Has anyone you know/yourself ever caught Axl's mic at the end of the show?

SMG

I did, inland invasion 2006 50,000 people and I got it, but I knew it was coming and had a good idea where it was going to land from watching it land from the 2 shows before that one. If you really want something and put your mind to it, you just might get what your looking for. Also you have nothing to lose by trying.

I got the one from the All-State Arena show in Chicago last November. I had big plans to frame it or what not, but now my kids like to sing Dont Cry with it. Amazing how big events in youre life take a back seat to the little ones.

Did he scale back his throw for the 'up close' tour- like a really scaled back under arm throw so it didn't hit the back wall? :lol: ...

He just tossed it into the crowd, like a underarm throw.

I was at the AC show, and I was about 3 rows back from where Axl's mic landed. If I have moved up about a few feet, I probably would be in possession of a Axl Rose microphone right now. Funny, I didn't even think about him throwing the microphone until it actually happened.

If only it was like how it was when I saw Motley Crue in the Borgata. When I saw them, people in front of me were leaving, therefore I began to move up and got closer to the stage.

10003980xy.jpg

10003981uv.jpg

10003982nt.jpg

I'm so jealous.

Shouldn't the question be more like if someone ever got HIT by Axl's mic at the end of the show? :xmasssanta:

Ottawa 2006

- When Axl threw his mic into the stands at the end, it landed about two rows in front of us. Some big guy took it right in the face, then some girl scooped it up while he was still staggered. Rough end to the show for that guy.

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Shouldn't the question be more like if someone ever got HIT by Axl's mic at the end of the show? :xmasssanta:

Ottawa 2006

- When Axl threw his mic into the stands at the end, it landed about two rows in front of us. Some big guy took it right in the face, then some girl scooped it up while he was still staggered. Rough end to the show for that guy.

A GNR fan knows that after Paradise City, right after "Good. Fuckin'. Night!" he throws the mic away. He should've been paying attention for that moment to happen. Idiot. :rofl-lol:

I was standing behind this tall Asian bitch who kept leaving and coming back, and I couldn't see the show when she came back and got really pissed. Finally, the security got sick of her and kicked her out during Tommy Stinson's solo, and I took her place and got this amazing view of the show.

The mic landed where I was originally standing.

I was standing behind this tall Asian bitch who kept leaving and coming back, and I couldn't see the show when she came back and got really pissed. Finally, the security got sick of her and kicked her out during Tommy Stinson's solo, and I took her place and got this amazing view of the show.

Shit... :tongue2:

MSG show in 2006 - I was in the section with the foldup chairs right behind the General Admission area. Throughout the night, cycles of people kept coming and going in the two seats directly in front of me. By the time Paradise City was playing, I noticed that nobody was standing in those spots anymore. My brother (whom I had purchased a ticket for, and was in the seat to the left of me), looked around and said, "Y'know, I think Axl is going to end up throwing the mic somewhere nearby where we are. Seems like it's usually around this spot, based on the videos I've watched on YouTube." I laughed it off and shook my head at his shameless admission of studying where Axl throws the microphone in grainy online videos (remember, this was several years ago, we're spoiled now with some of the quality bootlegs we see).

Next thing I know, I notice that Axl is cranking his arm back and I look up and see the mic in the air. And then you hear it, "BFFFFTT!" It hit the ground somewhere very close and I look forward and see about five dudes (including my younger brother), wrestling each other, thinking that the mic is somewhere on the ground. Then, it almost felt as if I went back a few seconds in my head and realized that I could have sworn I felt something hit the very tip of the front of my right sneaker. Without thinking twice about it, I bend my back down and reach with my right hand to the ground right in front of my right shoe without taking my eyes off of the mayhem in front of me. I feel something there, grab it, and as I'm straightening my back, I tuck it under the front of the navy colored hoodie that I was wearing (NYC in November is cold!)

I then leaned forward again, bending my back as if I were watching what these guys were doing, but didn't have the guts to jump into the fray myself (figured any onlookers would think it seemed pretty normal, blending into the background and all that). I eventually grab my brother with my left hand and pull him away. He just had some poor kid in what looked like a Camel Clutch maneuver, and he wasn't happy that I was pulling him away. I just looked at him and assured him that it was for the best.

Then, the two of us quickly walk through the massive crowds leaving the arena, and once we get outside of MSG, I meet back up with two of my friends that I had also hooked up with tickets to the show (they were sitting in a few sections behind us).

I waited until we got to Penn Station and were about to board the train to make the announcement. Once everybody was looking at me, I reached out into the front of my jeans (yes, I had the mic tucked in there - it is what it is) and pulled out the mic to show them that out of everybody in the arena that night, I walked away with Axl Rose's mic, and no one there in attendance may have even realized it. It literally rolled to my feet and came to a stop in the dark.

It was a great night, and for a longtime fan like me - it was the ultimate payoff for continuing to follow this band and get some of my friends and family to see how great they were too. Here's a picture I just snapped of the mic and the original ticket stub:

2yjzt48.jpg

I'm surprised you haven't committed suicide yet. :shocked: