The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

Cool, so i'm like, a cable away from being up and running? Nice one. It's just like...a scart lead basically innit? A posh scart lead that makes the picture better or something?

Sounds like you need a cheap HDMI cable..Don't let the sales person ing the store try to sell you an expensive cable, like Monster Cable, as they will not give you a better quality picture. As long as the cable is less then 10 ft long an inexpensive cable is all you need

Cool, so i'm like, a cable away from being up and running? Nice one. It's just like...a scart lead basically innit? A posh scart lead that makes the picture better or something?

Yeah, you can still hook up your system with the box cables but an hdmi will make it look a lot better. Don't spend over $30 for one though.

Yo BS, what would be the best version of Brave to get right now? I watched the movie last night and loved it! Oh, and Ted fuckin' sucks, so I cancelled my UK pre-order. :lol:

Depends lol I'm probably going to end up getting the $30 lunchbox 3D version, technically with my pre-order case, so not too bad really.

If you don't want that, I think you can get the regular 2D version for $20-23. :)

And I'm gonna watch Ted this weekend so I'm hoping I like it!

Yeah, you can still hook up your system with the box cables but an hdmi will make it look a lot better. Don't spend over $30 for one though.

You can get a decent quality HDMI cable for about $10 which will work just fine...HDMI is transferring digital data so you will either get a picture or you won't, there is no in between like with analog signals, so unless you are running the cable over 10ft it is a waste of money to buy an expensive cable as your picture will not look any better with a $30 cable then you will with a $10 cable..........

Edited by classicrawker

You can get a decent quality HDMI cable for about $10 which will work just fine...HDMI is transferring digital data so you will either get a picture or you won't, there is no in between like with analog signals, so unless you are running the cable over 10ft it is a waste of money to buy an expensive cable as your picture will not look any better with a $30 cable then you will with a $10 cable..........

But there are some cheap HDMI cables that give you a nicer quality than others, I can tell.

But there are some cheap HDMI cables that give you a nicer quality than others, I can tell.

It is digital data mate so an expensive cable is not going to give you better picture quality then a cheap cable.....So if you are going to connect an HDMI cable and never unplug it again as long as you get a picture it will be the same quality as a $79 Monster Cable. It is a myth that high priced HDMI cables give you a "better" picture as digintal data transfer does not work that way.

Just one of many excellent articles which debunk the need for an expensive HDMI cable for HDTV...

http://www.pcmag.com...,2385272,00.asp

Edited by classicrawker

I agree to an extent, and never sold anyone one over $30 but some cables definitely don't transfer as fast, I know from experience. Granted though for his situation, a $10 cable should be more than fine.

If you are talking high data transfer situations. like gigiabytes, then yes maybe a more expensive cable may be rated for a higher transfer rate but for HD TV this is not required so a $10 cable is all you need............

It is digital data mate so an expensive cable is not going to give you better picture quality then a cheap cable.....So if you are going to connect an HDMI cable and never unplug it again as long as you get a picture it will be the same quality as a $79 Monster Cable. It is a myth that high priced HDMI cables give you a "better" picture as digintal data transfer does not work that way.

Just one of many excellent articles which debunk the need for an expensive HDMI cable for HDTV...

http://www.pcmag.com...,2385272,00.asp

Oh, but I never mentioned those high-priced cables. I know there are no difference between those, what I said was, I know there are some cheap cables (aka Amazon $6 HDMI) that are better than others (name other cheap brand here), I have experienced some quality differences. Both of them cost me around the same.

I agree to an extent, and never sold anyone one over $30 but some cables definitely don't transfer as fast, I know from experience. Granted though for his situation, a $10 cable should be more than fine.

If you are talking high data transfer situations. like gigiabytes, then yes maybe a more expensive cable may be rated for a higher transfer rate but for HD TV this is not required so a $10 cable is all you need............

Well for example, I have my DVR hooked up to my receiver with a cheapo cable, and whenever I change the channel or anything really, it always drops out and takes 1-3 seconds from it to transfer and register it. I switched the cables for a minute to one of my audioquest cables just for shits and giggles and didn't have the problem.

I'm by no means saying the expensive cables are worth it, but for a few dollars more (or even less) in some cases, I wouldn't mind grabbing an AudioQuest cable or something. That said, the only reason all of my cables are AQ are because I got them at a discounted price that was the same as the cheapo cables. :lol:

Also, went hard and bought the Amazing Spider-Man steelbook today, pre-ordered Finding Nemo with a collector's case, and bought the Amazing Spider-Man gift set with the figurines. I have such a problem :lol:

Could be a 720p t.v. or something len.

That means not full HDTV (proper HD is 1020p)...so it might not be mindblowing high def.

Maybe ask your brother about it.