Axl Rose TMZ video hollywood. Responds to reunion tour thoughts

gunsguy

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reunion's never going to happen. The future of Guns N'Roses is Axl and who ever he wants to hire / who ever wants to be-hired.

They play London 02 in a months time. They list only 1 date. In Kerrang! they list 2 dates ?

The tickets are mega expensive. In the add the 1st date is described as sold out. There's plenty of tickets on the web available.

anyone

Reunion's never going to happen. The future of Guns N'Roses is Axl and who ever he wants to hire / who ever wants to be-hired.

They play London 02 in a months time. They list only 1 date. In Kerrang! they list 2 dates ?

The tickets are mega expensive. In the add the 1st date is described as sold out. There's plenty of tickets on the web available.

anyone

Second 02 date was added the last time I checked.

Don't go by what Kerrang babbles about.

I don't think Axl will show up and why should he?

One wrong word out of someones mouth and who knows what will happen :)

There is definately enough fuel to set a firefighter into action,with Steven calling the new lineups hacks and scabs and Slash tooting the publicity horn by telling R.S. that Axl "hates" him.

Guess everyone will have to wait and see,although the mediahogs will have a field day with it either way.

Guest gunns5

I keep thinking Axl's not going to perform, let alone entertain the possibility of perhaps not even turning up. However as we have learned through past events, Axl is unpredictable and he probably hasn't even made his mind up about performing/attending yet either. :shrugs:

Edited by gunns5

Guest gunns5

I can't see him singing with the original line up, not after that last quote. and showing up would be suicidal if he doesn't sing.

He could always choose (lol) to turn up a few hours late, thus having a reason to not perform and arrive just in time as they present the award :xmassrudolph:

I can't see him singing with the original line up, not after that last quote. and showing up would be suicidal if he doesn't sing.

He could always choose (lol) to turn up a few hours late, thus having a reason to not perform and arrive just in time as they present the award :xmassrudolph:

yeah it's gonna happen. that's why Izzy isn't going. He doesn't want to sit there all night waiting for Axl to turn up. but who knows maybe he'll arrive on time, they'll all hi five and hit the stage to Pretty Tied Up and Axl will say "This is another lifetime".

yeah it's gonna happen. that's why Izzy isn't going. He doesn't want to sit there all night waiting for Axl to turn up. but who knows maybe he'll arrive on time, they'll all hi five and hit the stage to Pretty Tied Up and Axl will say "This is another lifetime".

In the end it's always Axl's Fault. :no:

In the end it's always Axl's Fault. :no:

Inevitably,the fallout from the RRHOF has hack journalists drooling as we speak.

And for the guy with the cute PhotoShop,you obviously haven't the slightest idea of the money it takes to tour.

There is definately enough fuel to set a firefighter into action,with Steven calling the new lineups hacks and scabs and Slash tooting the publicity horn by telling R.S. that Axl "hates" him.

Guess everyone will have to wait and see,although the mediahogs will have a field day with it either way.

If Axl does not show up it is all on his shoulders let the chips fall where they will. Steven is a idiot with a big mouth and no one pays any attention to him anyway, Axl should know this by now. Axl does hate Slash it is not secret to him or anyone else. Most of the people on this forum have talked about it forever and take pride in the fact that Axl hates Slash. Since Axl has made it well known why would that keep him away? We all know Axl does exactly what he wants and when he wants to do it! There are no excuses if he does not show up. He will not offer any nor should he.

I keep thinking Axl's not going to perform, let alone entertain the possibility of perhaps not even turning up. However as we have learned through past events, Axl is unpredictable and he probably hasn't even made his mind up about performing/attending yet either. :shrugs:

I think he'll show up, I really do. Whether or not he performs GNR songs probably depends on whether Izzy shows up. If Izzy doesn't, Axl is off the hook - no Izzy, no performance.

Axl can show up as late as he wants, it will likely be a 4+ hour ceremony and GNR is probably scheduled toward the end.

All the polls they've had around here, and no poll about whether he will show or perform? Surprising ...

axl-rose-chateau-marmont.jpg

cute picture,but inaccurate

When you bring up the issue of illegal downloading and copyright protection I often get the response: "Well, times have changed -bands should accept that they'll have to make their living off of touring now-right,sure.

What I think people fail to understand is that touring costs. That is why, traditionally, the record labels have provided tour support for up-and-coming acts. But even that source of support is now drying up, as labels scramble to compensate for lost CD revenue that they generated themselves by not embracing new technology,not willing to give up their outdated practices.

Everyone wants a piece of the pie. Whether they're entitled to it or not means little, once they realise how to put the pressure on to get it - some might even call it extortion and not be wrong. Which brings us back to the venue commission. This practice is spreading like a disease across the globe - an estimated 80% of British venues, 40-60% of European ones and almost 100% of American ones follow it -and most artists aren't even aware of it unless they do their own bookings.

It all started with the big arenas, years ago, but now it's trickled down to medium-size venues and it appears to be only a matter of time before even small venues get in on the act For a band playing small to medium (2000+ capacity)-type venues rather than arenas, selling merchandise on tour can make the difference between an overall loss and an overall profit.

Venues charge artists quite a substantial amount of money to hire the place, provide security and pay for other running costs. They also take tons of money across the bar from people who wouldn't be there if it wasn't for the band ie: selling drinks and food at ridiculous prices.The band gets no profit from that.

Not content with that, they now demand a cut of the artists tour merchandise - sometimes for simply supplying a booth where the band can set up their products; a booth which would be there whether the band had merchandise or not.

Add on silkscreening merchandise,and transporting it from place to place.

And this in turn can affect the fans, as many artists see no other option than to add the cost onto the price. Or choose to not pass it on to the fans but to not play the venue at all, disappointing fans in that particular city,who in turn blame the band.

This does not include crew/band/stage transport/pyro,nor motels,meals/salary/etc. etc.

Might want to rethink the term "cash grab" ;)

*disclaimer,this was pieced together from several emails/info

Edited by sailaway

If Axl does not show up it is all on his shoulders let the chips fall where they will. Steven is a idiot with a big mouth and no one pays any attention to him anyway, Axl should know this by now. Axl does hate Slash it is not secret to him or anyone else. Most of the people on this forum have talked about it forever and take pride in the fact that Axl hates Slash. Since Axl has made it well known why would that keep him away? We all know Axl does exactly what he wants and when he wants to do it! There are no excuses if he does not show up. He will not offer any nor should he.

If he doesn't go OF COURSE he will put out an excuse. It will be a stupid over-long formal letter using lawyer type words and cutting insults at Slash, the Hall, or whoever else. That, or I'd say he just won't say anything about it at all - no excuses, no mention, no interviews whatsoever to avoid being asked, probably for the rest of his career which will be touring the world playing Appetite and Chinese.

If he goes hating Slash like you propose, unwilling to get into the spirit of things, that will be hilarious and so embarrassing for him, although in Axl fashion he won't notice how embarrassing he is being. Everyone will be laughing, talking, and having drinks reminiscing and the like while Axl sits back pouting and not smiling like he's in court or something. Then he won't sing even though we'll be able to tell Slash, Duff, and the drummers wanted to play. Then the media will go crazy on him. Then this place will go crazy on the media. Then the Axl lovers will be even more diehard and everyone else will be even more aggravated or care even less.

That's what's going to happen. It should be fun for a fan like myself who doesn't expect anything at all from any of these guys anymore. A reunion tour and/or new album would be awesome. Chi Dem 2 would be pretty sweet. But nothing more is going to happen, Axl's closed off. The new band want to make a new album, the old band (sans Izzy) want to get back together but neither will happen because there's something in Axl's brain, some crazy reason that the rest of the world has no concept of how much it means to him but how little importance it has in reality, that prevents him from accomplishing anything new and keeps him in a seemingly perpetual state of anger. It's crazy how he doesn't realize his hatred and anger about people and the past is what holds him back, I don't think he'll ever connect those dots. It's not the people or past he hates that holds him back, it's the hate and anger itself.

It's hard not to be negative when you've been following this band since 2001. I can't imagine why any fan from the glory days would still be here. Shop closed after the 2002 tour bombed boys, Chi Dem was just what squeezed out of that in spite of Axl's wishes and everything else - and it took 6 more years. This is the end of the novel, the story is over.

And yet you're still here.

Axl is within his right to not attend and if he didn't I wouldn't blame him. The others make their negative comments and yet the negativity is still placed on Axl.

G'morning :)

You make good points Sleeper,Steven only removes his foot from his mouth to insert the other one. It is a given he will undoubtedly continue doing this.

The opposite of Love isn't hate,it is Apathy, so it runs a bit deeper and more complicated with each lawsuit and potshots/lies that have been proliferating n' boiling for years.

Also have a bone to pick:The RRHOF inducted Trujillo because he played on Metallica's latest Album,this set a precedent.Why not include people that played and contributed on ChiDem?

I'll be glad when it is over,but I realize that whatever happens will be microanalyzed for a long time to come.

If he doesn't go OF COURSE he will put out an excuse. It will be a stupid over-long formal letter using lawyer type words and cutting insults at Slash, the Hall, or whoever else. That, or I'd say he just won't say anything about it at all - no excuses, no mention, no interviews whatsoever to avoid being asked, probably for the rest of his career which will be touring the world playing Appetite and Chinese.

If he goes hating Slash like you propose, unwilling to get into the spirit of things, that will be hilarious and so embarrassing for him, although in Axl fashion he won't notice how embarrassing he is being. Everyone will be laughing, talking, and having drinks reminiscing and the like while Axl sits back pouting and not smiling like he's in court or something. Then he won't sing even though we'll be able to tell Slash, Duff, and the drummers wanted to play. Then the media will go crazy on him. Then this place will go crazy on the media. Then the Axl lovers will be even more diehard and everyone else will be even more aggravated or care even less.

That's what's going to happen. It should be fun for a fan like myself who doesn't expect anything at all from any of these guys anymore. A reunion tour and/or new album would be awesome. Chi Dem 2 would be pretty sweet. But nothing more is going to happen, Axl's closed off. The new band want to make a new album, the old band (sans Izzy) want to get back together but neither will happen because there's something in Axl's brain, some crazy reason that the rest of the world has no concept of how much it means to him but how little importance it has in reality, that prevents him from accomplishing anything new and keeps him in a seemingly perpetual state of anger. It's crazy how he doesn't realize his hatred and anger about people and the past is what holds him back, I don't think he'll ever connect those dots. It's not the people or past he hates that holds him back, it's the hate and anger itself.

It's hard not to be negative when you've been following this band since 2001. I can't imagine why any fan from the glory days would still be here. Shop closed after the 2002 tour bombed boys, Chi Dem was just what squeezed out of that in spite of Axl's wishes and everything else - and it took 6 more years. This is the end of the novel, the story is over.

Blah,Blah,Blah

haters+quote.jpg

Edited by sailaway

axl-rose-chateau-marmont.jpg

cute picture,but inaccurate

When you bring up the issue of illegal downloading and copyright protection I often get the response: "Well, times have changed -bands should accept that they'll have to make their living off of touring now-right,sure.

What I think people fail to understand is that touring costs. That is why, traditionally, the record labels have provided tour support for up-and-coming acts. But even that source of support is now drying up, as labels scramble to compensate for lost CD revenue that they generated themselves by not embracing new technology,not willing to give up their outdated practices.

Everyone wants a piece of the pie. Whether they're entitled to it or not means little, once they realise how to put the pressure on to get it - some might even call it extortion and not be wrong. Which brings us back to the venue commission. This practice is spreading like a disease across the globe - an estimated 80% of British venues, 40-60% of European ones and almost 100% of American ones follow it -and most artists aren't even aware of it unless they do their own bookings.

It all started with the big arenas, years ago, but now it's trickled down to medium-size venues and it appears to be only a matter of time before even small venues get in on the act For a band playing small to medium (2000+ capacity)-type venues rather than arenas, selling merchandise on tour can make the difference between an overall loss and an overall profit.

Venues charge artists quite a substantial amount of money to hire the place, provide security and pay for other running costs. They also take tons of money across the bar from people who wouldn't be there if it wasn't for the band ie: selling drinks and food at ridiculous prices.The band gets no profit from that.

Not content with that, they now demand a cut of the artists tour merchandise - sometimes for simply supplying a booth where the band can set up their products; a booth which would be there whether the band had merchandise or not.

Add on silkscreening merchandise,and transporting it from place to place.

And this in turn can affect the fans, as many artists see no other option than to add the cost onto the price. Or choose to not pass it on to the fans but to not play the venue at all, disappointing fans in that particular city,who in turn blame the band.

This does not include crew/band/stage transport/pyro,nor motels,meals/salary/etc. etc.

Might want to rethink the term "cash grab" ;)

*disclaimer,this was pieced together from several emails/info

Great points. Most people seem to think "They sold out a 7,000 seater arena at $100 a pop, Axl made $700,000 in one night!" which is totally incorrect. Even just the logistics involved would be astronomical given all the gear, amps, cabinets, stage setup, pyrotechnics, etc etc. I would prefer a new album over another tour, but I don't see a tour as a cash grab. A reunion. Yes, that would be a cash grab as Axl obviously does not want to do it and the only incentive would be the money involved. People can say "do it for the fans" but seriously, do you let other people dictate your own actions? Especially if it's the very opposite of what you want to do?