Del James claims that Faster Pussycat was better than the RNRHOF

Tyler Drama

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't have anything to do with Axl's decision. Zero.

It has everything to do with why Slash and Duff eventually QUIT on GnR.

And it has everything to do with why Axl will never front any of their bands.

CREATIVE DIFFERENCES

Snakepit, Loaded, VR => not GnR

Slash wanted to go the Snakepit route. Axl did not.

Slash and Duff were unable to give Axl the sound he was looking.

Axl had the patience to keep working at getting that sound he wanted.

Slash and Duff did not have the patience. Hence, they quit.

Axl did not want to front Snakepit, Loaded, or Velvet Revolver.

He wasn't even asked to front those bands. How could he not want to in the first place?

This is often the second of two available responses to people who feel the need to blindly defend Axl.

So it was Axl's decision that he didn't want to front Snakepit styled music, but it's Slash, Duff and Izzy's fault for walking away.

Which is it? You can't have it both ways.

Here's a third option: Izzy, Duff and Slash got tired of dealing with Axl's bullshit and left to work on music that appealed to them.

Axl can't cry abandonment by his former band members all the while putting down the music they'd write for the band.

Axl seems to want to argue that he didn't force anyone out besides Adler and Sorum, that everyone left. But then he argues that he wasn't interested in their music anyway. So if he wasn't interested in what Slash was putting down, why is he so pissed at Slash for leaving and letting Axl work on the music he wanted to.

None of this makes any sense.

This is often the second of two available responses to people who feel the need to blindly defend Axl.

So it was Axl's decision that he didn't want to front Snakepit styled music, but it's Slash, Duff and Izzy's fault for walking away.

Here's a third option: Izzy, Duff and Slash got tired of dealing with Axl's bullshit and left to work on music that appealed to them.

Axl can't cry abandonment by his former band members all the while putting down the music they'd write for the band.

Axl seems to want to argue that he didn't force anyone out besides Adler and Sorum, that everyone left. But then he argues that he wasn't interested in their music anyway. So if he wasn't interested in what Slash was putting down, why is he so pissed at Slash for leaving and letting Axl work on the music he wanted to.

It's a two way street. Axl didn't want to do what they wanted to do, they didn't want to do what Axl wanted to do.

He wasn't even asked to front those bands. How could he not want to in the first place?

Edited by Flayer

Apparently, neither did Josh Freeze, Buckethead, Robin, Brain, Paul Tobias, and a string of production/management guys.

The only ones who truly had patience were Dizzy and Tommy. And one wonders if they weren't getting a fat pay check through most of the past fifteen years courtesy of Axl and the record label would they have had the sense, I mean patience, too.

EDIT: When does patience turn into insanity. It took Axl 12 years of "patience" to find the sound that he was looking for, and then sat on his ass when the album came out doing nothing to promote it himself.

Edited by downzy

This.

Apparently, neither did Josh Freeze, Buckethead, Robin, Brain, Paul Tobias, and a string of production/management guys.

The only ones who truly had patience were Dizzy and Tommy. And one wonders if they weren't getting a fat pay check through most of the past fifteen years courtesy of Axl and the record label would they have had the sense, I mean patience, too.

EDIT: When does patience turn into insanity. It took Axl 12 years of "patience" to find the sound that he was looking for, and then sat on his ass when the album came out doing nothing to promote it himself.

And this.

/thread

You don't really know about the history of each of the people you listed. For instance, Paul Tobias is one Axl's best friends. So, you're exaggerating just a tad bit here.

The fact that Axl was able to convince any of these artists to want to work on a GnR project was a feat in itself. Not a lot of *artists* would risk their reputation and integrity to be associated GnR.

I don't see the point in getting angry about anything or anyone on the Internet when I'm 24, and I've had great fun at the 7 GN'R gigs I've been to from 2010-12, along with the Slash gig I went to in 2010. The Lebeis' seem like nice people when I bumped into them at L'Arc in Paris. I remember Fernando even saying he didn't despise Slash (I can't remember what he said exactly, but it wasn't totally negative).

But Del James is a conceited prick and an obvious hanger-on. He would be nothing without Axl. He has no more right to badmouth Slash n' Duff n' Steven n' Matt than any random Internet cupcake. Only with him do I feel the need to vent. Even Dizzy is less of an obvious hanger-on than Del. At least Dizzy has accomplished something artistically (that Fracas song someone re-posted a few days ago is pretty awesome, and his stuff on CD is great). Del just doesn't seem to miss an opportunity to rag on former members. I'm not saying Slash n' co. were saints, but none of theme were.

tl;dr: Del James is a douche.

You don't really know about the history of each of the people you listed. For instance, Paul Tobias is one Axl's best friends. So, you're exaggerating just a tad bit here.

The fact that Axl was able to convince any of these artists to want to work on a GnR project was a feat in itself. Not a lot of *artists* would risk their reputation and integrity to be associated GnR.

No, we don't know the particulars of each and every person who left GNR, but again, let's look at the common denominator.

The fact that Axl was able to convince any of these artists to want to work on a GNR project was a feat perpetuated by money. If Axl didn't have the open bank roll of Geffen's coffers there's no way he'd attract such top quality session musicians as he has. Why would Tommy, who was never a fan of Guns N' Roses before joining, join? Where else is he going to be making that kind of money on a consistent basis now that he was no longer with the Replacements? Ever been to one of his solo shows? I have, and the crowd was pretty sparse (moreover, the only reason why I was there was because he was a member of GNR, wouldn't have cared otherwise).

And why would few musicians risk their own integrity to join a band that 90% of the people would see as illegitimate if it wasn't for the money? Money and the cachet of being in a legendary rock band. And why was there money to spend on such musicians and why was the band legendary? Because Guns N' Roses had brand equity built by the AFD and UYI lineup. Equity that has now been purely squandered by a decade of false starts, aborted tours, and an unenthusiastic album release.

But a guy like Del doesn't care about any of this because he's got a loyal relationship with Axl. Good for him, glad Axl has a friend who sticks be his side regardless of the pay check come tour time.

Edited by downzy

Slash and Duff were unable to give Axl the sound he was looking.

So why didn't he do a solo album if he's just interest in the sound "he was looking for"? Slash and Duff found the "sound" they wanted so why didn't he behave like a "member" of a "band" and contribute or co-write with them.

It is the record company that is *afraid* to invest in GnR in the USA market.

Afraid? You mean it's a corporate entity behaving like a corporate entity. Facts: (1) Axl is 50, (2) it's a new band but the mass population consider them fake and (3) the songs are not radio friendly. Why would they ever consider investing?? Would you invest millions of dollars of your own money AND SHAREHOLDERS money in a business venture like that?

Seeing how Axl loves his CONTRACTS he has no one to blame. He signed a contract with Geffen and is legally bound to follow their decisions in investing. If he's such an "artist" or "believes" so much in what he does he should buy out his contact and go the NIN/Radiohead route and release material online by himself.

Edited by _HelloBeatle_

^^This^^

Del has always been nothing but a Gent to me personally, He was at another show last night and loved it. So what if he thinks it's better, it is his opinion and he is entitled to it as are you guys :)

How could Del know which was better if he wasn't at the HOF induction? He couldn't. It's just as someone else said earlier, he had his mind made up once he knew Axl wouldn't be there. He's an ass kisser. He may be a friendly ass kisser, but he's an ass kisser nonetheless.

I just wonder how many of these people would still be by Axl's side if he suddenly went broke and had to live in a little tiny 1 room apartment, with no money to accomodate the lifestyle he has provided for these people for the last 20 or so years.

I just wonder how many of these people would still be by Axl's side if he suddenly went broke and had to live in a little tiny 1 room apartment, with no money to accomodate the lifestyle he has provided for these people for the last 20 or so years.

None.

Del has always been nothing but a Gent to me personally, He was at another show last night and loved it. So what if he thinks it's better, it is his opinion and he is entitled to it as are you guys :)

How could Del know which was better if he wasn't at the HOF induction? He couldn't. It's just as someone else said earlier, he had his mind made up once he knew Axl wouldn't be there. He's an ass kisser. He may be a friendly ass kisser, but he's an ass kisser nonetheless.

LOL! Take it easy! We all know Dels comment is just lame and simply not true! :rolleyes:

Firstly, trying to group Izzy's situation in with Slash and Duff is totally inaccurate. Heck, it's just plain LYING.

Secondly, it was Slash and Duff's idea to replace Adler with Sorum. Axl didn't force Adler out. Adler's drumming became a problem and it was Slash and Duff who found a solution for it. Axl just agreed to it. That is why Axl helped pay for a lot of Adler's rehab bills. Adler called Axl a "sweet heart" for taking care of him and hated Slash because he thought Slash was suppose to be his best friend.

Thirdly, Axl hasn't cried *abandonment by his former band members*. He has only defended himself after years of accusations by mostly Slash that Axl fired them all. Which is just untrue.

Fourthly, Axl is not pissed at Slash for leaving. Axl is pissed at Slash for his *revisionist* account of GnR history and for perpetuating lies that painted Axl as the "bad guy" who victimized him and every one else.

Lastly, as Axl stated, from Day 1, Slash has been trying to get Axl to join his band. With Izzy gone, Slash got his wish.

But with Izzy gone, Axl needed a new song writing partner. Axl was looking for a replacement for Izzy.That is why Axl tried many different guitarists to work with Slash.

But that's not what Slash wanted! Slash wanted to be that song writer like how he is on Snakepit and VR. Slash was unwilling to work with a new song writer in the same kind of way like how it was with Izzy for AFD, Lies, and UYI.

Axl was the one who invited Slash to replace Tracii Guns - even though Izzy did not want Slash! But by the end of UYI, the power in GnR had completely shifted in Slash's favor! It was now 4 against 1! Team Slash (Slash, Duff, Matt, Gilby) vs Team Axl (Axl only). That is why Axl called Slash a "cancer".