I'd go Occupy Saint Louis if Fortus was there.

Last I heard St.Louis wasn't too keen on GNR,maybe you could wear a GNR tshirt and be a one-man occupation.

Maybe Axl doesn't pay them as much as most of you seem to think? Then again I am one of those naive fools who think they are in this for the music.

Nope, they get paid plenty. I'm not going to say how I know this, because frankly it's not my place to share what I know, but I can tell you that they're all plenty well off monetarily ;)

Those that know don't talk; those that talk don't know.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Axl doesn't pay them as much as most of you seem to think? Then again I am one of those naive fools who think they are in this for the music.

Nope, they get paid plenty. I'm not going to say how I know this, because frankly it's not my place to share what I know, but I can tell you that they're all plenty well off monetarily ;)

I'm not sharing because it involves personal conversations between myself and a band member. I don't know any details about how much any band members make, but I do know they're not strapped for cash. Some people may know why I'm being cryptic, and others may not.

22,000 (o2 arena) x £56 = £1, 232 000

1,232,000.00 GBP=1,992,160.27 USD

7 x 10,000 = $70,000

1,992,160.27 - 70,000 = 1 922 160.27

So that's just short of $2 million to pay for Axl and everyone you mentioned after the bands wages been taken out, surely that's a fair deal?

Now think of how much they will get for a festival?

Lollll they obviously do not sell 22,000 tickets at every show. You also neglect to realize how much Ticketmaster and the venue itself take from ticket sales themselves. Touring logistics would be insane also. All those amplifier heads, cabinets, the stage set up, pyrotechnics, lighting, mixing stations are all very large and very heavy. Moving these objects interstate and overseas would be very costly.

Edited by Young_Gun

Just finished reading the thread about Bumble's medical bills and ensuing debate about whether the bandmembers are sufficiently paid, then I came across the story below about Richard having to put his house on the market as a short sale because his lender has agreed to allow the house to be sold for less than the outstanding balance on the mortgage.

Six years after purchasing the house, he still owes more than the $429K current market value? I'm really beginning to wonder if all the touring and no new album is because ticket sales is the best source of revenue these days for musicians. A recent study found that concert revenue is typically two to three times greater than album sales revenue, so why should GNR stop touring to record a new album?

I have to say, reading about a bandmember's short sale of a house that's worth only $429K really makes me wonder WTF is happening with all the money that's being pulled in from all these tours.

Thoughts?

http://www.noisecreep.com/2012/05/02/richard-fortus-re-lists-house-guns-n-roses/

Good news for Guns N' Roses super fans: It's probably never been more affordable to live in a home formerly owned by one of the band's members. This is bad news, however, for Richard Fortus -- or perhaps more correctly, for his mortgage company. According to the San Fernando Valley Blog, the guitarist has re-listed for $429,000 a Woodland Hills, Calif., home he bought for $700,000 back in 2006.

Fortus was originally asking $549,000 for the single-story, three-bedroom, 1,500-square-foot contemporary house, and the new price represents an approved "short sale." As Blabbermouth.net explains, a short sale is what happens when a property owner owes more than their home's market value and, facing some sort of hardship, gets permission from the lender to sell for less than is owed.

The 43-year-old veteran axeman is reportedly selling the pad because he's moved back to his hometown of St. Louis to be near family.

By all indications, the house is a steal -- and not just because the flat-screen TV hanging in the living room was a present from Axl Rose. There's also a pool, an outdoor living room, stainless-steel appliances and a covered patio.

"Based on nearby similar listings, this home appears to be the cheapest so there is a good chance that it sells relatively quickly," reads the San Fernando Valley Blog post.

He has young kids, and I just think he wants to get out to St Louis before they get any older and have to make new friends. The history of that house had it changing hands 6 or 7 times before he bought it. It's not a new house, and wasn't worth what he paid for it, it's your typical SoCal house built in the 50s. Anyone who bought their house in the 90s and held on to it until 2006-2007 made serious bank though.

7 x 10,000 = $70,000

So that's just short of $2 million to pay for Axl and everyone you mentioned after the bands wages been taken out, surely that's a fair deal?

Lollll they obviously do not sell 22,000 tickets at every show. You also neglect to realize how much Ticketmaster and the venue itself take from ticket sales themselves. Touring logistics would be insane also. All those amplifier heads, cabinets, the stage set up, pyrotechnics, lighting, mixing stations are all very large and very heavy. Moving these objects interstate and overseas would be very costly.

At least here in Brazil they sell tickets for like £70 (the cheap ones), £80, £100, and even £200 (VIP tickets). If you think about it, at least in Rio and Sao Paulo they sell at least 40.000 tickets easily each night. That's too much money. They should tour South America more :tongue2:

I'm not sharing because it involves personal conversations between myself and a band member. I don't know any details about how much any band members make, but I do know they're not strapped for cash. Some people may know why I'm being cryptic, and others may not.

No worries Dan, IMO you are exhibiting integrity,discretion and respect!

Props for you,and let em' worry about you being "enigmatic and cryptic" Way to go!! :thumbsup:

Props for you,and let em' worry about you being "enigmatic and cryptic" Way to go!! :thumbsup:

Exactly Sailaway! How can you call yourself a true fan, and a Man, if all you worry about is other ppls success in life. That my friends is a coward, a loser, a leech, and a vampire, because they are jealous of others success in life. This thread should not exist at all.

Exactly Sailaway! How can you call yourself a true fan, and a Man, if all you worry about is other ppls success in life. That my friends is a coward, a loser, a leech, and a vampire, because they are jealous of others success in life. This thread should not exist at all.

Vicarious existance is a Fuckin' waste of time

This is one of those things.... who fucking cares? If dude declares bankruptcy than there's a thread but as it stands he's got way more than twice as much money as I do so who gives a rats ass if he can or cannot afford this awesome house?

That sucks.

This is one of those things.... who fucking cares? If dude declares bankruptcy than there's a thread but as it stands he's got way more than twice as much money as I do so who gives a rats ass if he can or cannot afford this awesome house?

People who have money, do so because they know how to keep it.... Nobody got rich spending money unwisely. I don't know the American money system, but you can be sure that he will have taken advice on this, as will have BBF with his medical fees. The insurance thing is a red herring, if somebody else is picking up the tab for something that wasn't your fault, who wouldn't be pissed in having to pick up the bill.

7 x 10,000 = $70,000

At least here in Brazil they sell tickets for like £70 (the cheap ones), £80, £100, and even £200 (VIP tickets). If you think about it, at least in Rio and Sao Paulo they sell at least 40.000 tickets easily each night. That's too much money. They should tour South America more :tongue2:

I never understood the love for GNR so much there than anywhere else? or is it a case of south america really into their concerts and most top acts can expect similar audiences?

7 x 10,000 = $70,000

I never understood the love for GNR so much there than anywhere else? or is it a case of south america really into their concerts and most top acts can expect similar audiences?

Yeah, they're like that with every band.

People who have money, do so because they know how to keep it.... Nobody got rich spending money unwisely.

You also have to spend some money to make some money, ie., invest, but I see your point. Unfortunately Fortus's real estate investment didn't pay off.

These guys may be alright financially, but they're certainly a frugal bunch. Ron drove a Toyota, Tommy flies coach, and Richard's house isn't extravagant. None of them seem to be living the typical rockstar lifestyle except for Axl. I expect though with the help of side projects they're probably doing okay overall.

Guest gunns5

Some people here can't seem to grasp the concept of a person being asset rich but cash poor. Fortus probably has a lot of investments/assets that he doesn't want to liquidize in order to pay for a house when the housing market in America is fucked (well it's starting to come back..).

Hi there. Welcome to the last few years of real estate.

In the US maybe, the rest of the world is coping fine

Well Richard's house is in the U.S. Also, you may want to do a little research on Europe. :eyeroll:

All this means is that he wants to get rid of the house and the amount on the note is greater than the current market value of the home. Very common these days, especially in markets that were grossly inflated before the housing market crash like LA

In order to do this, he needs approval from the bank. Of course, people on here are jumping to conclusions that it means he's in financial trouble, when in reality he's probably just trying to unload a house that he's not living in/using and would be losing money on each month. His monthly payment is probably $3,000 or so a month, more depending on what he put down, and he couldn't possibly rent the house for that much in the current market.

Not wanting to throw money down the drain does not equal financial woes.