Who is the better piano player? Dizzy or Axl?

Strange Broue

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never understood why people disliked Dizzy's piano work on UYI. It gives it very a Stonesy vibe and gives it a little different flavor than the previous releases, nothing wrong with that. Plus the outro on Locomotive is awesome

I think Axl's greatest strength on the piano is his ability to compose on it. He has an ability to create songs with tremendous beauty and great structure even if they aren't "complicated" or hard to play. He has a great sense of melody. Though NR, Estranged and TIL are pretty impressive compositions.

Also have to give credit to Dizzy for The Blues though; absolutely beautiful piano work on that song.

Nicely put. I love the piano on the Illusions too, it adds nice texture to the songs.

yes, i'm back :lol:

Axl sounds pretty good to me.

that's because you know jackshit about piano, his technique is mediocre to say the least

I've played piano since I was 10, I'm now 27 and teach the piano.

This is awkward.

Axl is a great song composer and can write some pretty beautiful melodies on piano BUT Dizzy is a Piano wizard and could play anything way better technically.... Axl's technique is ass backwards.... doesn't matter though for writing great tunes!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Broskirose

I find it hard to believe anyone who voted for Dizzy has taste in music.

The man is so mediocre it seems like he should be playing in a 12 year olds garage band.

Guest Broskirose

Dizzy...without Dizzy, there would be no november rain.

I still don't get why slash and duff didnt want to play that song..

facepalm