Wow....extreme backlash everywhere

W 23 Axl III

Outside of the USA, NOBODY gives a shit about the Rock n' roll hall of fame. Just saying. They're about to tour in Europe, they won't sell less tickets because Axl didn't come. The same goes for South America and Asia.

He better stick to playing the places you mentioned because he has pretty much worn out his welcome here In the USA and the evidence Is In the 2011-2012 tour attendance numbers.

I don't know how well the US tour did but they can always make $ in Europe and 3rd world countries.

Love the "3rd world" part. True. Funny as hell.

What's so funny about it? :question:

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's funny how people blame slash for ruining this because he said "he hates my guts" in public, yet he wouldn't have said this had axl not said "he's like a cancer" publicly too.

If someone called me a cancer I'd take that as hating my guts too....

I think it's funny how people blame slash for ruining this because he said "he hates my guts" in public, yet he wouldn't have said this had axl not said "he's like a cancer" publicly too.

If someone called me a cancer I'd take that as hating my guts too....

I suppose you are right but the you have to consider the supposed "we've been cool lately" comment made last year.

2009 - Axl: "he's like a cancer"

2011 - Slash: "we've been cool lately" << only according to Eddie Trunk I think

Axl: Reminisces/tells a funny story about Slash << Don't know how much this counts

2012 - Slash: "he hates my guts"

Something tells me something else might have occurred or Slash heard something down the grapevine to prompt the "he hates my guts" comment, besides the "cancer" comment made nearly 3 years ago. Or Slash was just presuming... or whatever.

Edited by KiraMPD

I haven't read through the many many pages of this post and all the other posts bashing Axl for his decision. That being said...all the bashers are are just upset because their dreams of even a one show reunion was crushed. I admit at one time I was one of those that hoped for a reunion but then I got to thinking. What made the Appetite era line-up so great was their chemistry and brotherhood. That is long long gone now. I feel as even a one song thing would be a very big disappointment.

I love Axl and the current line-up and I love Slash and what he is doing now. What I think would have been cool to see last night is ALL of the inducted members get up and play WITH the current line-up. But of course that didn't happen..THEIR CHOICE..NOT OURS. They don't owe us anything. If anything we as fans owe THEM for the many years of music they have given us and many great memories.

It is sickening, Axl should ashamed of himself for thinking as an adult he can make his own choices without consulting his often insane fan base. Who the fuck does he think he is for not taking the stage with a man he feels has misrepresented the facts.

Axl you are a sellfish fucker, do what the fans want regardless of your own feelings.

Was that sarcastic enough?

Edited by GET OFF AXLS BACK

Backlash.... meh.... What kinda strikes me here is that in my 10 years of mygnrforum I can't remember having seen the fans SO divided. It's hard against hard and most opinions seem to be getting more blunt and without any form of nuance whatsoever. Calm the fuck down and be sensible!

So much hate towards a lot of current and ex members and gnr-related people... it's crazy.

Edited by username

He needs to be taught a lesson for once in his life.

I don't think it would matter. If people stopped coming to Nu-GNR shows, he'd just vanish and never return. Axl is determined to making sure the old band never plays together again. He'll go to his grave before it happens.

It is sickening, Axl should ashamed of himself for thinking as an adult he can make his own choices without consulting his often insane fan base. Who the fuck does he think he is for not taking the stage with a man he feels has misrepresented the facts.

Axl you are a sellfish fucker, do what the fans want regardless of your own feelings.

Wow, what the fuck dude. You've got it completely backwards. Part of being an adult is learning how to do things you don't want to do. Things like paying bills, working, changing diapers, kissing police officers asses when they give you a ticket you didn't deserve, eating at the inlaws despite the fact that you want to kill them etc. By not playing the RRHOF, Axl's acting more like a teenager. You know, remember the old "fuck the teacher, fuck the principle, fuck my parents, fuck the cops...nobody can tell me what to do because I'm a bad ass that does what he/she wants" days? Yeah, highschool.

We ALL have to do shit we don't want to do when we grow up. It's part necessity, part maturity. Axl should have played to please the fans. Go up there, play a few songs, make millions of fucking people happy, then walk away. No one said he had to enjoy it. No one said he had to reunite the old band and make a double album. It's just three songs. Take some fucking Prozac, get up there and play three songs and move on. It's called selflessness and thinking about everyone else for a change.

He's incapable of that, which is sad imo....very sad.

Edited by Nintari

Wow, what the fuck dude. You've got it completely backwards. Part of being an adult is learning how to do things you don't want to do. Things like paying bills, working, changing diapers, kissing police officers asses when they give you a ticket you didn't deserve, eating at the inlaws despite the fact that you want to kill them etc. By not playing the RRHOF, Axl's acting more like a teenager. You know, remember the old "fuck the teacher, fuck the principle, fuck my parents, fuck the cops...nobody can tell me what to do because I'm a bad ass that does what he/she wants" days? Yeah, highschool.

We ALL have to do shit we don't want to do when we grow up. It's part necessity, part maturity. Axl should have played to please the fans. Go up there, play a few songs, make millions of fucking people happy, then walk away. No one said he had to enjoy it. No one said he had to reunite the old band and make a double album. It's just three songs. Take some fucking Prozac, get up there and play three songs and move on. It's called selflessness and thinking about everyone else for a change.

I don't think it's as easy as that. You must know that if Axl had shown up and performed, we'd NEVER hear the end about a reunion. Never. It would have been impossible for it to be a one off thing, everyone just shake hands and go home and close that chapter. The reunion talk would have been amped up by a million. And even then, people still don't believe Axl when he says "never", why would they start magically believing him then? It really was a no win for Axl. And again, spare us the "for the fans" shit. They played in a place of 6k, probably which of less than half were even GNR fans, and the show on HBO might be watched by a couple million, at most. It's not like they were hinging on a reunion for a Super Bowl performance with a billion people watching. This had SHIT to do with the fans, it's an industry event...

But ... but ... your "adult" analogy fails.

Unlike paying for the bills, Axl had a choice here. And he made the choice he felt was best for him.

Part of being an adult is making choices that may not please other people. In this case, Axl made a choice that did not please you. And as an adult, you should know that you can't have everything your way!

Axl has every right as an *adult* to do whatever he wants to do.

Axl also made it very clear why he chose not to attend. Besides the HOF wanting to milk the situation for their own financial gain and not respecting Axl's current situation with the current band, it basically boils down to this:

How can Axl share the same stage with some of the same people who through the years blamed him for all that went wrong and painted him as the "crazy bad guy" that fired everybody!

If you publicly defame somebody, you have to publicly restore the reputation of that person.

How can reconciliation - let alone a reunion - even be possible until this occurs?

That sounds like pretty basic expectant adult behavior don't you think?

As evident by the letter and Axl's reconciliation with Duff, Izzy, and Adler (before Adler opened his mouth again), Axl is willing and very capable of reconciling with Slash ... if what he feels are *LIES* made PUBLICLY by Slash are taken into full account for and either corrected or clarified.

So what you demand of Axl - to be an ADULT - can easily be argued to be applied to Slash as well.

But why was this something Axl had to do to be an adult? He had a choice. His choice hurt nobody. So how is it comparable to paying bills or taking care of your baby?

This Axl owes the fans bullshit is getting out of hand. "We made you rich" is a common statement. That is correct. But nobody gave up fucking anything for that. We didn't make Axl rich out of charity or concern for his well-being. We paid 10 or 20 bucks for an album because we thought it was worth just that. We thought we got value for that amount of money back by that transaction. We did it out of pure egoistical reasons. We, us here on this board, probably would have paid even more to get to hear AFD for example, so there was really a value surplus for us in the transaction too. A consequence of us voluntarily paying for something we wanted was that Axl became rich. But NOBODY of us gave up anything for him to become rich, we all became richer by this music, right? So why should he give up parts of his life for us? To give us a few minutes of entertainment and amusement before life went back to normal again? He probably felt his life would not get back to normal again if he did that, on the other hand. If that is not what he wanted with his life, symbolically performing or appearing with people he left behind for personal reasons, then we have no right to demand that. For us to see Slash and Axl reconcile is just entertainment, like the drama of a soap opera. It has no personal meaning to us. The grudge might be petty or it might not be, but we have no right to judge people we don't even know and are not even affected by personally. Axl has every right to hold his grudge no matter how we as an audience feel about it. We. Don't. Know. Him.

Unlike paying for the bills, Axl had a choice here. And he made the choice he felt was best for him.

Part of being an adult is making choices that may not please other people. In this case, Axl made a choice that did not please you. And as an adult, you should know that you can't have everything your way!

Axl also made it very clear why he chose not to attend. Besides the HOF wanting to milk the situation for their own financial gain and not respecting Axl's current situation with the current band, it basically boils down to this:

How can Axl share the same stage with some of the same people who through the years blamed him for all that went wrong and painted him as the "crazy bad guy" that fired everybody!

If you publicly defame somebody, you have to publicly restore the reputation of that person.

How can reconciliation - let alone a reunion - even be possible until this occurs?

As evident by the letter and Axl's reconciliation with Duff, Izzy, and Adler (before Adler opened his mouth again), Axl is willing and very capable of reconciling with Slash ... if what he feels are *LIES* made PUBLICLY by Slash are taken into full account for and either corrected or clarified.

So what you demand of Axl - to be an ADULT - can easily be argued to be applied to Slash as well.

Yes in life people are mean and lie about us etc.. but we can't keep waiting for an apology coz holding onto that hate is not healthy and often the person that lies about us isn't thinking about how they've hurt us. They don't care so why shud Axl. That kind of negativity about the person carries over into all aspects of one's life just as Marc Canter posted the other day that it takes alot of energy to hold on to hurt. So just let it go is best coz waiting for an apology just carries it on.

Slash did not do anymore to Axl than any other x band member. He is not going to get an apology from Slash. At this point I doubt Slash cares if he ever hears Axl's name again. Axl is no better than any other adult on this plant he needs to man up and move forward. He does not need to reconcile with anyone and has said that their will not be a reunion.

I was on youtube searching for Dick Clark's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction speech (this guy knew what it was all about).

He was so touched he starting crying and couldn't speak (what a fuckin sellout huh?).

Anyhoo...the first page of search results turned up this "positive" response :lol:

Relax "oh uptight-ones"...I just thought it was bizarre that this turned up. :tongue2:

I was on youtube searching for Dick Clark's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction speech (this guy knew what it was all about).

He was so touched he starting crying and couldn't speak (what a fuckin sellout huh?).

Anyhoo...the first page of search results turned up this "positive" response :lol:

Relax "oh uptight-ones"...I just thought it was bizarre that this turned up. :tongue2:

Not uptight, anyone who publically refers to themselves as "King Dick" realizes what some of the public perception of them is,and makes a joke of it.

Edited by sailaway