Slash says Guns N Roses will not play at the RNRHOF

ApocalypticLove

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry mr hall monitor but I thought this was a rock n roll forum....lol

I'm sure Axl would be proud of you for sticking to the rules and all.

The very person you defend day in and out would prolly make fun of you too.

Just look at what he posted when he was here. Did you report him too?

Just lighten up Ali, hell, everyone. It's all in good fun ol chap.

Reported, by the way.

Ali

Oh I'm sorry. If I'd known Ali was short for Alison I'd never have been mean to you. I know you girls get a little sensitive around this time of the month. Now that I know what a delicate little flower you are I'll behave myself. :lol:

Reported, by the way.

Ali

Oh I'm sorry. If I'd known Ali was short for Alison I'd never have been mean to you. I know you girls get a little sensitive around this time of the month. Now that I know what a delicate little flower you are I'll behave myself. :lol:

Rules are rules.

That insult required all the creativity of an adolescent mind and maturity level. I've seen better. Thumbs down.

Ali

Seriously, why attack Ali?

If you don't like his posts or his replies on your posts then don't answer back.

This is getting pretty pathetic.

Oh behave yourself! I was just winding her up! Not my fault she's on her period!

yeah you're not funny

Death Star was spot on, obviously you have a bias for Axl. Is it really impossible for people to take a step back and look at this realistically? Forget about who you like more for whatever reasons and look at the facts: Axl never wants to do anything with Slash ever again, Slash is open to patching things up. If its so important to you to blame any of them, how can you possibly point the finger at Slash? Guns N' Roses isn't not playing the RNRHOF because Slash said so, they aren't playing because Axl still hates Slash and refuses to work with him. This should be common sense by now.

and yeah, Ali is one of the most one sided posters in the history of this forum, which is really saying something

If I cared about amusing you in the least, I might take offense to that.

So either Slash doesn't want to play, or he is lying about having contact with the other members. Which is it? Wake up to reality and pick one.

It has everything to do with Slash's words and not the personal bias that you people want to include here. I didn't answer the questions for him. If he's going to lie about something so simple, I wonder what else he lies about though.

What is he lying about exactly? Look, if you want to hate Slash for telling us how the RNRHOF is going to go down, go ahead. I don't give a fuck. If you really think Axl's hands are clean and he would be willing to play a short set with the original members then you are a moron.

Your question was answered in the post below yours as far as what he would be lying about, so I'm not going to repeat that. Again.

It has absolutely nothing to do with hating Slash and everything to do with taking the time to read the interview. It's on the first page, you should check it out.

The only one adding personal opinion is you.

Fact 1: Slash said he doesn't know who is showing up.

Fact 2: Slash said that he hasn't talked to Axl.

Fact 3: Slash said that they aren't playing.

Now either Slash is lying about fact 1 and 2, and it's all Axl's fault, like you wish to believe, or Slash doesn't want to play himself.

Unlike you with your conspiracy theories, I tend to go with option 2.

Now either Slash is lying about fact 1 and 2, and it's all Axl's fault, like you wish to believe, or Slash doesn't want to play himself.

Or maybe Axl's management has informed the RnRHOF that Axl won't sing ?

Cause let's not forget Fact 4 : "There’s zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush" -Axl Rose

Or maybe Axl's management has informed the RnRHOF that Axl won't sing ?

Cause let's not forget Fact 4 : "There’s zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush" -Axl Rose

Or fact 5: If Slash hasn't even been informed of who is going to show up, there's no way in hell that he knows who wants to perform or not.

I left yours out because it wasn't touched on in the interview at all.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Or fact 5: If Slash hasn't even been informed of who is going to show up, there's no way in hell that he knows who wants to perform or not.

the one big thing is, that they haven't talked about it. The date is fast approaching and time is getting less and less

WHERE HAVE YOU GUYS BEEN FOR THE LAST 20 YEARS???

Axl has publicly stated several times that he will never perform with Slash ever again, he even called the man a cancer in an exclusive interview, I don't think he needs to re-establish that just for the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame, but if you read the Axl quote you posted carefully that's exactly what he's saying. He doesn't believe it could work even if they tried to perform.

That's the problem right there in the first sentence, you are making assumptions based on shit that was said up to twenty years ago. The man is fucking 50 years old now, people change a lot over that long a span of time. Apparently you missed this December 2011 quote from Axl about the possibility of a reunion:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/axl_would_only_reform_gnr_with_slash_and_duff.html

The singer told the LA Times that he understands why the fans want a reunion, but made his feelings about the lineup clear. Curiously, he suggested that he would be more likely to reform with Slash and Duff McKagan than Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adler. "Really, you can get guys from the 'Illusion' thing, but the only thing that would make it would be Duff and Slash, really." Axl said.

the one big thing is, that they haven't talked about it. The date is fast approaching and time is getting less and less

All that does is lead us in to speculation territory though, because we have no idea if anybody anywhere has even tried to get in to contact with anybody else. It doesn't seem very likely though.

Hell, we know more than Slash and that is sad. We at least know that Duff, Matt and Dizzy will be there.

We even have Dizzy's word that Axl will be there, but Dizzy's word doesn't mean shit to me.

This is not a good sign. Looks like Slash just can't wait til this is over and done with. Pity that this can't just be a great night to celebrate their achievements and play together. One wonders why it has to be so miserable!