WHO IS MSL?

tsunta

The hard drive was legit people...

This is fascinating. Why do you actually believe this to be true? Because it sounds so juicy? Because he is so convincing? You know that Doc Mcghee being fired was official before MSL tacked it onto his presentation? If you had some unreleased tracks, would you trade it for the hard drive? ;)

As far as I remember, Doc was announced as no longer working with the band AFTER MSL released the presentation. MSL actually broke the news of Doc's firing which was then put up on Metal Sludge.

Edited by Young_Gun

MSL is a rethoric speaker / attention seeker who recently became an annoying regular poster of the extreme-supportive type. Obviously he's doing very well on all those things.

This is fascinating. Why do you actually believe this to be true? Because it sounds so juicy? Because he is so convincing? You know that Doc Mcghee being fired was official before MSL tacked it onto his presentation? If you had some unreleased tracks, would you trade it for the hard drive? ;)

As far as I remember, Doc was announced as no longer working with the band AFTER MSL released the presentation. MSL actually broke the news of Doc's firing which was then put up on Metal Sludge.

Yeah, that's what I remember too. Don't know if the info was already available, but the fact is that nobody knew yet.

Also, MSL mentioned Going Down, which was on the setlist last year (I know what Ron said about it being an old blues cover, but I don't buy it).

This. And if it was all fake then he'd would have been served. Not to mention I know things that you don't...

This. And if it was all fake then he'd would have been served. Not to mention I know things that you don't...

MSL hears some rumours and information now and then. It goes with the territory of being a known leaker. These snippets of information (like 'Going Down') he uses to create the illusion of having been given the content of hacked email accounts, so as to tempt hoarders in "trading" unreleased songs to him. There are probably lots of half-truths and semi truths in that presentation, in-between all the made up stuff. Anyone with access to a little bit of insider information, no day job, lots of attention-craving and an interesting in having fun with hoarders, could do the same thing. But ask yourself, is it plausible that someone would be able to hack all that information? Is it plausible that that someone would then send it to MSL? Is it plausible that MSL would then post about this highly illegal material (unless he wants to trade stuff)? And is it plausible that the band would broker some agreement with MSL to have him silenced when they can't be sure he won't spread the information regardless and when there is still the original source to deal with? And doesn't the information itself appear to have been designed to be as juicy as possible all-the-while semi-plausible? Isn't it more plausible that MSL is just doing what he has admitted to doing before, trying to fool hoarders into giving away unreleased songs while laying new brick to his reputation?

Every year has its folly.

• Like 1

Great post...I used to believe he had the hard drive until I spent some time on the forums and found out the lengths people go to to try and fool hoarders. Its amazing really. That monstosity CD was what really opened my eyes along with other things.

The thing that really is fishy, is, why would someone just send him this information? Why wouldnt they use it themselves ? He said it was just a random guy that he didnt know, i beleive.

At this point, I dont think he ever had any memory stick....

MSL hears some rumours and information now and then. It goes with the territory of being a known leaker. These snippets of information (like 'Going Down') he uses to create the illusion of having been given the content of hacked email accounts, so as to tempt hoarders in "trading" unreleased songs to him. There are probably lots of half-truths and semi truths in that presentation, in-between all the made up stuff. Anyone with access to a little bit of insider information, no day job, lots of attention-craving and an interesting in having fun with hoarders, could do the same thing. But ask yourself, is it plausible that someone would be able to hack all that information? Is it plausible that that someone would then send it to MSL? Is it plausible that MSL would then post about this highly illegal material (unless he wants to trade stuff)? And is it plausible that the band would broker some agreement with MSL to have him silenced when they can't be sure he won't spread the information regardless and when there is still the original source to deal with? And doesn't the information itself appear to have been designed to be as juicy as possible all-the-while semi-plausible? Isn't it more plausible that MSL is just doing what he has admitted to doing before, trying to fool hoarders into giving away unreleased songs while laying new brick to his reputation?

Every year has its folly.

Yeah, actually you pretty much hit the nail. Like I said on the other thread, there's a lot of half-truth indeed.

I think MSL is hilarious. I like his website and stupid videos of him and his crew playing 2-on-2 basketball (arby's due and someone else, i forget their names). The werestling stuff is funny too. He has a healthy supply of followers on his forum too.

I don't come here to get into the leaked stuff or anything so I didn't really think much of the powerpoint he advertised. I guess I only believed it to be a sales pitch by Doc Maghee and his team for how he intended on bringing GNR to prominence in America. There was something about playing a gig on Superbowl weekend. A big plan like that is uncharacteristic of GNR but sounds like a plan devised by someone trying to show Axl and the band how they could attain more exposure. A marketing plan.

If that was true, we now know that Axl didn't go with it and Doc ultimately enter into a formal agreement with Axl. I imagine that it was a gentlemen's agreement between them that didn't pan out. After all, Axl did announce in a brief press release that he and the band were being managed by Doc. A couple weeks later though, Doc said that he wasn't working with GNR. I think a lot of this was going down at the time when the band was playing in Canada in January/ February 2010. I ran into Doc at the Minneapolis airport. We had been on the same flight and were in Canada for the same reason - to go to GNR shows in Calgary and Edmonton. This is could have been when he made his pitch. I spoke with Doc in Chili's Too at the airport. We talked briefly about what we both thought of the show. He was a nice guy.

I dont know who MSL is, or care all that much really, but when people are throwing personal insults at him, it says a lot about that person, thick, arrogant, not a very nice human being, I wonder what they'd say to him face to face rather than sitting behind their laptop, probably nothing like what they're typing. Whatever he had we will never know but, stop the disgusting insults because, whatever you think, you just make yourself sound like a worthless human being.

As far as I remember (bit my memory is really lousy), MSL didn't mention Doc in the presentation, but added information on him in an edit in a post on this forum (or his own) later, and after I had already read about Doc being fired somewhere else. I actually found it really funny that he went back and edited a post to include new information which was at that time disclosed to the public domain. But I can remember wrong...

I edited my post after confirming the departure of doc. You couldn't have read it somewhere else, because I was the one that broke the story. I quickly told Metal Sludge and then they reported it as well.

So my memory didn't let me down, after all. I remember laughing and thinking "how gullible does he think people at the forum are?" I guess you laughed last ;). I should have considered that the forum is made up of a large fraction of guys still believing that Axl and Slash will perform again together, even in less than a month, and that GN'R will release new music this year. If the hoarders are anything like these members I guess you have secured whatever hoarded material was out there by now...No wait, the fact that you still keep up this scam and act out the "silenced guy without any way of commenting on the case and refusing my arguments" actually proves that you are still working the rig. This also explains why you want the mods to delete this thread, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if you have already PM'ed them to do so, perhaps saying it is because people are throwing personal insults at you.

I edited my post after confirming the departure of doc. You couldn't have read it somewhere else, because I was the one that broke the story. I quickly told Metal Sludge and then they reported it as well.

So my memory didn't let me down, after all. I remember laughing and thinking "how gullible does he think people at the forum are?" I guess you laughed last ;). I should have considered that the forum is made up of a large fraction of guys still believing that Axl and Slash will perform again together, even in less than a month, and that GN'R will release new music this year. If the hoarders are anything like these members I guess you have secured whatever hoarded material was out there by now...No wait, the fact that you still keep up this scam and act out the "silenced guy without any way of commenting on the case and refusing my arguments" actually proves that you are still working the rig. This also explains why you want the mods to delete this thread, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if you have already PM'ed them to do so, perhaps saying it is because people are throwing personal insults at you.

SM, MSL did edit his article to include "Breaking news: Doc no longer Gun's manager". He was the first to break it and then Metal Sludge followed. I specifically remember this.

SM, MSL did edit his article to include "Breaking news: Doc no longer Gun's manager". He was the first to break it and then Metal Sludge followed. I specifically remember this.

No one is denying that you remember him posting "breaking news" before Metal Sludge followed suit. But going from that to actually knowing he WAS breaking news, is something else entirely. Basically you are taking his word for it and making his scamming job very easy indeed. Again, I knew this before MSL posted, so -- unless someone leaked information to me -- it was already somewhere in the public domain at the time MSL thought he had a scoop to corroborate his scheme.

No one is denying that you remember him posting "breaking news" before Metal Sludge followed suit. But going from that to actually knowing he WAS breaking news, is something else entirely. Basically you are taking his word for it and making his scamming job very easy indeed. Again, I knew this before MSL posted, so -- unless someone leaked information to me -- it was already somewhere in the public domain at the time MSL thought he had a scoop to corroborate his scheme.

You knew Doc was fired prior to MSL and Metal Sludge making it public?

Interesting because Axl confirmed it after MSL broke the story. Where did you hear it from SM?

Yes, unless my memory hasn't only started failing but also creating false memories.

Yes, unless my memory hasn't only started failing but also creating false memories.

Oh I see, didn't see that part. Fair enough chief.

Soul Monster -

"As far as I remember (bit my memory is really lousy), MSL didn't mention Doc in the presentation, but added information on him in an edit in a post on this forum (or his own) later, and after I had already read about Doc being fired somewhere else. I actually found it really funny that he went back and edited a post to include new information which was at that time disclosed to the public domain. But I can remember wrong... "

You're remembering wrong. You may have read it elsewhere before seeing that I'd posted it on my site, but I was the source of the information and the time stamp of the "breaking news" edit on my site predated all other reports.

Shnicky -

After Turk and I broke up, she became a bit of a stalker. She leaves me alone for the most part nowadays though. I ignore all contact from her.

Obviously having a roof over her head, just wasn't worth it.

Soul Monster -

"As far as I remember (bit my memory is really lousy), MSL didn't mention Doc in the presentation, but added information on him in an edit in a post on this forum (or his own) later, and after I had already read about Doc being fired somewhere else. I actually found it really funny that he went back and edited a post to include new information which was at that time disclosed to the public domain. But I can remember wrong... "

You're remembering wrong. You may have read it elsewhere before seeing that I'd posted it on my site, but I was the source of the information and the time stamp of the "breaking news" edit on my site predated all other reports.

Shnicky -

After Turk and I broke up, she became a bit of a stalker. She leaves me alone for the most part nowadays though. I ignore all contact from her.

Obviously having a roof over her head, just wasn't worth it.

you're wrong for that lol :rofl-lol:

I guess she went, in the words of Chris Rock, "I can't take this shit no morrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeee" :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I think that's what you meant :confused:

Edited by Nicc

Interesting because Axl confirmed it after MSL broke the story. Where did you hear it from SM?

Can't remember. I have this RSS feed thingy that scours the Internet looking for anything relevant to GN'R (see A4D for details), it probably came from that...unless someone with that information actually told me before it was disclosed to the public domain. Or my mind starting to plant erroneous memories. I guess it is word against word until I or someone else finds the source.

It doesn't really matter to my argument here, though. As I said earlier, I expect MSL's fictive document to be full of truths and semi truths because I believe he, like many else, gets the occasional scoop from insiders. The difference is of course that the rest of us doesn't spin on this and concoct a large scam in an effort to fool hoarders :)

Edited by SoulMonster