Guns N' Roses To Play Tel Aviv 3 July 2012

axlslash

"Veteran Israeli hard rock band Ha’Yehudim (The Jews) have also been confirmed today as the local warm up act for Guns N’ Roses’ July 3rd concert at Hayarkon Park in Tel Aviv. While tickets for Madonna’s premiere concert of her tour were on high demand and cleared the way for a second date added last week, it still remains to be seen if Axl Rose’s troupe would be able to fill up their venue."

Source: http://www.abbanibi.com/blog/french-dj-local-acts-to-warm-up-israeli-concerts/

This will be an UNREAL show! HaYehudim are amazing. As far as their prominence in Israel, they are to Israeli metal what Metallica are to the US. I saw them a few times while I was living over there, and they put on a hell of a show. Here's a couple of their bettermy favorite songs of theirs. I absolutely love this band, though it might be harder to get into them if you're not a Hebrew speaker:

Jacky

Od Aron Echad (One More Coffin)

Yup - all of their gear crates, amps, guitars, and the like have "The Jews" stenciled on them in white spray paint. With a name like that, you expect Klezmer or Israeli folk music. They blow it the fuck up on stage, though. If I didn't need to be doing stuff this summer in advance of law school, I would be over there SO fast for this!

I had a hilarious email exchange with Bumble last night. I had emailed to ask if HaYehudim were opening, he responded "I usually find out who's opening when I get to the venue, lol." I suggested a couple of HaYehudim records to him, and quipped that their sound is a good bit heavier than you'd expect from a band called the Jews. His response was "OOOOOOOOOOH THE JEWS! Yeah I know them. Great stuff!" and was clearly familiar with their 20-year catalog. Made me laugh a good bit given the convos about the bands name here.

I had a hilarious email exchange with Bumble last night. I had emailed to ask if HaYehudim were opening, he responded "I usually find out who's opening when I get to the venue, lol." I suggested a couple of HaYehudim records to him, and quipped that their sound is a good bit heavier than you'd expect from a band called the Jews. His response was "OOOOOOOOOOH THE JEWS! Yeah I know them. Great stuff!" and was clearly familiar with their 20-year catalog. Made me laugh a good bit given the convos about the bands name here.

He confirmed the Show??

Shame on them. An apartheid state.

Apartheid was a system of racial segregation enforced through legislation by the National Party governments.

Did you know that Israel is the only state in the middle east were Arabs can enjoy all human rights and leave in a democratic society with total freedom? Work in whatever they want say whatever they want, includes women??

So shame on you...