Who else here love what Guns have done this year?

iftheworld

I love the fact they pulled TWAT out again. Rosie is back. Plus, I actually think Axl started off in a better stat than he did last year. I'm loving Ron's look he's rocking. All signs point to good things for the US later this year.

Well ..US later this year is about as unconfirmed as unconfirmed gets ..this is still Gn'R. I'd go see them again without a doubt but thats only because of my weird obsession with this band.

But to be completely honest, I'm getting sick of the same vicious cycle. Tour, rumors about album, "we're getting into the studio" ..then you hear nothing, then Tour with rumors of new legs being added in other parts of the world on this tour, tour ends, hiatus with no mention of fucking anything.

It's the same old cycle, what the fuck is the deal with this band and just getting out NEWS, or SOMETHING. Give me SOMETHING. A single twitter picture of the guys, or just Axl, recording in a studio with "working on the new single for November!" ..like basically every other fucking band in the world does would make me ejaculate, everywhere.

The thing is, news like the hypothetical piece I suggested above is run of the mill for any successful big band, and those normal bands fans will say "oh cool, they're getting together some new stuff for us" ..yet us Gn'R fans would probably shut down sectors of the internet, which has happened. My point is, that SHOULDN'T be such a big deal, but with this band, they never give us anything.

I just want something. I want new Guns N' Roses music.

So to be honest, no I'm not even near loving what Guns has done this year, because it's the same "vicious cycle" as stated above

Just my two cents

Edited by GunsNRevolvers2

Well ..US later this year is about as unconfirmed as unconfirmed gets ..this is still Gn'R. I'd go see them again without a doubt but thats only because of my weird obsession with this band.

But to be completely honest, I'm getting sick of the same vicious cycle. Tour, rumors about album, "we're getting into the studio" ..then you hear nothing, then Tour with rumors of new legs being added in other parts of the world on this tour, tour ends, hiatus with no mention of fucking anything.

It's the same old cycle, what the fuck is the deal with this band and just getting out NEWS, or SOMETHING. Give me SOMETHING. A single twitter picture of the guys, or just Axl, recording in a studio with "working on the new single for November!" ..like basically every other fucking band in the world does would make me ejaculate, everywhere.

The thing is, news like the hypothetical piece I suggested above is run of the mill for any successful big band, and those normal bands fans will say "oh cool, they're getting together some new stuff for us" ..yet us Gn'R fans would probably shut down sectors of the internet, which has happened. My point is, that SHOULDN'T be such a big deal, but with this band, they never give us anything.

I just want something. I want new Guns N' Roses music.

So to be honest, no I'm not even near loving what Guns has done this year, because it's the same "vicious cycle" as stated above

Just my two cents

this.

Everything's going great. Since the new management took over there's more a positive vibe, less paranoia.

I agree with you, but I do have reservations about current managements capability to get a record released.

They are doing a great job of setting up tours though.

ii'd love to hear twat again. some new songs we haven't heard too for upcoming live shows. my dream is to one day see and hear Robin Finck perform This I Love with Axl. My fav song on the chinese democracy record. My fav solo from the record too. Robin's recent live performance with Guns on Better made me dream this could happen one day. one can dream!

Edited by finck6

Everything's going great. Since the new management took over there's more a positive vibe, less paranoia.

I agree with you, but I do have reservations about current managements capability to get a record released.

They seem more representative of what Axl is thinking. they aren't trying to orchestrate something behind the scenes. the hard ass or trying to force Axl to do something just doesn't work.

ii'd love to hear twat again. some new songs we haven't heard too for upcoming live shows. my dream is to one day see and hear Robin Finck perform This I Love with Axl. My fav song on the chinese democracy record. My fav solo from the record too. Robin's recent live performance with Guns on Better made me dream this could happen one day. one can dream!

I like your dreams!

They seem more representative of what Axl is thinking. they aren't trying to orchestrate something behind the scenes. the hard ass or trying to force Axl to do something just doesn't work.

Yeah, he's definitely proven that time and time again. :lol:

I'm just curious about how the record company veiws Axl's choice of management, and I wonder if they take them seriously or not.

If they can get a record released soon though, I will definitely give them all of the credit in the world.

They are currently a well oiled machine live, the two shows I was at (LA Forum 2011 and the Wiltern in March) were fantastic. The fact TWAT was played is great and I am glad the guitarists have worked on new solo spots. But so far I do not see anything about this year that is more promising than 2010 or 2011 so far.

Do any of you ever stop to think about what Axl and his band may want? You've made it quite clear that YOU want a record or anything new but he might have something different in mind.

On topic- I'm just happy to see that he's sounding somewhat okay this time around. He's been horrible at the beginning of tours over the years.

I truly believe if he would slim down to what he was back in 06 he would sound even better. He was almost vintage Axl at times back then. Notice I said "almost"!!!!

So even though they're on the other side of the planet from me I still gotta say that I'm happy with what GN'R has done in 2012.

Do any of you ever stop to think about what Axl and his band may want? You've made it quite clear that YOU want a record or anything new but he might have something different in mind.

On topic- I'm just happy to see that he's sounding somewhat okay this time around. He's been horrible at the beginning of tours over the years.

I truly believe if he would slim down to what he was back in 06 he would sound even better. He was almost vintage Axl at times back then. Notice I said "almost"!!!!

So even though they're on the other side of the planet from me I still gotta say that I'm happy with what GN'R has done in 2012.

Ice cream?

Ice cream?

I'm thinking the guilty culprits were between ice cream, snack cakes (swiss cake rolls), Krystal Chilli Cheese Fries, or he eats big dinners and pounds down breadsticks like crazy.

LOL to be fair, it's not like he's a blimp or anything. I don't mean to get carried away but I think the guy has learned to enjoy his food over the years. Nothing wrong with that I guess.

Edited by Smokin' Cigarettes

Ice cream?

I'm thinking the guilty culprits were between ice cream, snack cakes (swiss cake rolls), Krystal Chilli Cheese Fries, or he eats big dinners and pounds down breadsticks like crazy.

LOL to be fair, it's not like he's a blimp or anything. I don't mean to get carried away but I think the guy has learned to enjoy his food over the years. Nothing wrong with that I guess.

It's called middle aged spread & we all have it, unless you are on fad diets which most of us have no reason to be & couldn't really care less.

What's this going back the US business - give us living in the Pacific a chance to see them before they do the US again, after all they can tour the US as much as they want once they cover our part of the world.

Some of us have never seen them at all, I knew part of the original band & know all of the current band & love what they are doing. Just as long as they head over this way in the next 12 months I'll be even more happy. :rolleyes:

I love the fact they pulled TWAT out again. Rosie is back. Plus, I actually think Axl started off in a better stat than he did last year. I'm loving Ron's look he's rocking. All signs point to good things for the US later this year.

It's been a great year in GN'R history. And it will be even better if the band hits the recording studio after the European tour.

New music is very little relevant for most people. Sure it'd be nice for us hard-core fans to hear new music, but truth is that even CD is a virtual stranger to most GnR "fans" out there.

Axl is a smart guy and has long as he keeps touring greatest-hits tour he´ll keep making money indefinitely since good ol´classics never grow old.

If he ever decides to release new music it's his personal choice and will be pretty much a hard-core fan niche thing - not much money to be made out of it... And Axl surely needs the money to keep on living his lifestyle and paying his hired band.

I find it hard to be impressed, they are only doing what normal bands have done forever. Impressive for GnR but normal for everybody else.

If we are to compare with other bands then I think we should be fair and compare with other bands who released their debut record ~ 25 years ago, not with new and hungry bands with everything to prove and nothing to lose. And most of these other old bands were disbanded many years ago, they don't even exist! The fact that Guns N' Roses still exists and is remarkably alive and active, despite all the troubles and former members quitting, is a huge testament to Axl's stubbornness and longevity. So yeah, it is impressive. I was certain GN'R wouldn't even survive to see the 90's, and here we are, in 2012, with a great tour going on and lots of suggestions of new music on the horizon with less than four years since the latest release. I think it is pretty impressive.

+1