NEW Aerosmith Album - August 28th

The Real McCoy

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"it is a return to the 70's kick ass sound"

I see that same hype before every new album comes out.I used to let myself believe it.

I also gave up on the "new" Alice Cooper albums being a "return to the Billion Dollar Babies era".

:shrugs:

Apparently it has to do with timing the duet with Carrie Underwood as the 3rd single around American Idol in some way, shape, or form.

If this is actually true, then it is the dumbest reason ever.

If it sells...

Yeah, I know... lol.

Can't they just do what every other aged band does and remaster their discography around a new album, so they get money that way?

I read somewhere that literally everyone was against the duet with Carrie except Steven. Such a shame. She doesn't do duets on any song that's below amazing (except maybe for some one-off live performance), so I trust Beautiful will be great. Maybe this was more of a below the surface issue, though. Like maybe they didn't know Carrie would be on it until the last possible second? I don't know.

Either way, I'm looking forward to the album. I kinda like Legendary Child, but honestly, I wanna hear that duet more than anything.

"it is a return to the 70's kick ass sound"

I see that same hype before every new album comes out.I used to let myself believe it.

I also gave up on the "new" Alice Cooper albums being a "return to the Billion Dollar Babies era".

:shrugs:

You are probably right mate but I can always hope and dream ..... :shrugs:

In any case I have seen them over a dozen times over the years and never seen a bad show....looking forward to the Boston show this summer....

Edited by classicrawker

Apparently it has to do with timing the duet with Carrie Underwood as the 3rd single around American Idol in some way, shape, or form.

If this is actually true, then it is the dumbest reason ever.

If it sells...

Yeah, I know... lol.

Can't they just do what every other aged band does and remaster their discography around a new album, so they get money that way?

I couldn't stand yet another Aerosmith Greatest Hits... must have the most surely?!

• 4 weeks later...

The writing credits for the album popped up yesterday...

1. What Could Have Been Love - Russ Irwin, Steven Tyler, Marti Frederiksen.

2. Beautiful - Steven Tyler, Marti Frederiksen, Brad Whitford, Joey Kramer, Tom Hamilton.

3. Street Jesus - Brad Whitford, Steven Tyler.

4. Legendary Child - Steven Tyler, Joe Perry, Jim Vallance.

5. Oh Yeah - (did not find this out)

6. We All Fall Down - Diane Warren

7. Another Last Goodbye - Steven Tyler, Joe Perry, Desmond Child.

8. Out Go The Lights - Steven Tyler, Joe Perry.

9. Love Three Times A Day - Steven Tyler, Joe Perry.

10. Closer - Steven Tyler, Marti Frederiksen, Joey Kramer.

11. Lover A Lot - Steven Tyler, Brad Whitford, Tom Hamilton, Joey Kramer, Jesse Kramer, Marti Fredericksen, Moir.

12. Freedom Fighter - Joe Perry

13. Up On A Mountain (did not get, but its the Tom song)

Courtesy of the AeroFANatic Facebook page.

Edited by The Real McCoy

They were such a phenomenal creative force at the time that they're still milking the Get A Grip sessions to this day. But with this song (Legendary Child) they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel. It would be one of the weaker tracks Just Push Play or Nine Lives. I don't doubt there will be some good songs on the album though.

They were such a phenomenal creative force at the time that they're still milking the Get A Grip sessions to this day. But with this song (Legendary Child) they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel. It would be one of the weaker tracks Just Push Play or Nine Lives. I don't doubt there will be some good songs on the album though.

"Street Jesus" has been described as "Rats In the Cellar" meets "Toys In the Attic."

Yes, please.

Edited by The Real McCoy

Guest Broskirose

Legendary Child is a great tune.

"Street Jesus" has been described as "Rats In the Cellar" meets "Toys In the Attic."

Yes, please.

Toys live is always a spectacle. The album version isn't great in itself but it did provide the blueprint for the perfect show closer. It reaches a whole new level in concert. I've never been a fan of Rats, it's alright, nothing special to me. I like most of the songs on the first three albums and a handful off the next three but overall I'm not a big fan of their 70s music. I like it live though.

Yes, please.

Toys live is always a spectacle. The album version isn't great in itself but it did provide the blueprint for the perfect show closer. It reaches a whole new level in concert. I've never been a fan of Rats, it's alright, nothing special to me. I like most of the songs on the first three albums and a handful off the next three but overall I'm not a big fan of their 70s music. I like it live though.

Check out the writing credits that I posted...this album definitely seems to be a "band effort."

I still see Child and Warren and Frederiksen (where are Vallance and Supa?) so I'm certain it will be closer in sound to JPP than Draw The Line (the two extremes, I suppose, in their sound - and their fandom). The last album they put out were blues covers but they did it in their own style. It's what they do best imo: write blues and produce it as pop rock; plays to their strengths. I expect the same from this album. Plus a couple of pop power ballads. Just don't try rap or autotune or something like that, you're 60 years old.

I still see Child and Warren and Frederiksen (where are Vallance and Supa?) so I'm certain it will be closer in sound to JPP than Draw The Line (the two extremes, I suppose, in their sound - and their fandom). The last album they put out were blues covers but they did it in their own style. It's what they do best imo: write blues and produce it as pop rock; plays to their strengths. I expect the same from this album. Plus a couple of pop power ballads. Just don't try rap or autotune or something like that, you're 60 years old.

Vallance wrote "Legendary Child" with Tyler and Perry.

Oh, right, there he is. Couldn't have been far :D

I don't mind Russ Irwin being on there as a co-writer since he's the unofficial sixth member at this point.

One of the two Marti songs either "Beautiful" or "Closer" is going to be the country duet w/ Carrie Underwood.

The "Moir" who has a writing credit is apparently Brad"s guitar tech.

I've heard that the Diane Warren song is going to be fairly epic in terms of lyrical content.

I like seeing Whitford/Kramer/Hamilton getting their fair chances to write anything for the band for the first time in YEARS.

Even Joey's son has a writing credit. That's pretty cool.

I still see Child and Warren and Frederiksen (where are Vallance and Supa?) so I'm certain it will be closer in sound to JPP than Draw The Line (the two extremes, I suppose, in their sound - and their fandom).

Not that I expected any differently. I don't understand people who keep waiting for an Aerosmith album that sounds like Rocks. It's like waiting for a GNR reunion - it's over, gone, not gonna happen, get over it. And it would sound completely out of place if it did happen. Can you imagine Steven Tyler in his pink and orange outfits, fresh off the American Idol sets, with his current voice singing something like Milk Cow Blues or Last Child without all of it seeming completely off? But then you have Pink and you hear it and it just fits. It's like "yeah, when he opened his mouth this is exactly the kind of song I expected to come out". Or Girls of Summer. They do the sleazy grampa thing way better than the junkie rockstar.