Slash - The Cat in the Hat: The Story So Far

auad

slashcatdvd.jpg

A documentary featuring the legendary VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash will be released on on Blu-ray on August 21 via Pride.

A two-disc set with a running time of 131 minutes, "Slash - The Cat In The Hat: The Story So Far" is described as follows: "The most iconic rock guitarist since Keith Richards, Slash has achieved the status of 'most interesting hard rock act in the world today'. And 20 years after the demise proper of the group with whom he made his name, he continues to build on an already remarkable career trajectory, while his old sparring partner in GUNS N' ROSES produces pale imitations of past glories. This two-disc set includes a DVD documentary tracing the life and times of Slash, and a disc of audio interviews with the Cat himself during which he speaks candidly and honestly on almost everything he feels strongly about."

Slash's second solo album, "Apocalyptic Love", is likely to sell between 30,000 and 35,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release, according to industry web site Hits Daily Double. The estimate was based on one-day sales reports compiled after the record arrived in stores on May 22 via Slash's own label Dik Hayd International distributed through EMI.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=174659

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most iconic since Keith Richards? I know a lot more iconic guitarist

I think it really is an odd choice of words. You think he approved this? Can't imagine

maybe Kurt and Jack White... that ain't a lot.

Never thought of those two as iconic guitarists..........

Same.

Same.

Kurt had his moments... but Jack White? Really?

Same.

I'm with you.

Don't think White is that good.

Same.

I'm with you.

Jack White? I'm not gonna say I hate him but I have deeply dislike him and what he represents. Slash is way more iconic than him. And Kurt isn't iconic as a guitarist, he's iconic as a frontman, as a person. He was "awesome" frontman that happened to play guitar, IMO. Slash is way more iconic as a guitar god. He's one of the most iconic, really. He's up there with Van Halen, Keith Richards, Jimi Hendrix, etc... at least as an icon. People like Slash before they even listen to one of his songs. That's how iconic he is. And cat in the hat? REALLY? just 'cause fit rhymes? He's a fucking SNAKE in the hat! ALWAYS! rock3

Same.

I'm with you.

Jack White? I'm not gonna say I hate him but I have deeply dislike him and what he represents. Slash is way more iconic than him. And Kurt isn't iconic as a guitarist, he's iconic as a frontman, as a person. He was "awesome" frontman that happened to play guitar, IMO. Slash is way more iconic as a guitar god. He's one of the most iconic, really. He's up there with Van Halen, Keith Richards, Jimi Hendrix, etc... at least as an icon. People like Slash before they even listen to one of his songs. That's how iconic he is. And cat in the hat? REALLY? just 'cause fit rhymes? He's a fucking SNAKE in the hat! ALWAYS! rock3

i agree..

just show your friends pictures of Jack White, Kurt and Slash and see who they recognize first... same applies to some of the names mentioned before

and the most amazing thing is, he's not just recognizable by pictures.... you listen 2 notes and you know it's him, that requires more talent, to give your guitar your identity... too many copycats and people ripping off Van Halen out there these days...

Same.

I'm with you.

i agree..

just show your friends pictures of Jack White, Kurt and Slash and see who they recognize first... same applies to some of the names mentioned before

and the most amazing thing is, he's not just recognizable by pictures.... you listen 2 notes and you know it's him, that requires more talent, to give your guitar your identity... too many copycats and people ripping off Van Halen out there these days...

Jack White? I'm not gonna say I hate him but I have deeply dislike him and what he represents.[2]

Ofcourse Slash is one of the most iconinc, his image and all. But it just sounds so arrogant, cause he is not the best.

Very very good ofcourse, true (before you all attack me).

The words chosen for this promotion is just odd IMO.

As far as iconic goes, yes. Nothing necessarily to do with how well they play. But rather how far reaching their work, and how representative they are of their field to the general public.

Iconic artistic achievement then?

Jack White is definitely an iconic player. Would go see him over Slash any day. Once you've seen Slash once, you've seen him a billion times. Generic and samey all the time. His best years IMO were before AFD made it big. Full of energy, full of improv in his solos, figuring his instrument out. But pretty much just hit a plateau very quickly.

His image is more what makes him a icon. Much like how the Kardasians are icons of sorts :/

His work in songs is very good, but he has hardly pushed the instrument, reintroduced ppl to a type of music, or done anything remotely significant musically since Guns.

JW on the other hand has, and all of his bands have offered something different, whilst his production is fucking mean too. (and this isn't me trolling its facing facts, my name's been the same for ages too)

Infact Slash is playing better than probably ever these days, so it's well worth going to his shows today more than ever. Jack is kind of like Prince, an incredible all around singer/musician, but sometimes you wish he did more guitar.

But I can't believe nobody's mentioned Jimmy Page yet.