Slash - The Cat in the Hat: The Story So Far

auad

As far as image goes Slash is easily the most recognizable guitar player in the past 30 years and then you go with his songs n everyone knows the the beginning of SCOM n Jungle heck even Slither the guy just has a knack for creating memorable riffs and just plain good music

Slash has to be in the Top 5 of living recognizable guitar players on the planet right now.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone can play what he plays but just a couple of people can play it the way he is playing it.

yeah, those are the guys that stay in people's memory. Kurt and Jack are in that category.

We seem to understand each other but i disagree that kurt & Jack Will be remembered by their guitar playing.

As far as image goes Slash is easily the most recognizable guitar player in the past 30 years and then you go with his songs n everyone knows the the beginning of SCOM n Jungle heck even Slither the guy just has a knack for creating memorable riffs and just plain good music

Slash has to be in the Top 5 of living recognizable guitar players on the planet right now.

By general public, not counting rock fans? I think he might be #1.

Kurt Cobain and jack White Have to go. They don't come close to to guitar icons. Brian may is deffinetly in there.

Myles kennedy is a better guitarist than both of them and he is far from a guitar icon.

But that's the thing, being a better guitarist hasn't got that much to do with it, that's why Rusty Cooley and Chris Impelliteri ain't icons. Players can be trained/taught/made, musicians are a different matter.

Shit, even the guy in the initial text, Keith Richards ain't much of a player, but he's a hell of an icon. I'm sure Myles is a better guitarist than him too.

Kurt and Jack are pop icons not guitar icons because when you think of them you don't associate them with a great solo or unique guitar playing. Keith brought the country and blues feel to rock.

Now about Myles, technically he is a better guitar player than Keith but he is not a better over all guitar player.

Take Gary Clark Jr. for an example. Anyone can play what he plays but just a couple of people can play it the way he is playing it.

Never heard about him before, great song!

No, guessing Hendrix, Clapton, BB King, Richards will come first, at least in my country. Than Slash, than Van Halen.

Oh, I know people who actually never heard of Slash, non rockfans. Untill I say, GNR, than they do. I know, scarry..... :scared:

Edited by MBRose

Recognizable - Jack White, Slash, Eddie Van Halen, BB King, Billy Gibbons, Angus Young, Carlos Santana, Chuck Berry, Dave Navarro, Joe Walsh, Prince, Keith Richards, Neil Young, Ted Nugent, Tom Morello

No, guessing Hendrix, Clapton, BB King, Richards will come first, at least in my country. Than Slash, than Van Halen.

Oh, I know people who actually never heard of Slash, non rockfans. Untill I say, GNR, than they do. I know, scarry..... :scared:

I actually think Slash would come before any of those, at least in Brazil and the US. People saw Slash in the Super Bowl, people saw Slash in MTV Awards, in the Charlie Sheen Roast, he's everywhere. Plus, he looks iconic. I've seen people think Jimi Hendrix is Bob Marley and vice-versa.

Probably only topped by Hendrix. No doubt about it!

What a dumb discussion :rofl-lol: And Jack White.. dumbest thing I've ever heard. Same goes for Kurt Cobain. :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

I actually think Slash would come before any of those, at least in Brazil and the US. People saw Slash in the Super Bowl, people saw Slash in MTV Awards, in the Charlie Sheen Roast, he's everywhere. Plus, he looks iconic. I've seen people think Jimi Hendrix is Bob Marley and vice-versa.

I am from Europe, we don't watch superbowl, no Roast, MTV awards not that relevant. Besides depends who you are asking. Maybe younger people will say Slash. The older will say Hendrix, Clapton, Richards for sure before Slash. But not important, Slash most definately is one of the most Iconic.