Whither Reunion hopes

The Archer

So, is this the end or is there still hope?

For those who held out all these years in the hope that one day, Axl, Slash and either the 87 era or 91 era line-ups would reunite, tour and release new music, is this the final nail in the coffin for any hope of a reunion?

If not, what keeps your faith in a reunion strong?

Discuss.

There's still hope. Just take a look at Axl's HOF-letter:

There's a seemingly endless amount of revisionism and fantasies out there for the sake of self-promotion and business opportunities masking the actual realities. Until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn't room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion.

Finally he declares what he needs before something can be achieved with the old lineup(s). I don't think this has happened ever before.

If Axl and Slash both make amends then it could happen. Of course things look real bad now considering Axl's attitude but then again who knows. It will probably involve a strange twist of events if it does happen. Anyways, lets hope for the best. A reunion is a must because it is the only band that sounds like GNR to me.

Well, It's more and more likely that it will never happen. But I think the hopes would be even higher after this. The band just proved why everyone(except a bunch in these forums) want's it. The dynamics and excitement in the playing where back, and they proved they still got what it takes, and that those guys together is what made GNR sound the way it did when coming to the musicians.

There's still hope. Just take a look at Axl's HOF-letter:

There's a seemingly endless amount of revisionism and fantasies out there for the sake of self-promotion and business opportunities masking the actual realities. Until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn't room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion.

Finally he declares what he needs before something can be achieved with the old lineup(s). I don't think this has happened ever before.

What that really says is that former members, in other words Slash, has to admit he was wrong and lied about everything and that Axl was right all along. Slash could just think of the fans and swallow his pride and give in, but if he hasn't in 1996, why now?

On those terms, I don't see a reunion ever happening. It is the final nail in the coffin.

Maybe they both can admit their at fault and the band can move forward. I am sure they both have said things negative and maybe stretched the truth some. Lets get over it guys and start the next album for GNR with the old lineup. I suggest it is called "Appetite for Reconstruction".

Edited by rocker rockstar

Maybe they both can admit their at fault and the band can move forward. I am sure they both have said things negative and maybe stretched the truth some. Lets get over it guys and start the next album for GNR with the old lineup. I suggest it is called "Appetite for Reconstruction".

Everyone else has put it behind them. None of them hate Axl, and none of them hate each other anymore. Except for Axl. While the rest of them probably don't want to do a reunion tour because they have all moved on, its something they're all open to except for Axl.

Its gonna happen just let it go. Someday we will get lucky and the stars will align. Or a time machine will get invented....Until then just enjoy the music we have. Stay positive. You never know the future. I am sure Eddie Van Halen never thought Roth would be in the band again too.

If your a hater of Slash then just go back to your section of the forum and leave us alone.

Edited by rocker rockstar

• 3 weeks later...

Lock all the threads for reunion,its total waste of time and bullshit discussion of something will never gonna happen.Axl said it 2-3 times again and again,what else to say to understand it. :crazy:

Actually you're entirely wrong. Axl never ruled out a reunion, not even in the last letter. He said it plainly that there will be no conversation let alone reunion until all the lies Slash told about him are straightened out. Which means he would consider the reunion if Slash clarified what he said. Whether that can ever happen is another story. But that's a whole different picture than the one you painted.

And the truth is Axl would want a reunion on condition that they would patch things up. He obviously can't get over Slash and the old Guns to a much greater extent even than the reunion fans themselves. He talks about him all the time. He's obsessed with him. He can't do anything productive with the new band because his level of engagement in the project is probably less than 30% of what it was with the original guys. Unless you want to believe in the management problems as the sole reason for him not releasing new music but I guess it is too obvious a crap for even the most die-hard Axl follower to believe in.

As Marc Canter said, he hasn't moved on. To a certain extent neither did Slash (though he's doing significantly better in this respect). To be able to once again use their creative juices to the fullest they need to communicate and need to reconcile. Whether that means they will be in GNR together again is another story. Though I am almost sure that if they reconcile personally this is only a matter of time.

for me its all over now , i just dont care anymore ,i will look on here from time to time but im just not interested in axl,s current band , chinese democracy was very ordinary and i dont listen to it , ive seen a couple of slash,s performances lately on tv and he still rocks and really has gone on to claim his place in history ,axl ? well he is axl ,an arsole ,a twat or whatever , he is the greatest frontman ever but he is also the man who killed the band and then dragged the name of guns n roses through the mud ,maybe someday a reunion will happen but untill it does Guns n Roses remain dead and buried :thumbsdown:

• 3 weeks later...

So, is this the end or is there still hope?

For those who held out all these years in the hope that one day, Axl, Slash and either the 87 era or 91 era line-ups would reunite, tour and release new music, is this the final nail in the coffin for any hope of a reunion?

If not, what keeps your faith in a reunion strong?

Discuss.

The Rock Hall's not the deciding factor on reunions. No one was sure what was going to happen - if Axl did show, they prob. would have left the decision to play entirely up to him.