Battleship

Black Swan

Warrior

J. Edgar

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Get the Gringo

13 Assassins

Madagascar 3D

All of them with their respective slipcovers. Some of them for $10 others for $15, pretty good deal I couldn't pass up! :popcorn:

Also, received my copy of Terminator Play.com Exclusive and the transfer is awesome!

Do you lot just buy blu rays just to have the latest hi def stuff? i have been reading this thread for a while now and for the prices you pay for just one film it's a little crazy. I mean it's not as if you tend to pick great films like me for example i have quite a few blu rays but i only get them for truly great films. You lot seem to just buy special tinned editions of just well awful films. I mean honestly total recall the new one? bourne legacy? there are others but i cant think of them at the moment. Just seems a little absurd to me kinda more money than sense.

Edited by Ryan95

Well, I myself have nearly $5,000 wrapped up in my equipment, so I want the highest quality possible. And I've got over 200 movies, and I like every one of them and easily think they're all worth blu ray treatment.

As for the steelbook stuff, like I said, I like all of the movies I own and if I blind buy a movie, steelbook or not, I'll sell it for most likely what I paid. Sure, I spend more on some movies, but that isn't always the norm.

Not sure if you've seen the last picture I posted, but I take pride in my movies, especially my steels, and display them.

It isn't for everyone, but everyone has their thing, and this one is mine. :)

Rolling Stones: Charlie Is My Darling, Ireland '65

The Doors live at the Hollywood Bowl '68

The Complete Monterey Pop Festival (upgrade from dvd)

Beatles Magical Mystery Tour

Beatles A Hard Day's Night

:devilshades:

So how is Charlie My Darling and the Doors releases?

Both worthy.

Doors audio is clear, picture is cleaned up and slightly cropped for widescreen (no biggy though), keep the dvd for the full picture version.

There's a short docu about the restoration and how they dubbed some audio in order to include missing songs.

Not sure with you and the Charlie blu, there's some grain but not heavy to my eyes.

Not quite restored to absolute perfection, would have cost more than they would prob ever make back.

Audio is fantastic.

Set includes director's cut, producer's cut and the new 65 minute cut.

The backstage stuff will prob bore the casual fan, but the lads sitting around jamming Santa Bring My Baby Back To Me etc. is really fun to watch.

The bonus cd's of live material are great!!

You preordered the deluxe Charlie set no?

Man you're going to love it!

Rolling Stones: Charlie Is My Darling, Ireland '65

The Doors live at the Hollywood Bowl '68

The Complete Monterey Pop Festival (upgrade from dvd)

Beatles Magical Mystery Tour

Beatles A Hard Day's Night

:devilshades:

So how is Charlie My Darling and the Doors releases?

Both worthy.

Doors audio is clear, picture is cleaned up and slightly cropped for widescreen (no biggy though), keep the dvd for the full picture version.

There's a short docu about the restoration and how they dubbed some audio in order to include missing songs.

Not sure with you and the Charlie blu, there's some grain but not heavy to my eyes.

Not quite restored to absolute perfection, would have cost more than they would prob ever make back.

Audio is fantastic.

Set includes director's cut, producer's cut and the new 65 minute cut.

The backstage stuff will prob bore the casual fan, but the lads sitting around jamming Santa Bring My Baby Back To Me etc. is really fun to watch.

The bonus cd's of live material are great!!

You preordered the deluxe Charlie set no?

Man you're going to love it!

Thanks Zint, I backed off on the order until I got some feedback on the live CD material...will have to put this back on my list....

Just watched "Magical Mystery Tour", nothing really much to say about it except the print looks good and the commentary was okay, never saw that promo of "Hello Goodbye" before.

How is "Charlie is my Darling" compared to "Don't Look Back" or The Beatles "First US Visit"? When it comes to documentaries and Blu Ray, you can't be picky, considering what they shot footage on at the time. At least we now have this, TAMI Show, and the Ed Sullivan DVDs for that period, because all you had out there was footage of fucked up Brian Jones.

Yeah, some decent deals on BF.

Gonna pick up The Amazing Spider-Man after work tomorrow.

Thought about blind-buying the complete series of Entourage for $140 but decide to pass, or at least hold off. Just dropped $120 on seasons 1-6 of Dexter to finally add to the collection, so I'm good on TV series for awhile (even though I won't watch them for an even longer while :tongue2:). I'll probably end up getting it eventually.

Guest Len B'stard

I recently for a PS3 so i might pick up a blu ray, see what all the fuss is about. Anyone got a film in mind that looks particularly good in the format they can reccomend me? Something good though, not fuckin' Lucases Cunt Wars, something decent :)

Guest Len B'stard

Uh, i think so? When i got the PS3 my brother gave me this little flat screen LCD telly with it that he had lying around, i'm pretty sure it's HD-thingie-ey. Excuse my ignorance here, actually when i was buying the PS3 the guy at the shop was like asking me if the tv i was gonna use it with was HDMI ready and i called my brother and asked him and he said no so he didn't give me a HDMI cable with it but when we got round his we found out later that it was HDMI ready, is that like...something to do with what you're asking? Again, excuse my thickness on the subject.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Cool, so i'm like, a cable away from being up and running? Nice one. It's just like...a scart lead basically innit? A posh scart lead that makes the picture better or something?

Edited by sugaraylen