Slash says Guns N Roses will not play at the RNRHOF

ApocalypticLove

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Slash is using reverse psychology. If it was someone else that had made the decision, surely he would've blamed it on them.

And Axl was so vague about it in his TMS interview. You'd think he would want to be the one to have the final say, if he was completely against performing.

I think this whole thing is being played out for drama and press and we still don't know exactly what will happen! Even the question of who will induct them remains unanswered except by rumors! So mysterious. Drama.

Makes sense. Building all this drama would make a reunion performance even more epic.

Not that I really think they'll perform, but we know Axl especially likes "surprises". The 2002 VMA's, the New York club shows in 2010, playing Civil War out of the blue, having Duff come out and play some songs, etc.

It would make sense.

And where did this "possible Axl appearance" stem from? The guys themselves, or press related "I heard from the grapevine" crap? Because from what we know from later on, Axle had a straight up rabid hatred for Slash, Duff and Axl weren't cool yet, there were back and forth lawsuits going about, so I just can't see how anybody in the band could have thought Axl was going to show up. Looks more like the press was just milking that reunion crowd, and strengthens Slash's implications that he did want to do a half assed reunion, when it wasn't a reunion. Seemed like he was trying to dodge a media frenzy.

It doesn't matter where it stems from. The point is that if you read the comments in their entirety, there is no indication given by Slash that his decision to not play that night was anything other than an independent one.

Ali

Yeah, it was his decision. But it's apples and oranges. If you read the comments seems like he doesn't want to promote a half assed reunion as a gnr reunion. He pretty much says this. Pretty hard to interpret it any other way.

The hof is on a much bigger scale. Slash has said in the past he'd be willing to do it if they could start communicating. They all realize how important this is to the fans. I'm confident slash wouldn't have told the fans no, unless a confirmed no was given to him. He was just being the messenger, and nothing he's said in this current article suggests that he's the reason a reunion performance at the hof is not happening

He doesn't say that in relation to it being half-assed or being related to Axl's appearance or lack thereof that night.

It's not apples and oranges, therefore. The HOF is on a bigger scale, but the underlying question is one of a reunion regardless of the occasion.

Ali

The way he says "I can't support it, because that's not what it is", seems to mean that he didn't want to support the impression that this was a gnr reunion, when it wasn't. Why wasn't it? Hmm. Seems like an easy enough puzzle...

Keep reaching. He made no mention of knowing Axl's plans.

Ali

Lolololol....now That was fucking funny.

Perhaps slash is not gonna play because axl hasn't agreed to practice, won't talk to him , scared of him backing out if he did agree, etc, and he starts feeling those feelings he used to feel when dealing with axl, and was like fuck this! Not again.

Just a thought.

I still say axl won't be there at all. The other guys will all show and play with some other singer doing the classics.

Lolololol....now That was fucking funny.

Perhaps slash is not gonna play because axl hasn't agreed to practice, won't talk to him , scared of him backing out if he did agree, etc, and he starts feeling those feelings he used to feel when dealing with axl, and was like fuck this! Not again.

Just a thought.

I still say axl won't be there at all. The other guys will all show and play with some other singer doing the classics.

That's exactly why Axl is likely going, because if he's there, either GNR will do the songs, or no one will. There won't be a GNR karaoke night, and I don't think Slash, Duff, and Izzy will do the songs without Axl.

We'll see what happens, right?

This thread is still going?

It seems the fans have more to argue about "who's better, Slash or Axl?" than the original band members who fell out.

Interpreting everything that is said, mind reading into every word, only 2 people know the true story...ohh but wait a minute - they're not talking :violin:

Anybody that thought Axl would play with the former members as a whole band under the GNR name is seriously tripping.

This. Anyone that thought they would play is delusional.

It's even funnier that the news came from Slash because now it's their heroes's fault.

I'm sure that they'll still try to find a way to blame Axl though, he seems to be their favorite scapegoat for everything.

I totally agree with you. Axl always gets the blame for anything related to GNR. I think it sucks! I don't think any of the original members want to play with each other anymore. They've moved on now and they're happy with their lives.

Just seeing the original lineup on stage accepting this award is very important for all of them, so if that's it, then that's it. I'm just happy to see them together even if it's for the last time.

Anybody that thought Axl would play with the former members as a whole band under the GNR name is seriously tripping.

This. Anyone that thought they would play is delusional.

It's even funnier that the news came from Slash because now it's their heroes's fault.

I'm sure that they'll still try to find a way to blame Axl though, he seems to be their favorite scapegoat for everything.

I totally agree with you. Axl always gets the blame for anything related to GNR. I think it sucks! I don't think any of the original members want to play with each other anymore. They've moved on now and they're happy with their lives.

Just seeing the original lineup on stage accepting this award is very important for all of them, so if that's it, then that's it. I'm just happy to see them together even if it's for the last time.

There's a world of difference of what they discuss among friends & each other vs what they'll tell someone in an interview. And you're not going to know much about someone through an interview, because they're trying to promote something.

I think they're all at the point where they'd rather discuss the fun times and the legacy of GNR.

The cool thing to do is to either play together again to see if they can still do it, or never play together again, to preserve the "portrait of the artists as young men".

Ali-

No one knows anyone on here which is exactly why insults are humorous and Not to be taken personal. If you let that reach around comment hurt your feelings well that is pathetic.

It's all in good fun man. Roll with the punches. I really hope no one takes the shit on here seriously.

Wicked... Lol

Edited by The Wicked Hand

Ali-

No one knows anyone on here which is exactly why insults are humorous and Not to be taken personal. If you let that reach around comment hurt your feelings well that is pathetic.

It's all in good fun man. Roll with the punches. I really hope no one takes the shit on here seriously.

Wicked... Lol

I understand, it's just a little annoying when you're trying to have a dialogue about a topic, and it gets sidetracked by that stuff. Like you said, no one here knows anyone so the opinions of me based on simply my views on GN'R are weightless.

Ali

Ali-

Wicked... Lol

I understand, it's just a little annoying when you're trying to have a dialogue about a topic, and it gets sidetracked by that stuff. Like you said, no one here knows anyone so the opinions of me based on simply my views on GN'R are weightless.

Ali

But you never having a dialogue with people, and that is why guys like dazey resort to insults when talking to you. Axl could blow up a day care of disabled children and you would come on here and defend him. Every conversation you have on this forum is 100% Axl worshiping. You seem like a pretty intelligent guy.....but you are kind of a joke on this forum because of how much you worship everything Axl does, and how you try and dictate to everybody what they can and can't post.

Any chance you can just lighten up a little? Have a little fun. Relax. Just chat with people.

Ali-

Wicked... Lol

Ali

But you never having a dialogue with people, and that is why guys like dazey resort to insults when talking to you. Axl could blow up a day care of disabled children and you would come on here and defend him. Every conversation you have on this forum is 100% Axl worshiping. You seem like a pretty intelligent guy.....but you are kind of a joke on this forum because of how much you worship everything Axl does, and how you try and dictate to everybody what they can and can't post.

Any chance you can just lighten up a little? Have a little fun. Relax. Just chat with people.

That's what I do. I don't dictate what can and can't be posted. I voice a disagreement if it's there. Having a difference of opinion is no reason to resort to insults. It doesn't do anything constructive anyway.

Ali

What's with all the hate for Slash now? Slash was/is hoping someday the original GN'R will get together for one show and have fun. Axl wants to do things his way. Slash wants to make peace with Axl and Axl doesn't. It isn't Slash's fault they are not playing. Blame it on Waxl Rose and his whambulance driver because one day out of the rest of his life he can't make peace with Slash. As was stated before in this thread, Slash was most likely a messenger, telling people what his manager said, that is all. If Axl really wanted to play the HOF and wanted the original lineup to play I'm sure Slash would hop on stage faster than Superman flying around the world. Jebus people, you take things way to much out of context. The original GN'R is not playing because of Slash or "things he said". It's Axl who is to blame. All you "Axllites need to quit sucking Mr. Rose's nutsack. I am no Axlite or Slashalite, (even though I may sound like a Slashalite right now). I like the new band as much as the old band, I like all the former members and the work they have done over the years, but t solely blame Slash, wtf? He just said they are not playing. Does that mean he doesn't want to be on stage with Axl, does that mean he doesn't want a reunion? Hell no. He simply just said "no performance".

Great post. :thumbsup:

"Blah, blah blah, get off Axl's nutsack because I am too firmly attached to Slash's buttcheeks to ever think that he could possibly be guilty of anything. Axl is obviously pulling the strings and making sure that Slash is saying exactly what he is supposed to say. I can't believe that anyone would think that Slash could ever say anything on his own. By the way guys, I really don't chew on Slash's dingleberries. Really, I don't."

There, I made a nice tldr version for you. You're welcome.

yeah you're not funny

Death Star was spot on, obviously you have a bias for Axl. Is it really impossible for people to take a step back and look at this realistically? Forget about who you like more for whatever reasons and look at the facts: Axl never wants to do anything with Slash ever again, Slash is open to patching things up. If its so important to you to blame any of them, how can you possibly point the finger at Slash? Guns N' Roses isn't not playing the RNRHOF because Slash said so, they aren't playing because Axl still hates Slash and refuses to work with him. This should be common sense by now.

and yeah, Ali is one of the most one sided posters in the history of this forum, which is really saying something

Edited by sweetness

yeah you're not funny

Death Star was spot on, obviously you have a bias for Axl. Is it really impossible for people to take a step back and look at this realistically? Forget about who you like more for whatever reasons and look at the facts: Axl never wants to do anything with Slash ever again, Slash is open to patching things up. If its so important to you to blame any of them, how can you possibly point the finger at Slash? Guns N' Roses isn't not playing the RNRHOF because Slash said so, they aren't playing because Axl still hates Slash and refuses to work with him. This should be common sense by now.

and yeah, Ali is one of the most one sided posters in the history of this forum, which is really saying something

If I cared about amusing you in the least, I might take offense to that.

So either Slash doesn't want to play, or he is lying about having contact with the other members. Which is it? Wake up to reality and pick one.

It has everything to do with Slash's words and not the personal bias that you people want to include here. I didn't answer the questions for him. If he's going to lie about something so simple, I wonder what else he lies about though.

Guns N' Roses isn't not playing the RNRHOF because Slash said so, they aren't playing because Axl still hates Slash and refuses to work with him. This should be common sense by now.

If that is true, then why is Slash protecting Axl by not saying that? If I were Slash and one member of the old band was preventing an induction performance from happening, I sure as hell would publicly say who that member is with the hope it would get them to change their mind. I wouldn't say it with anger or hostility, just matter of fact.

Nobody wants to be the bad guy, nobody wants to come off looking like an asshole not only to the millions of GNR fans worldwide but also to the millions of viewers who will be watching the show expecting to see a performance. Axl says as much in the below quote. In fact, if Axl is not the one preventing a performance - and my gut feeling is he's not - he should make a point to publicly say so.

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/News/Axl-Rose-1221-2011/

Rose says he doesn’t want to turn the original band’s Hall of Fame induction into a forum for his gripes against his former bandmates. Axl says, “People don’t want that associated with their awards shows, even if you have a big audience. In one way it might be right, but it usually backfires on whoever does it. So I really don’t want to spoil it for everybody else – or take the beating.”

What's with all the hate for Slash now? Slash was/is hoping someday the original GN'R will get together for one show and have fun. Axl wants to do things his way. Slash wants to make peace with Axl and Axl doesn't. It isn't Slash's fault they are not playing. Blame it on Waxl Rose and his whambulance driver because one day out of the rest of his life he can't make peace with Slash. As was stated before in this thread, Slash was most likely a messenger, telling people what his manager said, that is all. If Axl really wanted to play the HOF and wanted the original lineup to play I'm sure Slash would hop on stage faster than Superman flying around the world. Jebus people, you take things way to much out of context. The original GN'R is not playing because of Slash or "things he said". It's Axl who is to blame. All you "Axllites need to quit sucking Mr. Rose's nutsack. I am no Axlite or Slashalite, (even though I may sound like a Slashalite right now). I like the new band as much as the old band, I like all the former members and the work they have done over the years, but t solely blame Slash, wtf? He just said they are not playing. Does that mean he doesn't want to be on stage with Axl, does that mean he doesn't want a reunion? Hell no. He simply just said "no performance".

Great post. :thumbsup:

"Blah, blah blah, get off Axl's nutsack because I am too firmly attached to Slash's buttcheeks to ever think that he could possibly be guilty of anything. Axl is obviously pulling the strings and making sure that Slash is saying exactly what he is supposed to say. I can't believe that anyone would think that Slash could ever say anything on his own. By the way guys, I really don't chew on Slash's dingleberries. Really, I don't."

There, I made a nice tldr version for you. You're welcome.

yeah you're not funny

Aww, coming from you that really....means nothing. :)

I must've missed the confirmation of Izzy's appearance.

Ali

yeah you're not funny

If I cared about amusing you in the least, I might take offense to that.

So either Slash doesn't want to play, or he is lying about having contact with the other members. Which is it? Wake up to reality and pick one.

It has everything to do with Slash's words and not the personal bias that you people want to include here. I didn't answer the questions for him. If he's going to lie about something so simple, I wonder what else he lies about though.

What is he lying about exactly? Look, if you want to hate Slash for telling us how the RNRHOF is going to go down, go ahead. I don't give a fuck. If you really think Axl's hands are clean and he would be willing to play a short set with the original members then you are a moron.

Question

What is he lying about exactly?

Answer

...about having contact with the other members.

^ its right there...

Honestly the situation is too ambiguous for people to start pointing fingers already (although I know somehow its all Axl's fault regardless). Can't we just wait before we start the name calling? Just 20-odd days to go people! Have a little patience.

:P

Guns N' Roses isn't not playing the RNRHOF because Slash said so, they aren't playing because Axl still hates Slash and refuses to work with him. This should be common sense by now.

If that is true, then why is Slash protecting Axl by not saying that? If I were Slash and one member of the old band was preventing an induction performance from happening, I sure as hell would publicly say who that member is with the hope it would get them to change their mind. I wouldn't say it with anger or hostility, just matter of fact.

Nobody wants to be the bad guy, nobody wants to come off looking like an asshole not only to the millions of GNR fans worldwide but also to the millions of viewers who will be watching the show expecting to see a performance. Axl says as much in the below quote. In fact, if Axl is not the one preventing a performance - and my gut feeling is he's not - he should make a point to publicly say so.

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/News/Axl-Rose-1221-2011/

Rose says he doesn’t want to turn the original band’s Hall of Fame induction into a forum for his gripes against his former bandmates. Axl says, “People don’t want that associated with their awards shows, even if you have a big audience. In one way it might be right, but it usually backfires on whoever does it. So I really don’t want to spoil it for everybody else – or take the beating.”

WHERE HAVE YOU GUYS BEEN FOR THE LAST 20 YEARS???

Axl has publicly stated several times that he will never perform with Slash ever again, he even called the man a cancer in an exclusive interview, I don't think he needs to re-establish that just for the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame, but if you read the Axl quote you posted carefully that's exactly what he's saying. He doesn't believe it could work even if they tried to perform.

But go ahead and hate Slash for it

Aww, coming from you that really....means nothing. :)

I must've missed the confirmation of Izzy's appearance.

Ali

I'm glad it doesn't mean anything to you, there would be a problem if it did, because you're that one sided. Have fun being boring and predictable

No, anyone who doesn't have the maturity to have a dialogue without attacking someone on a personal level is the fool. Personal attacks over a difference of opinion on a band always make the attacker look like a fool, especially when you consider how asinine it is to attack someone on a personal level you don't know and will never, ever know.

Try again next time!

Ali

It's got nothing to do with differing opinions because you don't have opinions. You have ONE opinion which you repeat ad infinitum until it becomes some knid of mantra The thing I posted about you a few pages back with the massive "FART" in it was a little insulting but it sums up your posts to a tee it really does.

I mean seriously without even reading your response to a negative comment about Axl I'm sure any one of us could read the comment, write an "Ali" response and be pretty much 90% correct in quoting you having not even read your post.

There are a lot of people on here I disagree with and have argued with. Take Groghan or Tiny Dancer for example. We agree on very little and at least one of them thinks I'm a total sleazebag (:lol:) but I like them as posters because they put forward good arguments.

You're just incredibly boring and predictable in every post you make and it's got to the point where it's so laughable you've become almost a characature of yourself. Well that and the fact that you insist on adding that stupid fucking sig at the end of your posts.

As if we need telling twice who we've just seen sucking Axl's plums for the 50th time in one day. News flash here fella you could post anonymously and we'd know it was you by the end of the first sycophantic, drooling, knob gobbling sentence. :lol:

So, you just basically agreed with what I said. Ok. Reported, by the way.

Ali