Tenacious D - Rock and Roll is Dead

Estranged Reality

well,rock n roll ain't dead.

Guns N roses on the other hand,is.

it's mostly Axls fault in my opinion.

he killed my all time favourite band.

Just so we're clear. The other guys left and Axl is the only original member who didn't.

Think before you write inaccurate things.

Thank you.

:thumbsup:

This is a fucking moronic topic. Not because of Tenacious D's lyrics, because I have no idea what they are, but because it's a thread about Tenacious D.

Jack Black is the fucking antithesis of comedy. That pathetic piece of shit could make the best joke in the universe sound like the ramblings of a delusional, mentally handicapped monkey.

That is all. Carry on.

Just so we're clear. The other guys left and Axl is the only original member who didn't.

Thanks. False things dont become true if you put them in a song.

If this were HTDGTH, you would have got yourself a life time ban :D

..but your correct, GN'R as we knew them, the sound, is dead. In the meantime fans have to make do with the hiredhands.

Maybe the next album might give the hiredhands the kind of break they need.

I have a feeling.. :D - Dj could point to the direction of the next album :confused:

Deep down, since all the classic musicians quit, I want Axl to go the whole hog, and let Pittman take charge, and give us 10+ tracks of Silkworms style music. 100% industrial. I'm being serious, as CD is wishwash, borderline, directionlees, frankenstein, not my cup of tea (bar a few guitar solos) kinda album :shrugs:

Edited by vaida

Thank you.

Yeah and only a handful of rather strange people actually see it that way

Those weren't the lyrics. Someone on the forum just posted those words

This is a fucking moronic topic. Not because of Tenacious D's lyrics, because I have no idea what they are, but because it's a thread about Tenacious D.

Jack Black is the fucking antithesis of comedy. That pathetic piece of shit could make the best joke in the universe sound like the ramblings of a delusional, mentally handicapped monkey.

That is all. Carry on.

It blows me away you're actually an adult. You pretty much decide how you feel about everyone by their opinion on Axl, right? If the song was praising Axl you wouldn't have said this.

Hilarious.

EDIT: The fact you're taking this so personally and getting so mad is what's hilarious. I assume you wouldn't catch that from my post so here's the explanation.

Edited by The_Universal_Sigh

Those weren't the lyrics. Someone on the forum just posted those words

Thank you for correcting me. I should have known, those lines didn't even rhyme.

That is all. Carry on.

This is a fucking moronic post. Every single person ive ever met who doesnt like Tenacious D just happens to be a complete douchenozzle head case.

Coincidence? I think not. Tenacious D isnt all about the comedy, its the great Metal spirit they embody and they do it well. They may have made this band jokingly but this does not change the fact that they in fact do rock. Thats the important part. Tenacious D rock your fucking socks off and theres nothing you or Justin Beiber can do to stop them!

Sir you may shut the fuck up.

That is all, carry on, nothing to see here.

Thank you.

Yeah and only a handful of rather strange people actually see it that way

You mean the strange kind of people who dont let it get to them that Guns N' Roses have a CD out without Slash on it?

Yes how strange we must be not to be completely outraged by this, but if thats something a normal person would be pissed off about being normal must be pretty gay.

That is all. Carry on.

It blows me away you're actually an adult. You pretty much decide how you feel about everyone by their opinion on Axl, right? If the song was praising Axl you wouldn't have said this.

Hilarious.

EDIT: The fact you're taking this so personally and getting so mad is what's hilarious. I assume you wouldn't catch that from my post so here's the explanation.

Are you high? I don't even know if he insulted Axl, which you would know if you had even the tiniest bit of reading comprehension. If he did or didn't is completely irrelevant to the fact that Jack Black is one of the biggest wankers on earth.

Deal with it.

That is all. Carry on.

This is a fucking moronic post. Every single person ive ever met who doesnt like Tenacious D just happens to be a complete douchenozzle head case.

Coincidence? I think not. Tenacious D isnt all about the comedy, its the great Metal spirit they embody and they do it well. They may have made this band jokingly but this does not change the fact that they in fact do rock. Thats the important part. Tenacious D rock your fucking socks off and theres nothing you or Justin Beiber can do to stop them!

Sir you may shut the fuck up.

That is all, carry on, nothing to see here.

Really? Every fan of Jack Black that I have ever met has been a simple minded moron that gets amused by a guy with 3/4 the weight and none of the talent of Chris Farley .

I won't be teaming up with Beiber any time soon as I am pretty sure that he is a Black fan.

I can shut the fuck up now though. I think that I've wasted enough time stating my opinion of that moron.

why does it upset you so much that some people don't like Tenacious D? i thought they were okay back when the first album came out, but to be honest, that comedy is boring to me now, i was 14 back then...

I am so sick of going to festivals, no matter which ones i go to, and some idiot will start singing tribute at the top of their lungs only to have 117,000 people finish the entire song! Why? why do people feel the need to compulsively scream those lyrics? it has happened since 2001... thats more than a decade.

I wouldn't mind so much if they were going to play the fest, or it was their gig, but it is just constant. a never ending sea of quotes whenever you get more than 5 people together. this is actually the reason i am not going to download fest, they are playing and it is always full of people singing that damn song, it is like the 'life of brian' of rock music, the barrage of quotes ruins it