn't be invited but I tend to do that when people make ridiculous statements like "this IS Guns n' Roses" and claim the new guys have more of a right to the name than the real band. Actually I'd better add "or at least words to that effect" so I don't end up in a ten page argument over semantics with some numpty. :lol:

No, it's really not the only logical conclusion. That's why everyone is disagreeing with you. He could feel there's simply no hope for it.

Shouldn't he have asked everybody else then?

I'm not sure how you do things, but if I had any interest in doing something I would make sure there was no chance that it was happening before telling anyone that I wasn't going to do it.

I would at least check in to what the other members wanted to do before shooting it down.

I know that I'm not Slash, but I think that any normal person might do the same.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

But he wasn't being silly and you offered nothing to support your premise that he was being silly.

He was being very silly and now so are you! Okay I'll throw in a couple cream horns a bear claw and a danish! How soon can you make your pastries from the dough?

On topic. His contention that it would be an insult to the current band for Axl to take the stage in honour of Appetite with the guys who created it is ridiculous!

Axl doesnt wanna disrespect what the GNR name has meant for the last 10-15 years.

The sad truth is that to the vast majority of people outside of these forums the Gn'R name has meant very little these past 15 years so he'd hardly be harming his legacy for a one night only affair giving the fans what they want to see.