What was the best NewGNR lineup?

What was the best NewGNR lineup?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's SOOO fuckin hard to choose!!!!! No line-up has even come close to the charisma and friendly chemistry this band has but.... Robin and Bucket are awesome!!! I say:

- Best technical and possibly songwriting line-up: '02

- Most charismatic, best stage presence line-up: This one.

- Most tight line-up, with perfect shows: '06.

I just can't choose. I Axl counts, it's definitely '06 though.

best post slash lineup? ultimate post slash lineup? how do we decide between best and ultimate? what are the differences between the two threads?

In the ultimate thread you have the opportunity to pick line-ups that have never existed.

By the way, two of the line-ups in the poll are exactly the same.

I like what Robin and Bucket did on the album, but since seeing NewGNR four times (02,06,10,11) I have to say my favorite line up is the current one. The live shows are fucking fantastic. They're a fucking band.

robin and bucket did on the chinese democracy record what slash did on appetite, lies, and illusions records

The 06 one would be my first choice, but the current gives us a better show imo - they played for the longest time together, didn't have any tours canceled, got to play some of the best older songs and fans favorites, etc. I certainly like Finck better than DJ and Brain better than Frank, though.

The 06 one would be my first choice, but the current gives us a better show imo - they played for the longest time together, didn't have any tours canceled, got to play some of the best older songs and fans favorites, etc. I certainly like Finck better than DJ and Brain better than Frank, though.

i prefer robin and brain over DJ and Frank too

02 lineup for me as well. Robin and Brain are a must, imho. And for Buckethead vs Star Trooper Head ... erm ... Bumblefoot ... :rolleyes: ... I simply don't like Ron's guitar sound. On most songs, it just doesn't fit, it just doesn't feel right. Plus his shredding seems too randomized at times. On the other hand, Ron brought back Don't Cry, so it really was a close call between 02 and 06.

Edited by A.J.