Wow....extreme backlash everywhere

W 23 Axl III

Outside of the USA, NOBODY gives a shit about the Rock n' roll hall of fame. Just saying. They're about to tour in Europe, they won't sell less tickets because Axl didn't come. The same goes for South America and Asia.

He better stick to playing the places you mentioned because he has pretty much worn out his welcome here In the USA and the evidence Is In the 2011-2012 tour attendance numbers.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside of the USA, NOBODY gives a shit about the Rock n' roll hall of fame. Just saying. They're about to tour in Europe, they won't sell less tickets because Axl didn't come. The same goes for South America and Asia.

He better stick to playing the places you mentioned because he has pretty much worn out his welcome here In the USA and the evidence Is In the 2011-2012 tour attendance numbers.

I don't know how well the US tour did but they can always make $ in Europe and 3rd world countries.

Axl Rose is being bashed EVERYWHERE.

In the 1980s, any press was good press. Not in the internet age. He is getting murdered by everyone, and rightly so. Everyone just really disappointed in Axl.

I just hope people stop paying for tickets. He needs to be taught a lesson for once in his life.

I wonder if he has a clue how much he's being destroyed? Or are his "handlers" sheltering him? Maybe he has no idea what's going on. And my guess if he did he really wouldn't care.

Well, he wrote:

This decision is personal. This letter is to help clarify things from my and my camp's perspective. Neither is meant to offend, attack or condemn. Though unfortunately I'm sure there will be those who take offense (God knows how long I'll have to contend with the fallout), I certainly don't intend to disappoint anyone, especially the fans, with this decision. Since the announcement of the nomination we've actively sought out a solution to what, with all things considered, appears to be a no win, at least for me, "damned if I do, damned if I don't" scenario all the way around.
So I guess he somehow had a presentiment what he'd have to endure.

I don't know how well the US tour did but they can always make $ in Europe and 3rd world countries.

Love the "3rd world" part. True. Funny as hell.

Since the announcement of the nomination we've actively sought out a solution to what, with all things considered, appears to be a no win, at least for me, "damned if I do, damned if I don't" scenario all the way around.

i.e. "they wouldn't let me play with just the replacement guys"

The Endless Yawn of Axl Rose and the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame

by Joe Daly

Guns N’ Roses mercurial frontman Axl Rose has pulled the ultimate deke on the music industry–he has decided to take a pass on the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Specifically, he has declared that he will not be attending this weekend’s induction ceremony, and via a letter to the RRHOF, he is requesting that he not be inducted in absentia.

Unfortunately, this announcement will be confused as news. People will come at him from all sides, triumphantly pointing out the Orca-sized holes in his arguments and decrying his ongoing megalomaniacal delusions. This is simply pointing out the obvious with a sense of discovery. In fact, such attention will only buttress Axl’s view of himself as a tragically-misunderstood, well-meaning, regular guy, constantly fending off the unprovoked attacks of the media and his former bandmates (the ones who made the music that he sings).

There is no news here.

Anyone paying attention to the last twenty years understands that Axl’s narcissistic unpredictability is as surprising as the tide coming in. Once again, the singer is flaunting his untamed nature like an eight year-old boy sticking his thumb to his nose, saying, “Hah, hah! You can’t make me!”

The ceremony had long been destined to be as anticlimactic as Geraldo Rivera breaking into Al Capone’s secret hideout. There would never be a reunion–that much was clear from an abundance of comments from present and former members of the band. That left only the possibility of an awkward exchange at the podium, with a scattershot of thank yous from the original lineup and perhaps a smattering of paranoid innuendo from the singer. Axl’s absence will have zero impact on the festivities.

Ironically, with Axl now out of the way, maybe we’ll see the original members get together and revisit a classic or two from Appetite for Destruction. Anyone know what Scott Weiland or Corey Taylor are up to on the 14th?

For those of you interested in the letter in which Axl spells out his decision, I have taken the liberty of color-coding the text for expedited review of his comments (see below).

To all members of Guns N’ Roses, past and present, congratulations on this achievement. I thank you for your exhilarating contributions to the soundtrack of my life.

P1.jpg

http://www.thenervousbreakdown.com/jdaly/2012/04/the-endless-yawn-of-axl-rose-and-the-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame/

I think some people totally lost their minds. Why should anyone be uspet about Axl not showing at HOF ? HOF is a joke, Madonna is inducted Kiss isn't enough said. Real music fans should knwo that HOF is BS nothing more it's only purpose is to generate income for some fat, corparate riff-offs.

Then some people are angry at Axl for one reason and one reason only - the stage was set for a reunion - song, performance tour etc. And a lot of people had this moment in their wet dreams and now big, red, angry uncle Axl destroyed their dreams. What a shame.

And the only way out for Axl was to neglect it why because being on the same stage with Slash and rest of the pack + even playing one song would generate so much pressure for reunion that it would kill any interest in new band.Axl showed that he cares and believe in what he is doing know and he is focused on this lineup. What's wrong with that he's fucking rich why can't he do whatever he wants with whoever he wants ?

And it is rebellion Axl showed numerous times that he doesn't care about money, fans, journalists, critics , if that isn't rock n' rol what is ? Kissing every ass like Slash - give me a break.

This is the best post so far.

Its like when you are in love with that girl you'd do everything for, failing to realise over and over that her interests lie elsewhere. Then you feel depressed and you blame her for your unhappiness, telling yourself that she is just a bitch, when in fact you are the one who is a fucking loser.

People should NEVER invest their happiness on other people. Its like trying to control the weather.

Edited by Altair Son of None

I think some people totally lost their minds. Why should anyone be uspet about Axl not showing at HOF ? HOF is a joke, Madonna is inducted Kiss isn't enough said. Real music fans should knwo that HOF is BS nothing more it's only purpose is to generate income for some fat, corparate riff-offs.

Then some people are angry at Axl for one reason and one reason only - the stage was set for a reunion - song, performance tour etc. And a lot of people had this moment in their wet dreams and now big, red, angry uncle Axl destroyed their dreams. What a shame.

And the only way out for Axl was to neglect it why because being on the same stage with Slash and rest of the pack + even playing one song would generate so much pressure for reunion that it would kill any interest in new band.Axl showed that he cares and believe in what he is doing know and he is focused on this lineup. What's wrong with that he's fucking rich why can't he do whatever he wants with whoever he wants ?

And it is rebellion Axl showed numerous times that he doesn't care about money, fans, journalists, critics , if that isn't rock n' rol what is ? Kissing every ass like Slash - give me a break.

Its like when you are in love with that girl you'd do everything for, failing to realise over and over that her interests lie elsewhere. Then you feel depressed and you blame her for your unhappiness, telling yourself that she is just a bitch, when in fact you are the one who is a fucking loser.

People should NEVER invest their happiness on other people. Its like trying to control the weather.

Its like trying to herd cats :D

Since the announcement of the nomination we've actively sought out a solution to what, with all things considered, appears to be a no win, at least for me, "damned if I do, damned if I don't" scenario all the way around.

i.e. "they wouldn't let me play with just the replacement guys"

Nope. It means he'd have lost in any case, had he appeared on stage with the old guys, with the new guys, etc.

Anyone who sides with Axl here....thinks he will come and be their friend. They are just kissing his ass. The plain, obvious and most apparent truth is that Axl fucked this up big time.

Immature and Immaterial comment.

Edited by sailaway

Anyone who sides with Axl here....thinks he will come and be their friend. They are just kissing his ass. The plain, obvious and most apparent truth is that Axl fucked this up big time.

Yeah, but would you expect more from someone that thinks that Axl should give a retarded award media based show the benefit of reuniting with guys that bashed him for the past 20 years and now they love him again?

Yeah, but would you expect more from someone that thinks that Axl should give a retarded award media based show the benefit of reuniting with guys that bashed him for the past 20 years and now they love him again?

No, They fit my basic assumption. :(

Did they honestly think he was coming?

Yes. Apparently performing on an award (media based) ceremony should be respectful to the fans.

...what?

Yes. Apparently performing on an award (media based) ceremony should be respectful to the fans.

...what?

Integrity and standing up for your convictions aren't bad traits.

In the 1980s, any press was good press. Not in the internet age. He is getting murdered by everyone, and rightly so. Everyone just really disappointed in Axl.

I just hope people stop paying for tickets. He needs to be taught a lesson for once in his life.

Wow, are you brain-dead? Everywhere? Guess you missed Eddie Trunk's and GNR fan's appraisal for Axl Rose to stand up against all the bullshit surrounding RNRHOF? Fucking tool.

it's well deserved backlash, and he wonders why he doesn't get respect

No it was not deserved :fuckyou:

Most of the bashers have been talking about things they have no knowledge of

Axl hasn’t refused a Nobel prize, he has refused to attend a COMMERCIAL event which organizers (according to what I understood from Axl’s open letter) may have tried to manipulate GNR members to get them reunited for this event. Can you imagine the amount of $$$ HOF would get from exclusive pics and footage of the AFD/UYI lineup together in the same room? Not to tell if they agreed to play for at least one song???

Did some of the fans really expect Axl to show up? Of course some did dream about a one-night reunion, even though Axl has been clear about that in several previous interviews. And when they didn’t get the one-night reunion they wanted, they started attacking Axl (in an unprecedented disrespectful way) whithout caring about the reasons that made him decide not to attend.

As for the people thinking Shash has attended to honor GNR, they fail to realize that he needs to promote his second solo album, and the fact that he wouldn’t have missed the opportunity of being in the spotlight for some minutes.

Axl doesn’t need publicity… he has released a statement for the media and the fans to understand why he was not going to attend and all he gets is extreme bashing… so people complain if he doesn’t talk and complain when he talks, like Axl said it’s a lose-lose (or no win) situation

Where does Axl mention Slash in his letter?

Does he have to? Or is this WHOLE THING about Slash? hhmmm

I think it has been Adlers disrespect towards the new band, his apology to bumblefoot, and his continued disrespect the next day. All in the name of self-promotion.

I think it has been Adlers disrespect towards the new band, his apology to bumblefoot, and his continued disrespect the next day. All in the name of self-promotion.

Add Slash victimizing himself with the "Axl hates my guts" statement :sleeper:

couldn't have said it better johnny depp

Isn't it the truth?. Besides Axl's been playing the victim for years now. Everyone's out to get him, gimme a break.

Isn't it the truth?. Besides Axl's been playing the victim for years now. Everyone's out to get him, gimme a break.

Making a public statement about Axl hating his guts days before the HFO was uncalled for IMO