Megadeth booed off stage at festival.

Zint

source

"Being a rock star isn’t all limo rides, free beer and amps that turn up to 11. Sometimes, it means being the convenient target of aggression. Just ask Megadeth screamer/guitar-slinger Dave Mustaine, often a lightning rod for controversy and also, it seems, a handy magnet for rocks and other debris.

During Megadeth’s set earlier this week at a rock festival in Croatia, the band was driven from the stage by fans pelting stuff and screaming for an appearance by dodgy 80s-era metalheads W.A.S.P. which, let’s face it, is not something you hear about every day. The action, such as it is, begins at around the 9:20 mark in the fan-made video below.

While no official statement has been released, the webiverse is rife with speculation that concert-goers somehow discovered W.A.S.P. - also slated to perform at Croatia's MetalFest - had suddenly cancelled their appearance following a disagreement between singer Blackie Lawless and Mustaine who, as a born-again Christian, has a long-held policy of not performing alongside any band perceived as being satanic or evil.

Whether or not W.A.S.P. is actually satanic is pretty much debatable, but fan cries for their appearance during Megadeth’s set are very real (almost laughably real in fact), as the video demonstrates. After Megadeth left the stage, a hapless spokesman for the band appeared and said, in English: "Guys, Dave's been hit in the head with a rock."

He too was drowned out with calls for W.A.S.P. before adding: "I apologize. He's been hit in the head." He endured his own barrage of missiles before leaving the stage.

Having traveled extensively in Croatia - one of the loveliest spots of Earth – this seems really out of character with the populace at large but hey, throw a bunch of rock fans together, mix liberally with booze and what-have-you, turn up the testosterone and crowd mentality and bang-o: anything goes.

Luckily for Megadeth, those above-mentioned limos were no doubt idling backstage. Another day, another gig in the life of a rock star."

Seems a tad more silly than serious..in a spinal tap moment kinda way. ^_^

Normally I wouldn't endorse any of this kinda shit and I hope he wasn't hurt but to be honest if the guy's gonna act like such a fucking jackass I've not got much sympathy. I mean getting smaller bands kicked off the bill cos of all this nutjob born again Christian bollocks? Seriously? What a wanker!

Guest Len B'stard

Normally I wouldn't endorse any of this kinda shit and I hope he wasn't hurt but to be honest if the guy's gonna act like such a fucking jackass I've not got much sympathy. I mean getting smaller bands kicked off the bill cos of all this nutjob born again Christian bollocks? Seriously? What a wanker!

i would endorse it, fuck em, you wanna give it the billy biggun, playing loud rauccous music and then when you get a bit of the raccousness thrown back at ya you fuckin bottle it.

No one pelts my favorite bands off of nowhere :D

Edited by sugaraylen

WTF WASP???? :rofl-lol:

It is so disrespectful to treat a band like Megadeth this way.

Piss off Volcano old chap! :lol: It's disrespectful of Wankstaine to pull shit like this and get bands booted off the bill cos it offends his fuckin' cult! Heavy metal band leader that refuses to play on the same bill as bands associated with black magic and wotnot? Fuck off! I've heard everything now! What a fucking ponce!!!

Edited by Dazey

Piss off Volcano old chap! :lol: It's disrespectful of Wankstaine to pull shit like this and get bands booted off the bill cos it offends his fuckin' cult! Heavy metal band leader that refuses to play on the same bill as bands associated with black magic and wotnot? Fuck off! I've heard everything now! What a fucking ponce!!!

AFAIK, when these situations have arose in the past, Dave had asked not to be on the same night, stage etc as such band s, not get them kicked off.

AFAIK, when these situations have arose in the past, Dave had asked not to be on the same night, stage etc as such band s, not get them kicked off.

I heard that he had offered to step down and play another night instead of having other bands removed but it's all the fucking same thing isn't it? If he asks not to be on the same bill as certain other smaller bands he knows for a fact that there's a strong likelihood of the organisers simply canning said bands rather than rearrange the headliner. Either way, I've been reading some of the other shit he's been upto in the past and he sounds like a grade A toolbag!

Mustaine who, as a born-again Christian, has a long-held policy of not performing alongside any band perceived as being satanic or evil.

What? But he's cool with Slayer?!

ci.jpg

album-Slayer-Show-No-Mercy.jpg

Actually, Tom Araya is catholic and has a strong belief on a supreme being.

While no official statement has been released, the webiverse is rife with speculation that concert-goers somehow discovered W.A.S.P. - also slated to perform at Croatia's MetalFest - had suddenly cancelled their appearance following a disagreement between singer Blackie Lawless and Mustaine who, as a born-again Christian, has a long-held policy of not performing alongside any band perceived as being satanic or evil.

I suppose it's a rumour, isn't it? Dave should've learnt a trick or two from his red-headed brother Axl Rose. When the first stone hit the stage, he should've left it. No need to act Mr. Nice Guy in front of the people who don't appreciate it. Instead of getting to see at least one band, they'd have gotten to see none. Tough guys!

I watched the whole performance by Megadeth at the said festival and I must give it up for Mustaine as he sang decently this time. In fact, his current singing abilities were the sole reason why I chose not to attend their show in Russia this year. And this is the first time I decided to give it a pass.

As for W.A.S.P. being an evil satanic band, give me a break! :lol: Besides, W.A.S.P. just plain sucks compared to Megadeth, any lineup - early, classic, intermediate or nu.

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

Mustaine who, as a born-again Christian, has a long-held policy of not performing alongside any band perceived as being satanic or evil.

What? But he's cool with Slayer?!

ci.jpg

album-Slayer-Show-No-Mercy.jpg

Dude really skipped some lines from the bible, eh? :D

Yup. He even questioned his participation in the band or singing certain songs a while ago. Thanks to Kerry, he chose to keep going.

Why wouldn't he just point out all the violent, terrible, murderous, immoral stuff in the Bible and be like "see, you're doing exactly what your religion preaches!"

Not the first time Mustaine's been pelted off stage for being an idiot... he played a gig in Belfast during the Troubles and dedicated Anarchy in the UK to "the cause" not realising what it meant and that he was in fact endorsing the IRA. Loyalists threatened to murder him and he had to travel in a bulletproof bus for the rest of the tour. :lol:

''The rain, that fell the night earlier, softened the ground and prevented the truck with Megadeths equipment to arrive directly next to the stage. Because of that, we had to carry all the equipment by hand which slowed everything down and prolonged the delays.

Since Megadeth had to play in Italy the next night, we complied with their condition to play earlier (8pm). If we hadn't done that, they probably would have cancelled too.

When the band members of W.A.S.P. heard what was going on, they just turned around and left, without any discussion. I have to admit that I had a lot of situations with bands before, but never something like this, to have a band leave without saying a word.'' - said Boban Milunović, the main organizer of Metalfest in Zadar.

Guest Len B'stard

Not the first time Mustaine's been pelted off stage for being an idiot... he played a gig in Belfast during the Troubles and dedicated Anarchy in the UK to "the cause" not realising what it meant and that he was in fact endorsing the IRA. Loyalists threatened to murder him and he had to travel in a bulletproof bus for the rest of the tour. :lol:

That ain't true! :rofl-lol: Seriously?!?! :lol:

story is in his autobiograhpy.

''The rain, that fell the night earlier, softened the ground and prevented the truck with Megadeths equipment to arrive directly next to the stage. Because of that, we had to carry all the equipment by hand which slowed everything down and prolonged the delays.

Since Megadeth had to play in Italy the next night, we complied with their condition to play earlier (8pm). If we hadn't done that, they probably would have cancelled too.

When the band members of W.A.S.P. heard what was going on, they just turned around and left, without any discussion. I have to admit that I had a lot of situations with bands before, but never something like this, to have a band leave without saying a word.'' - said Boban Milunović, the main organizer of Metalfest in Zadar.

Well who's an asshole now? :rolleyes:

Guest Len B'stard

story is in his autobiograhpy.

:lol: what a dickhead!