Screw CBS

axlskAmpf

ROFL, you fuckin joking right? cliff burton could play his bass better than either of those loons could play their guitars. buckethead may have a few nice pieces, but that bumblefoot guy....out of respect for GNR and its induction, i wont go any further and ill leave it alone for today.

and lets be honest, james and kirk have written far better riffs and solos than buckethead or ron thal bumblebutt could ever dream of. its lolable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVj9kEFIb-w

Edited by cliffburton

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

yea that album was pertty garbage axl sounded like a 70 year old prostitue who was so hoarse from smoking too much and the guitars sounded like chainsaws and other techno studio add ins and useless rave effects. seriously, the most disgusting album to the senses of all time. the guitarists were so terrible they restoretd to playing random noises as solos, see shacklers. Better, which as most people see as the only tolerable song sounds like linkon park mixed with kanye west or some shit, horrible. only decent song was catcher in the rye but thats easilly the worst gnr song of all other than my world and i say that cuz the rest of CD cant even be called music, its just random noise with studio effects that sound like a 10 year old added in

+1 :rofl-lol:

ROFL, you fuckin joking right? cliff burton could play his bass better than either of those loons could play their guitars. buckethead may have a few nice pieces, but that bumblefoot guy....out of respect for GNR and its induction, i wont go any further and ill leave it alone for today.

you do not think Bumblefoot is a good guitarist?

you do not think Bumblefoot is a good guitarist?

i think he is a very boring guitarist

Burton was a good bassist for metallica but what are you hoping to achieve by stating that he played his rather simple bass lines and the odd extended noodle better than Buckethead and Bumblefoot compose rather intricate and extensive pieces in addition to have played GNR material rather well...

Edited by RandallFlagg

THIS I LOVE IS AMAZING.

yeah, no :tongue2:

I JUST CANT LET IT DIE CAUSE HER HEARTS JUST LIKE MINE AND SHE HOLDS HER PAIN INSIDE :violin::sleeper:

Not for everyone, but if you lost someone dear to ya ya get it more, and the melody and vocal performance are stunning. This is the song I got into a conversation with Beta about as it did mean something to me in an uncanny way, but that doesn't mean it would effect everyone in a similar fashion. And no I haven't spoken to her since it came out, so don't ask me for free tickets, she chatted with a bunch of folks here back then... then 2 weeks later Axl showed up!

I remember those days. But yeah, I've had my fair share of breakups and losing somebody I held dear and close. That song still sucks.

I JUST CANT LET IT DIE CAUSE HER HEARTS JUST LIKE MINE AND SHE HOLDS HER PAIN INSIDE :violin::sleeper:

NOW AND THEN WHEN I SEE HER FACE SHE TAKES ME AWAY TO THAT SPECIAL PLACE AND IF I STARED TOO LONG I'D PROBABLY BREAK DOWN AND CRY :violin:

Come off it, it's the emotion displayed.

And yeah I find CD just as good as Appetite, utterly different yet the same Axl singing on a Guns record :thumbsup:

I see what you tried to do there. Didn't work.

Sweet Child is a lyrical and musical masterpiece, probably the best single ever released. At first it appears to be a simple love song, then you get through the solo and the bridge and the tone entirely shifts from this innocent content expression of love to this unsure and afraid "Where do we go now?" It's a true testament of a young relationship, and how things are more prone to not work out, but it isn't whiney or sappy, it just is. It's darker that it seems, that's why I love it. That combination of music and lyrics raises the hair on my skin and makes my throat sink.

This I Love is just self indulgent crybaby nonsense

Edited by sweetness

They're both masterpieces of emotion in different ways to some, just cause TIL hasn't been pushed for airplay or in an upbeat tempo doesn't change it's impact for me.

Though I certainly agree with your SCOM analysis, TIL is much more simple, almost bittersweet, operatic and haunting as if he's wearing a mask and unable to comprehend the damage the other inflicted. I think Catcher has a similar lurking darkness beneath the surface as SCOM.

Edited by RandallFlagg

well we can continue this off topic on another section as im sure the mods will be sniffing this out soon

Right, so back to it! Screw CBS and their Kenny G listenin', slack jawed, slope headed, knuckle draggin', bad suit wearin, dork-ass news guy. ''Worst album of all time'', ridiculous, even his cohort had to say ''wouldn't go that far.''

Yeah, I'm still waiting for the list of better crafted tunes since, say 2000... Ghead, lay em on me!

Yeah yeah, to each his own, sure. I'm not saying you suck if you don't love the record like some, me, etc. I'm saying to call it the worst is insanity and typical, and might give you some insight to what Axl means about the media and entire halls disrespecting him. It's laughable if you're a fan, and fun pot stirring fuel if you're not. Really does amaze me how mane here hated the record though!

Back to that list..., this will be fun!

Dude. Chill out and take a xanax. People can have opinions that don't necessarily agree with yours.

Okay. I'll play the list of better albums since 2000. For the sake of brevity I'll keep the list to rock only. Just off the top of my head:

The Strokes - Is This It?

System of a Down - Mesmerize, Hypnotize, Toxicity

White Stripes - White Blood Cells, Get Behind Me Satan, Icky Thump, Elephant

The Rolling Stones - A Bigger Bang

U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, No Line on the Horizon

Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam, Backspacer

Alice In Chains - Black Turns to Blue

Green Day - American Idiot

Foo Fighters - One by One, In Your Honor

Again. Not saying CD is a bad album. But the best album since 2000? Maybe expand your listening habits a little.

Mayhap he thinks CD is better than those albums, I have ones I prefer only just to it, though it's certainly on the Awesome tier so it don't really matter.

Atleast some have the balls to say that CD was bullshit...Haven't listened to it in 2 years that fucking bad record it was...

Then those newGuns fans say that "you're just comparing it to Appetite and Illusions and don't want to realize that Guns has "evolved""...

First of all I didn't make any comparisons to previous records, just listened it with open mind but no I still think it's bullshit, really strange record =/

It takes ZERO fucking balls to say CD was shit. Everyone and their mother says it was shit, even many people who never heard the album will tell you this.

Edited by zbyram

Atleast some have the balls to say that CD was bullshit...Haven't listened to it in 2 years that fucking bad record it was...

Then those newGuns fans say that "you're just comparing it to Appetite and Illusions and don't want to realize that Guns has "evolved""...

First of all I didn't make any comparisons to previous records, just listened it with open mind but no I still think it's bullshit, really strange record =/

It takes ZERO fucking balls to say CD was shit. Everyone and their mother says it was shit, even many people who never heard the album will tell you this.

And why you think many many many people will say it sucks? And please don't tell me cause Slash isn't no more arround.

The most honest interpretation of CD is that it's a good but flawed album :shrugs: I would hardly call it shit, but there were better albums in the 2000's. I listen to CD about as much as I do Contraband, which is to say only once in a blue moon.

Edited by tuyfuvk17

Yeah, I'm still waiting for the list of better crafted tunes since, say 2000... Ghead, lay em on me!

Yeah yeah, to each his own, sure. I'm not saying you suck if you don't love the record like some, me, etc. I'm saying to call it the worst is insanity and typical, and might give you some insight to what Axl means about the media and entire halls disrespecting him. It's laughable if you're a fan, and fun pot stirring fuel if you're not. Really does amaze me how mane here hated the record though!

Dude. Chill out and take a xanax. People can have opinions that don't necessarily agree with yours.

Okay. I'll play the list of better albums since 2000. For the sake of brevity I'll keep the list to rock only. Just off the top of my head:

U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, No Line on the Horizon

Again. Not saying CD is a bad album. But the best album since 2000? Maybe expand your listening habits a little.

American Idiot? :laugh:

Not a fan at all of SoaD and The Strokes so can't really offer any opinion on their stuff. Elephant was a decent album but nowhere near as good as CD. Not really overly impressed by any U2 stuff post 2000. Pearl Jam, Pearl Jam is pretty average imo (and I'm a massive PJ fan) but Backspacer is a great shout. Black turns to Blue is decent but nothing more. The Foo Fighters albums are alright but still not as great as CD.

Personally I would say that Chinese Democracy is my favourite album post 2000, but not by a long distance. I'd certainly say Backspacer (PJ), The Rising (Springsteen) probably come quite close to it.

Unreal, just unreal. So their morning show 20 mins or so ago has a Rock and Roll HOF segment, all about how Axl isn't going. So the general take by all the media is he's wrong, as I'm sure you've seen from ET tonight to wherever the f(&k. They add today some new brillaint thoughts, like it's all to gain press, yeah ...ok! Then they add the kicker,

Guy 1- "Maybe it's to gain press and sell more copies of Chinese Democracy."

Guy 2- "Yeah which was the worst record of all time!"

Guy 1- "Well I wouldn't go that far, but it wasn't up to par with "Use Your Illusion 2"

UNREAL! Not only did it have some of the best written rock songs in the last 15 years, sorry no 'radio friendly hits' to appease the masses, and what the fuck is radio friendly now anyway, and who wants to be friendly in such a place??? But, that aside, to call it the worst!?! It's so typical, the record was primed for this bullshit type of reply long before it came out, the bias was set, and Gimme Catcher, TWAT, This I Love, and If The World, etc, to what the dorks with a platform at CBS have to say any day.

Rant over, thanks for listening, please feel free to write CBS news and voice your POV's. As you can see they have been all over the topic!

http://www.cbsnews.com/1770-5_162-0.html?query=axl&tag=srch&searchtype=cbsSearch

EDIT: ...OH, and why just Use Your Illusion 2? Why not 1?! Sounds like he never heard 1 to me! (As surely he never listened to Chinese either) ok, now I'm really done.

Just think, they get a check to voice their opinion on music!

Burton was a good bassist for metallica but what are you hoping to achieve by stating that he played his rather simple bass lines and the odd extended noodle better than Buckethead and Bumblefoot compose rather intricate and extensive pieces in addition to have played GNR material rather well...

Burton was an amazing bass player...

Unreal, just unreal. So their morning show 20 mins or so ago has a Rock and Roll HOF segment, all about how Axl isn't going. So the general take by all the media is he's wrong, as I'm sure you've seen from ET tonight to wherever the f(&k. They add today some new brillaint thoughts, like it's all to gain press, yeah ...ok! Then they add the kicker,

Guy 1- "Maybe it's to gain press and sell more copies of Chinese Democracy."

Guy 2- "Yeah which was the worst record of all time!"

Guy 1- "Well I wouldn't go that far, but it wasn't up to par with "Use Your Illusion 2"

UNREAL! Not only did it have some of the best written rock songs in the last 15 years, sorry no 'radio friendly hits' to appease the masses, and what the fuck is radio friendly now anyway, and who wants to be friendly in such a place??? But, that aside, to call it the worst!?! It's so typical, the record was primed for this bullshit type of reply long before it came out, the bias was set, and Gimme Catcher, TWAT, This I Love, and If The World, etc, to what the dorks with a platform at CBS have to say any day.

Rant over, thanks for listening, please feel free to write CBS news and voice your POV's. As you can see they have been all over the topic!

http://www.cbsnews.com/1770-5_162-0.html?query=axl&tag=srch&searchtype=cbsSearch

EDIT: ...OH, and why just Use Your Illusion 2? Why not 1?! Sounds like he never heard 1 to me! (As surely he never listened to Chinese either) ok, now I'm really done.

I'm a huge fan of Chinese Democracy, but really, who cares? What does it matter what some dork says on CBS?

Burton was an amazing bass player...

So are Trujillo and Newstead, Burton got more say in songwriting unlike those two however. Orion and Ktulu are amazing but I believe those two could/could have produce the goods in that band if allowed but comparing to the abilities of Bucket/BBF isn't a contest imo.

Edited by RandallFlagg

Dude, do I seem frantic that someone disagreed with me(?), and certainly no one here since my OP. Ya can't throw out the overkilled xanax line everytime someone states an opinion, or calls out a news station for saying a stupid ass one.

Backspacer is good, since The Rising was mentioned, as I love Bruce good too, yeah, these are comparable with great songs like ''Chinese'' as well. As to expanding listening habits I could throw in this, this, this for track 4 alone, this, so yeah there's been good ones if you branch out a bit.