Rate your current level of satisfaction as a GNR fan

Rate your current level of satisfaction as a GNR fan  

298 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10!

saw them at manchester and it was the best gig i have ever seen (beating GnR Leeds 2010 and Aerosmith as my previous favourite gigs ever) got a real long set! a nice surprise (Shacklers) and was on the barrier in front of Ron for the entire gig.

I personally don't see why everybody is whinging for a new album its been 4 years (3 1/2?) Maiden waited from 2006 to 2010/11 to release a new album and people say they release too much. I would love new music (that could be said for 3 weeks after an album launch though) but am not going to complain when i am geting 3 hour gigs

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really love Chd, but since Robin and Brain departure I'm fell like GNR become just another rock band. Nothing special, kinda boring generic band. Without big future, they may doing tours and make great shows, but they can't make a new and exciting music.

I voted 8 because I would really like to see some new songs to be played. And like others have said, a new release would shoot me up to a 10 without a doubt. I'm pretty excited for the pro-shot of the May 31st show to come out though. It gives me something to be excited for, as well as the upcoming concerts. You never know what might happen at a concert!

Yaaaaaawwwwwn. Soul Monster disagrees with me. :sleeper:

Are you saying you actually believe Axl wasn't a founding member of GN'R? Are you saying you actually have evidence for the band not "moving forward at all" and that it is NOT just your baseless opinions? Are you saying you have some evidence for GN'R being dishonest about their shows and somehow lying about the fact that the majority of songs will be old songs catering to nostalgia among the audience? Are you saying you can actually argue for your silly claim that "Axl rarely looks happy at stage [these days]"? Or are you saying it is us the readers who should yawn over your worthless post?

I currently could not care less about them

+1

"Couldn't care less" means that one is indifferent to the band, not the highest degree of dissatisfaction. To not care about the band and be completely indifferent to it, would be a 5.

I honestly don't think people understand this simple question and the scale.

Are you saying you actually believe Axl wasn't a founding member of GN'R? Are you saying you actually have evidence for the band not "moving forward at all" and that it is NOT just your baseless opinions? Are you saying you have some evidence for GN'R being dishonest about their shows and somehow lying about the fact that the majority of songs will be old songs catering to nostalgia among the audience? Are you saying you can actually argue for your silly claim that "Axl rarely looks happy at stage [these days]"? Or are you saying it is us the readers who should yawn over your worthless post?

I'm saying no matter how I justify my opinions you'll disagree so fuck it. Axl wasn't a founding member? What? See this is why I try to avoid confrontations like this. Why the hell would you think I meant that in any way? Everything in my post I stand by nothing you're saying here is relevant to any of that so whatever.

The band talks like they're moving forward (at least two more albums worth of songs, "always thought it was a double album", soul monster, jackie chan, "axl plays me stuff on piano", "I recorded ten demos for Axl", "same bat time next year", "can't wait to work on new material", etc etc etc).

This is the kind of stuff lots of bands say. Then they follow up on those words. Metallica was my example.

The Pixies tour the old songs playing pretty much the same show every night. Everyone knows this, they don't pretend like something is coming they play the hits and the show is full of nostalgia. This is how GNR actually operates despite talking like the former (example: Metallica).

That was my point. Therein sits my dissatisfaction. Don't talk the talk if you aren't going to walk the walk. GNR haven't walked the walk since the label pried CD out of Axl's cold bitter hands.

Edited by The_Universal_Sigh

I currently could not care less about them

+1

"Couldn't care less" means that one is indifferent to the band, not the highest degree of dissatisfaction. To not care about the band and be completely indifferent to it, would be a 5.

I honestly don't think people understand this simple question and the scale.

You just can't stand that people have a different opinion than you, can you?

I'm saying no matter how I justify my opinions you'll disagree so fuck it. Axl wasn't a founding member? What? See this is why I try to avoid confrontations like this. Why the hell would you think I meant that in any way? Everything in my post I stand by nothing you're saying here is relevant to any of that so whatever.

The band talks like they're moving forward (at least two more albums worth of songs, "always thought it was a double album", soul monster, jackie chan, "axl plays me stuff on piano", "I recorded ten demos for Axl", "same bat time next year", "can't wait to work on new material", etc etc etc).

This is the kind of stuff lots of bands say. Then they follow up on those words. Metallica was my example.

The Pixies tour the old songs playing pretty much the same show every night. Everyone knows this, they don't pretend like something is coming they play the hits and the show is full of nostalgia. This is how GNR actually operates despite talking like the former (example: Metallica).

That was my point. Therein sits my dissatisfaction. Don't talk the talk if you aren't going to walk the walk. GNR haven't walked the walk since the label pried CD out of Axl's cold bitter hands.

There is only one thing to say to such nonsense: it's only been 3.5 years. And facepalm.

You just can't stand that people have a different opinion than you, can you?

Why on earth would you think so? I love when people have other opinions than me, especially when those opinions are really dumb. Speaking of dumb, I would also love for someone who gave it a 1 to actually step up and come out an argue for why they consider today's situation as bad as it can possibly get. Are they afraid?

Why on earth would you think so? I love when people have other opinions than me, especially when those opinions are really dumb. Speaking of dumb, I would also love for someone who gave it a 1 to actually step up and come out an argue for why they consider today's situation as bad as it can possibly get. Are they afraid?

Why would they be afraid? It's the internet. I would think some of the 1's are those disappointed with the lineup while others are disappointed with the lack of future plans. The potential negatives to fans are pretty obvious if you think about it.

To answer why they may not be answering; What difference does it make? It wouldn't change your mind. You'd just spend time telling them they're wrong and they'd end right back where they started. When you're wanting to argue for the sake of arguing, I guess they don't?

I would think some of the 1's are those disappointed with the lineup while others are disappointed with the lack of future plans. The potential negatives to fans are pretty obvious if you think about it.

I don't think you've understood it, either. We are not talking about merely being disappointed -- which I can understand many are -- but being so dissatisfied that it is not possible to be more disappointed. People who vote 1 are not only saying this is the most disappointed they have ever been, but that they are as disappointed as they can ever conceivably be, because they are already at the bottom of the scale. Of course I realize that a 1 could cover many situations of slightly varying degrees of disappointment, but, still, they consider 2012, a year when the band is active, talks about releasing more music, plays successful tours, and does lots of interviews, the most disappointed they have ever been and can ever be. It's hilarious.

10!

saw them at manchester and it was the best gig i have ever seen (beating GnR Leeds 2010 and Aerosmith as my previous favourite gigs ever) got a real long set! a nice surprise (Shacklers) and was on the barrier in front of Ron for the entire gig.

I personally don't see why everybody is whinging for a new album its been 4 years (3 1/2?) Maiden waited from 2006 to 2010/11 to release a new album and people say they release too much. I would love new music (that could be said for 3 weeks after an album launch though) but am not going to complain when i am geting 3 hour gigs

I say this in all respect, not trying to argue!

Yes it has only been four years. BUT it has also just been one album in the last 15 years.

The band keeps talking about how much old material they have and how they are all working on new material. All that does is gets the fans hopes up - which sucks when a year goes by with no new news of the album actually being released.

I find the Iron Maiden example very hard to believe. Fans are complaining that an album every five years is toomuch material? Bands used to put out an album ever two years. Three years was a long wait. It sucks that in today's music scene a 5 year wait is becomming the norm. Look at GnR - what was it, between 1987 and 1992 we got 3.5 albums?

And the 3-hour shows are a lot of fun. No doubt.

But really the only shows that effect a fan personally are the ones they can attend.

I know that initially sounds selfish - and that is OK. This is a topic that wants to know a person's personal level of satisfaction. But would you rather see a band twice in five years, and both times are 3 hour shows.....but then the band tours for a decade? You would be "ok" with that, because they are putting on three hour gigs? You are kind of comparing apples to oranges there.

AND SOULMONSTER#################

You have to then be willing to use the same logic in terms of people giving a 10 for an answer. I'm only pointing this out because you are calling out people who rated their level of satisfaction a 1.

Those who say it is a 10 are saying that NOTHING GNR does could make them more satisfied. So that person would be happy if GnR releases no more new albums and just continues to do GH/CD tours for the next 20 years.

Let's say that NEXT week Axl released a boxed set that featured 40 songs that were leftovers from the CD sessions, concert blue-ray video of their best performances, an Axl Rose biography, a 5-hour documentary on the band, featuring behind the scenes footage of Axl goofing off, etc, and 15-song CD featuring GnR's greatest hits - acoustic versions.

Then, come Christimas time of this year the band goes the Illusions route and releases a double album (or two albums at the same time). Thirty-two songs written by the current band - in your hands for Christmas.

To tour the new albums and boxed set albums, the 2013-through-2015 world tour features two shows in every city. First night is an all acoustic show. Second night is the normal show.

Rotating opening acts on the tour - but the same deal. First night is acoustic, second night electric. Opening acts for the tour include Velvet Revolver, Loaded, Izzy and the JuJus or whatever they are called, Alice Cooper, Van Halen, Aerosmith, Plant/Page, Clapton, Kravitz (I like him), Oasis, Metallica.

If all that happened, their "satisfaction" with the band wouldn't change?

Talking about new music is what we were hearing for 10 years before CD. In between the "talk," there was nothing. And it honestly looks like the next step. At least in '02, there were live sample songs of what was to come eventually. Now it's just another tour where they are talking about new music someday before they disappear once again. Without even a taste of what is supposedly "waiting to be released."

A lot of people have seen this before. This is really nothing new and it isn't a guarantee of positive news any time soon.

Ask yourself, if they really had 70+ songs as claimed before, why not even 1 during the past tours? It looks like bullshit and the interviews may come across as bullshit to people, as well. I can't speak for anyone though. Completely dissatisfied with the quality of the band's performances? No album in sight, lineup....it could be anything.

I don't understand what you want. Are you trying to force people to ignore what they saw before with this band and unconsciously buy the hype from the clockwork interviews....again?

My 2 cents. GnR started dying the moment Steven was kicked out and Izzy left. And the band died for good after Matt, Slash and Duff were no longer involved with GnR. I understand that Axl owns the rights to the name of the band and he can hire whomever he wants to to play in his band, because make no mistake about it, nowadays GnR is just an Axl Rose band. But I wish he wouldn't use the name GnR and called his band something else.

I know the current musicians in GnR are great performers and know the songs by heart. But I couldn't care less about them. GnR came to my country and I decided not to go to the gig, 'cause I wasn't going to pay to see Axl Rose and a bunch of hired guns playing the songs I love.

I'm sorry.

I'm not satisfied at all with what GnR has become. I'll take VR over the current GnR any day of the week.

Edited by Madridista

Same set list,Axl sounding worst than ever,again the ghost of delays,another tour with no new music,no reunion......

A big 1.

So what you are saying is that NO tour, NO interviews, NO new web page, NO live streams, NO talk about a new record, would be...better??

Same set list,Axl sounding worst than ever,again the ghost of delays,another tour with no new music,no reunion......

A big 1.

So what you are saying is that NO tour, NO interviews, NO new web page, NO live streams, NO talk about a new record, would be...better??

Well yes Soulmonster, in a way it is plausible that "NOTHING" is better because in '04, for example, we had NONE of those things yet I was excited about Guns n Roses.

Edited by Eu4ic

A big 1.

Obviously it means the same to some people. If you were starving, would you thank people for farting their lunch in your face? You got a whiff of the food but still don't have what you were after.

Everyone wants new music.

A big 1.

Well yes Soulmonster, in a way it is plausible that "NOTHING" is better because in '04, for example, we had NONE of those things yet I was excited about Guns n Roses.

But the opposite of being excited is not to be dissatisfied, it is to be indifferent. Like other people have said, they "couldn't care less anymore". To be dissatisfied is something else entirely, that is an active dislike of what is going on.The only way you could be dissatisfied is if the band is doing something that in your eyes is wrong. Hence, people who are dissatisfied about today's situation -- which by any band's standard would be good with great touring, lots of promo, etc -- have completely different plans for GN'R (a reunion springs to mind) or just haven't thought things through, or just enjoy doing some good ol' pollfucking.

Obviously it means the same to some people.

I think it is a more plausible explanation that they just haven't thought things through and just use the occasion to spew out their completely out-of-scale negativity. Because if they prefer a situation where the band is completely inactive with no talks about a future record, with no updates on website or anything, basically a situation where the band is dead with no prospects of progress or new music, then they just aren't fans of the band, or more precisely, they are anti-fans (because the want the band to fail), which brings me back to what I said before (although jokingly), that this survey is a great opportunity to identify those "fans" who offer no value to the forum and should be mass banned.

A big 1.

What you dont realize is that for me its the same situation,because im just tired of seeing the same setlist with his new awesome voice.For me there is NO Tour,no interviews,no live streams,no new record.Because ive seen all last year,and the year before,and the year before.

They need urgently to change 60% of the setlist,Axl find himself again,and realese new music.Who they think they are? GNR of the 90s? that band could play 5 days in the same town and fill the stadium the 5 shows.Right now,they are coming to my coutry and i cant care less.

On a scale of 1-10 (1 lowest, 10 highest), rate your current level of satisfaction as a GNR fan.

based on nu-unreleased chinese material played live, updates from guns n roses management, updates from axl, fresh one offs with robin finck live on better, street of dreams, chinese democracy title track, twat, TIL, a nu-unreleased chinese song on itunes, a release date for the next chinese record.....like mick jagger "i can't get no satisfaction" no no no

A big 1.

What you dont realize is that for me its the same situation,because im just tired of seeing the same setlist with his new awesome voice.For me there is NO Tour,no interviews,no live streams,no new record.Because ive seen all last year,and the year before,and the year before.

You seriously don't think you would have been even more dissatisfied if GN'R wasn't on tour? If GN'R didn't talk about a new record? If GN'R didn't do lots of interviews? You are not able to see there is some water in the glass at all? You don't possess the slightest ability to realize that if you are ever to be satisfied the band must be active and that whatever happens now could potentially lead into whatever it is that you desire, and that if NOTHING happened at all, the probability of you being completely satisfied with GN'R in the future would be smaller, hence you should appreciate the current situation more than a potential situation with no activity at all? This is all lost on you?

What score would you give to your satisfaction if it was revealed that the band hadn't written any of their songs, but basically used a time of ghost writers since 1985, penning out both Axl lyrics and Slash's solos, and in addition strategically made up a completely fake history and style for the band, making them the Milli Vanilli of rock? Would that ALSO be a 1? Would you say you are about as unhappy with the current situation as you would be with my fictional scenario? What about a more realistic scenario: Axl folds up the band and never records music again, the rest of the CD session music is released and it is shit, Slash and Axl continues their childish feud into their 80s. Still a 1? Just as bad as today's situation with a band out entertaining thousands of fans every night, playing all over the world, releasing cool photos, interacting with fans, doing interviews, streaming live shows? Just black and white from you?

Right now,they are coming to my coutry and i cant care less.

Again, that sounds like indifference.

Edited by SoulMonster